Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2010, 06:33 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Why arrogant and why creeps? It's not like they put the sign up in front of the holy church.
When you go to someone's birthday party, do you try to ruin it because it is not your birthday?
Who are they to declare it a myth? Where they there?

Old 11-29-2010, 06:39 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
NO where in the post you quoted did it say anything like what you say in your post....you made it all up. Here's the post you quoted and there is NO where he says he doesn't want to be accountable for his actions...

"""""Originally Posted by GalileoSmith
I am an atheist. One of the perks of being an atheist is that it's generally a lot less trouble than being a traditional believer. There's no church to worry about. I don't have to listen to the Pope. There's never a reason to drop to my knees and bow in some predetermined direction. So I don't know why any atheist would take the time or trouble to put up a billboard. The hassle is in itself defeating one of the great positives of atheism.""""

Your words reinforce what I've though all along...christian's belief in a god and punishment for wrong doing is the ONLY reason they do the right things....and then they have a really hard time....Do you REALLY believe all the terrible things and criminal acts in the world are the work of atheists???
That's a ridiculous statement. I don't care about the stupid billboard, nor do I care what people believe, but I am annoyed by people who act stupid voluntarily.

Most Christians, just like people of other religions, do a lot of good because they choose to use their lives to make other lives better, not just because they believe in "punishment for wrongdoing". What a dumbass statement.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:42 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
New Atheist Billboard Up in New Jersey - CNN iReport

Arrogant little creeps, this group is, aren't they?
To me it just shows stupidity, if they don't believe who cares. They must be afraid or more than likely just have no life what so ever.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:16 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I appreciate your honesty. Your words reinforce what I've thought of Atheists all along: People who have ZERO desire to be accountable for their actions while on this Earth. Pascal's Wager......... Is it worth it to not be accountable only to find out you were wrong all along?
Pascal's Wager is BULL. Pure bull. It would only make logical sense if there was one agreed upon god, but since there are countless it breaks down. I mean you could talk to yoursel..er I mean pray every night to Jesus and go to church and worship your imaginary friend every Sunday and be just as screwed on Judgment Day as I am if you find Allah was right all along. Or maybe Catholics are right and only Catholics get to heaven. Hell, perhaps Mormon's are right who knows? You don't, I don't, NO ONE does.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I appreciate your honesty. Your words reinforce what I've thought of Atheists all along: People who have ZERO desire to be accountable for their actions while on this Earth. Pascal's Wager......... Is it worth it to not be accountable only to find out you were wrong all along?
Oh how am I not accountable? I am accountable to many people and entities. I can't just do whatever I want because there is such a thing as the LAW. You may have heard of it. The biggest perk of the law over god is that the law actually exists.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:21 AM

3,727 posts, read 7,036,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
When you go to someone's birthday party, do you try to ruin it because it is not your birthday?
Were you?

If you expect us to put up with your billboards, then you have to put up with ours. It's called freedom of speech.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
That theory breaks down once someone realizes that Christmas is not in actuality Christ's birthday.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:35 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
MLK's birthday is rarely celebrated on his birthday either.

So what's your point?

Old 11-29-2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
MLK's birthday is rarely celebrated on his birthday either.

So what's your point?
So the point is that it's not in fact like walking in on some living, breathing, actual person's birthday party and ruining it. If Jesus does exist, I'm quite sure he doesn't care if we participate in the pagan holiday of Christmas. He spent a lot of time talking about good works and stuff like that. But that's not important I guess. Either way, Happy Holidays.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:47 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
MLK isn't living, Washington and Lincoln aren't living, but you could still ruin any celebrations in their honor.

I don't think either side ought to be putting up billboards and giving their unsolicited opinions in a public place. The Internet...is not a "place", and as such is the only place such opinions should be expressed to faceless nonentities around the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies