Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2010, 02:32 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I guess obama didn't learn, did he? Still living it on the taxpayer's dime, while the country continues to struggle and millions are out of a job.

His arrogance and narcissism knows no bounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 02:53 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He wasn't at his ranch, he was at Camp David for every Xmas. Now CD is just a hop, skip and a jump from the WH, so those on security detail @ CD were basically "home". And knowing Bush and his thoughtfulness, I'm sure the SS took staggered hours so they COULD be home with their families.

Obama the selfish, arrogant little man will have none of that. He couldn't care less if he drags the SS and a plethora of other staff and personnel to Hawaii, away from their families.
You clearly don't have a ****ing clue how the Secret Service and the Presidential Details work, so you might just want to stop commenting on it.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Texture_Guy View Post
I can put an end to this thread real fast.

it dosent matter if you have a republican in office right now or a democrat. both will have to spend money to get the economy on track. If you can tell me how a president is supposed to create a job without financing, then so be it.

btw. the employement rate when bush left was at 8% and he had republicans all in control. only since obama is in office is when the dems had control.

Here is a list of speakers to verify that
List of Speakers of the United States House of Representatives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that way you can't tell me to check facts. we have been in republican contrul since 1995. bill clintons second term. in which everything slowly started to crack. I dont think i need to say much more about it.

Obama is a scape goat if anything. You are knocking a president that has done everything he said he was going to do. name presidents thta have done that. bush spent out of control. people don't know facts. Dont bring up the clinton houseing bill because bush should have monitored that and didnt. or should i say the entire republican party since they were in control. so basically the republicans have been in control during this whole crisis. so why vote them back in. the two years the werent in control, stuff got done? i guess all the republicans of course will say no i am wrong, but im basing this on facts. Obama has stalled the process, good for him! He created jobs, did health care and alot of other stuff.
Did our history begin in 1997 or 2000? I ask this because according to your link, in only part of that time did Republicans hold control in the House. Lets go back to 1931 and see how many years Republicans held the Speakership. You may be surprised if you do that.

Beginning next Monday a number of people are going to really be surprised at one of Obama's promises that will slap them in the face. Do you remember him saying that he wouldn't raise income taxes on anyone who makes less than $250,000. If your employer supplies the cost of your health insurance you will be getting to pay income taxes on what they pay for you for insurance. That means that many people will get income raises of from about $10,000 to God knows where. Yep he has done everything he promised to do. Afghanistan, Iraq. Gitmo, and on and on his promises were nothing but hot air.

Study up on who controlled the House from 1931 to the present. I know you are going to learn something that you didn't know before.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:57 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I guess obama didn't learn, did he? Still living it on the taxpayer's dime, while the country continues to struggle and millions are out of a job.

His arrogance and narcissism knows no bounds.
I see it this way. The country is in internal turmoil regarding unemployment, jobs, the dispicable security screenings imposed on internal air travelers, national debt, deficits out the ying yang, etc.

If he'd exercise a modicum of concern for the regular guy's burden and made a bit of a showing of cutting back in any small way, he'd get accolades from everyone. However, he just spends and spends along as if there's no tomorrow.

Show some compassion for the little guy. Make some MEANINGFUL cutbacks in spending. Show some public pride in America, not the plastic version displayed in front of the camera.

Instead of cavorting on the beaches of Hawaii, do some local work in one of the small towns of America devastated by this economy. Like we do, everyday. Do something to make EVERYONE proud, not just the devout followers and media. It's not hard to figure out what needs to be done.

It's as if the whole Whitehouse is in 'AGENDA MODE' all the time. The issues that hit Americans hard everyday don't seem to affect their agendas.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:20 PM

57 posts, read 172,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did our history begin in 1997 or 2000? I ask this because according to your link, in only part of that time did Republicans hold control in the House. Lets go back to 1931 and see how many years Republicans held the Speakership. You may be surprised if you do that.

Beginning next Monday a number of people are going to really be surprised at one of Obama's promises that will slap them in the face. Do you remember him saying that he wouldn't raise income taxes on anyone who makes less than $250,000. If your employer supplies the cost of your health insurance you will be getting to pay income taxes on what they pay for you for insurance. That means that many people will get income raises of from about $10,000 to God knows where. Yep he has done everything he promised to do. Afghanistan, Iraq. Gitmo, and on and on his promises were nothing but hot air.

Study up on who controlled the House from 1931 to the present. I know you are going to learn something that you didn't know before.
What are you trying to prove by going back to 1931. Oh and if obama can't keep all his promises, thats okay with me. He is doing the best he can do. there are more important things to worry about right now then having to raise taxes, I dont make much but i am all for higher taxes.

This again meaning most american people are stupid. Taxes are what run the country, they are what pay teachers and cops and fireman. road work as well. last i checked that stuff also cost money. And in what bill does it say he has to raise taxes on people making less then 250k.

I try not to keep tabs on this stuff because it is really out of my control what people do once they are in office and who they have to battle against.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Texture_Guy View Post
What are you trying to prove by going back to 1931. Oh and if obama can't keep all his promises, thats okay with me. He is doing the best he can do. there are more important things to worry about right now then having to raise taxes, I dont make much but i am all for higher taxes.

This again meaning most american people are stupid. Taxes are what run the country, they are what pay teachers and cops and fireman. road work as well. last i checked that stuff also cost money. And in what bill does it say he has to raise taxes on people making less then 250k.

I try not to keep tabs on this stuff because it is really out of my control what people do once they are in office and who they have to battle against.
Those are local taxes that pay those people, not federal income taxes.
Obama has no control nor does Congress over local taxes.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:33 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless unemployment View Post
BY MALIA ZIMMERMAN
Nestled in three luxury beachfront homes just outside a local favorite surf spot on the pristine turquoise waters of Kailua Bay,President Barack Obama and his family and friends are enjoying a seemingly quiet Christmas vacation,,,,

See More.... Obama’s Million Dollar Hawaiian Vacation: Costs to Taxpayers Detailed | Hawaii Reporter
He's the POTUS, he's entitled to take a vacation. If you don't like it, too bad.

Old 12-31-2010, 06:22 PM

888 posts, read 1,187,220 times
If it was a Republican President, you wouldn't have herd a peep of righteous indignation from the righties.

You betcha.....Steve

Old 12-31-2010, 06:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You clearly don't have a ****ing clue how the Secret Service and the Presidential Details work, so you might just want to stop commenting on it.
Oh, pray tell?

So, staying at Camp David is MORE of a security nightmare than traipsing to Hawaii?

Can't wait to hear this one.

Old 12-31-2010, 06:44 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,097,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
it may be useless - just like his lame attempts recently to find Christianity. The American People are not stupid.
Would you like to reevaluate that position?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies