Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2010, 12:44 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times

Advertisements

Barack Obama delays return from Hawaii - Carol E. Lee - POLITICO.com

A good liberal training for the Obama girls: the rules need not apply to the privileged elite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 12:46 PM

764 posts, read 597,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Add 200 million per day on his last trip and I would say he has broke the bank this year with the spending on vacations.

I believe he needs a vacation but not every other month and not spending millions of dollars at the time when the economy is worse then any time since the depression.

I do not mind him taken a vacation with his family but this spending and amount of vacations is way over the line.

People living in tents and going hungry and he goes and spends millions on a vacation.

His judgment is very poor to say the least.
That 200 Million per day thing was made up. Didn't stop FOX from reporting it though (despite it having no source), of course...

Old 12-31-2010, 01:06 PM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh please, don't start that again. Last time you put up the actual passage, it proved my point, not yours. A total humiliation, btw.

Of course the president will have SS protection wherever he goes, but at Camp David, where Bush spent EVERY single Xmas, the detail would be less than the security and staff/personnel needed to go traipsing to Hawaii on a luxury vacation, taking the SS personnel and staff AWAY from their families on Xmas AND New Years.

What an arrogant, selfish little man he is.
san please even at the ranch for bush his SS were away from their family on xmas and new years. the detail you imagine would be less may not be. the area where obama and his family are is pretty well secured and private. I am sure the house was picked especially for that reason. because it could be secured without too much trouble

Old 12-31-2010, 01:08 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless unemployment View Post
BY MALIA ZIMMERMAN
Nestled in three luxury beachfront homes just outside a local favorite surf spot on the pristine turquoise waters of Kailua Bay,President Barack Obama and his family and friends are enjoying a seemingly quiet Christmas vacation,,,,

See More.... Obama’s Million Dollar Hawaiian Vacation: Costs to Taxpayers Detailed | Hawaii Reporter
Can't we just pull up last year's thread.
I mean, nothing has changed...
Same made up outrage, same refusal to look at Bush being on holiday for over 1/3 of his presiduncy.
It's only bad because it's Obama and Faux/Beck saying so.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:11 PM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Can't we just pull up last year's thread.
I mean, nothing has changed...
Same made up outrage, same refusal to look at Bush being on holiday for over 1/3 of his presiduncy.
It's only bad because it's Obama and Faux/Beck saying so.
great idea...lets see last years thread!

Old 12-31-2010, 01:17 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Default Last Year's thread on same topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
great idea...lets see last years thread!
Your wish...
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ese-times.html

Oh, the humanity.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:18 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Add 200 million per day on his last trip and I would say he has broke the bank this year with the spending on vacations.
This my friends, is why you don't believe everything that someone says.

Especially when repeating something that has been proven to be false, makes you look pretty stupid.

Aliens are coming too!

Old 12-31-2010, 01:21 PM

78,436 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Texture_Guy View Post
Its a george bush word. kinda like nukeular
yes that Bush are stupidest.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:23 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
To all those gnashing their teeth over the spending..Obama must have heard you all..he decided to stay one more day !

Old 12-31-2010, 02:31 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
san please even at the ranch for bush his SS were away from their family on xmas and new years. the detail you imagine would be less may not be. the area where obama and his family are is pretty well secured and private. I am sure the house was picked especially for that reason. because it could be secured without too much trouble
He wasn't at his ranch, he was at Camp David for every Xmas. Now CD is just a hop, skip and a jump from the WH, so those on security detail @ CD were basically "home". And knowing Bush and his thoughtfulness, I'm sure the SS took staggered hours so they COULD be home with their families.

Obama the selfish, arrogant little man will have none of that. He couldn't care less if he drags the SS and a plethora of other staff and personnel to Hawaii, away from their families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies