Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 08:14 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,278,894 times

Advertisements

Seems like she's been taking lessons from Raumbo.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:14 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,226,694 times
I am not mad at her. This is what her peeps want her to do.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:15 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,278,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDASpaceman View Post
I am not mad at her. This is what her peeps want her to do.
Yup, works well for New Yorkers (speaking as a former NYer myself)

Old 01-09-2011, 08:15 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,335 times
I do not live in Arizona. From my perspective, outside looking in, I saw a man tossing gasoline on an already out of control fire. I was surprised that he had purported such insight on the incident while the FBI and every other professional law enforcement agency had virtually zero information. The guy was using a tragedy to further his own agenda. Knowing little about Tuscon, would it be safe to assume the Sheriff's position is elected? He just strikes as more politician than cop.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:18 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,092,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAinAZ View Post
I think it is appalling that he used this horendous event to try to score political points. He was aware that his comments would be carried worldwide, and he used the opportunity to try to further his political views. And all this before he had a clue as to why this nut job idiot did what he did.
Do you think the Sheriff may have had access to the suspect, and/or may have been involved in questioning him, or involved in the investigation and had/has more knowledge about the incident than someone who was not on the "inside" had, therefore in a more knowledgeable position to know what he was talking about?

Old 01-09-2011, 08:19 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,092,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I do not live in Arizona. From my perspective, outside looking in, I saw a man tossing gasoline on an already out of control fire. I was surprised that he had purported such insight on the incident while the FBI and every other professional law enforcement agency had virtually zero information. The guy was using a tragedy to further his own agenda. Knowing little about Tuscon, would it be safe to assume the Sheriff's position is elected? He just strikes as more politician than cop.
What do you think his "agenda" was, specifically?

Old 01-09-2011, 08:24 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,321 times
It's so predictable.

Equally predictable is how certain politicians have chosen to describe the shooter, feed it to the media, gobbled up by the media and push yet another brainwashing wave of stupidity on the American people.....

"Pot-smoking assassin/shooter"

All the dopes in Washington are already attempting to capitalize on several aspects of this terrble situation. And more brainwashing to further entrench the ignorance and hypocrisy of anti-marijuana laws and mindsets; are already being fed to the lemmings.

Unfortunately, there are too many idiot Americans who will gladly swallow the bait, memorize their brainwashing orders and then spend the next few years regurgitating the same vomit they have been fed.

Oh and I'm sure the war on Nihilism has been refreshed. Because you know, unless one believes, thinks and speaks in the exact brainwashing concepts and syntax of "values" and so-called "morals" that they feed us; one is bad.

That's because the morals and values of Christianty, Islam and Capitalist Extremism; have done so well for our country.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:24 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,748,514 times
If there is any doubt, I think it this will erase it. This guy is purely political and a disgrace.

Megyn Kelly Debates Arizona Sheriff | Political Rhetoric | Mediaite

Old 01-09-2011, 08:26 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,520,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

What makes it even crazier is that Gabrielle Giffords calls herself a "Second Amendment Democrat". She very much defends the right to own a gun.
Yes she does and I sincerely hope that she recovers

I do find it interesting that with Arizona's firearms laws
and Tucson being a liberal sanctuary city that there was no
mention of any citizens taking a defensive action against
the alleged shooter

Old 01-09-2011, 08:32 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
It obviously depends on who you ask. For the most part, it seems like a lot of people agree with him. But still, most Tucsonans have some perspective and can understand how someone can make some over the top statements in a time of tragedy. I live in Giffords district, but i'm in Cochise County, so he's not really an issue for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies