Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2011, 02:38 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
f - a - i - l
No fail... Well partially. They get oxygen through the umbilical, but they do breathe the amniotic (not embriotic) fluid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
If a society wants to force a woman to have a child she would otherwise abort, I would say that society has just accepted the responsibility to see to it that the child is cared for.

Aborting a pregnancy when you do not want or cannot care for a child IS taking responsibility.

If you take away my right to do what I feel is responsible, then you should be prepared to deal with the consquences.
No, the responsible thing to do is not to get pregnant to begin with. The choice to abort, in most cases is, simply "oh shoot, I screwed up, now how do I just go on with my life? Oh, I know, I will just get rid of the baby"

This is not always the case, but it is the majority of the time. BTW, the babies born to mothers that can not afford them or care for them are our responsibility, that is one of the reasons we have so much debt. It is usually called: welfare.

Nita

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Then they should have their uterus removed and save the tax payer the headache.
If society used your standards you should have your brain removed.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
If society used your standards you should have your brain removed.
hardee har har.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:42 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
what???? No fail, that is what is happening. They aren't breathing embryonic fluid? You are really going to say that and you are a woman? Oh that's right, you don't have kids, what would you know.
I know that you cannot breathe without functioning lungs.

BTW....how old are you?

Old 03-31-2011, 02:44 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,308 times
Quote:
Babies are not aborted........fetuses are aborted.
Thank you for saying this. I wanted to point this out too.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:44 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I cant say I know how the adoption system is working today, but I know in the past it has been very difficult to adopt a child. I knew 2 couples trying to adopt babies. The children were toddlers and one 6yrs. old before the adoption went thru.

I agree kids know more about sex, but not about how reproduction works or BC, I would say especially in rural southern state, and this is due to lack of real sex education.

I cant believe you dont know any adult or married women that have had unplanned pregnancies due to BC failure. It happens all the time. I know a women who got pregnant eleven years after she had a tubal.
Yes, it is too hard to adopt, I agree or in some cases it is. As for not knowing about BC or how the reproductive system works, don't kid yourself. Yes, you probably are right about the truly rural communities, but they are also the ones that, in many cases, chosse to keep their babies, just like many in the inner cities.

I don't believe I ever said, I don't know anyone who ever got pregnant while using birth control, I said it was very rare. My own granddaughter did, whe is a nurse and still forgot the pill doesn't always protect when you are on anti-biotics. I will go on to add, she and hubby were still getting their education and the last thing they wanted or needed was a baby. Now that darling baby is a 4 year old.

Nita

Old 03-31-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
I know that you cannot breathe without functioning lungs.

BTW....how old are you?
ok, semantics. Their lungs are fully developed BEFORE birth for one thing, the second thing is, the breathing of the amniotic fluid helps develope the lungs. Do you think that lungs are not fully developed at time of birth? Do they all of a sudden just fully develope as the mother is pushing the child out? What stage are you talking about?

Old 03-31-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname View Post
Thank you for saying this. I wanted to point this out too.
Is a fetus that is 8 1/2 months in a baby or a fetus?

Old 03-31-2011, 03:03 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
No, the responsible thing to do is not to get pregnant to begin with. The choice to abort, in most cases is, simply "oh shoot, I screwed up, now how do I just go on with my life? Oh, I know, I will just get rid of the baby"

This is not always the case, but it is the majority of the time. BTW, the babies born to mothers that can not afford them or care for them are our responsibility, that is one of the reasons we have so much debt. It is usually called: welfare.

Nita
As we all know, even sterilization can fail. That is not a good reason to force a woman through pregnancy and childbirth when she does not even want a child.

And yes, not wanting to go through nine months of pregnancy and child birth is a good enough reason for a woman to abort. Get rid of the fetus.

If you force a woman to carry a pregnancy againt her will, do you think she is going to care about whether she eats properly, goes for check ups, takes vitamins, drinks alcohol, does drugs? NO. That forced "child" is going to be at a disadvantage before it is even born. Has anyone thought of that?

You cannot force someone to care.

A woman should NEVER be forced to carry a pregnancy against her will........even if their is a shortage of "babies" to adopt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies