Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Interracial marriages should be...
Legal 222 86.38%
Illegal 30 11.67%
Not sure 5 1.95%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 09:30 AM

25 posts, read 54,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Does not surprise me, i have some very very good friends who live there. I have to say i love them, but their thinking is sort of backwards, if i can say that. They do think differently then i. I do have to say for the most part, the people i know who live there, are sort of on the racist side.
dont generalize..that would be just as wrong as claiming all blacks dont work (which would be ridiculous, of course)..there are racists everywhere, and good people everywhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 09:31 AM

25 posts, read 54,507 times
this thinking is outdated, and who Knows who they asked in this poll, so i dont think it means anything

Old 07-16-2011, 09:50 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,242,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I know plenty of black men right now that think it is ok for a black man to date or marry a white woman, but not ok for a black woman to date or marry a white guy.

how hypocritical is that?
That typically goes for men in general. It stems from the primitive notion that every woman of their race somehow "belongs" to them. Same goes for how some women view the men who share their race.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:02 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,865,904 times
I wonder how the other states would fare. I'd bet it isn't exclusive to MS. Am I surprised about this... not too. sad that the young are so tainted, curious the middle age folks are more liberal.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:22 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,204,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
You people are ridiculous. There are still COUNTRIES that believe interracial marriages should be illegal and foreigners killed if they have ANY relations with their people. Italy anyone?! This thread is a joke.
Seriously? I'd like to know where you heard of this, because it sounds dubious to put it nicely. Sure you might find that in countries that are already backwards, but that kind of thing comes with the territory in those places.

But in the civilized world you're gonna have to work hard to prove to me that that's a real trend.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:22 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,174,303 times
I'm mixed and so are my children so I personally don't have an issue with interracial relationships, but I understand that some people think that it's best to stay within your race. Saying it's backwards thinking is just stupid. It's just a different opinion.

A White person put it to me this way before, "What if someone told you that in the future that there would be no more Asian people because they would all be mixed with another race? Would you think that was a good thing?" I thought about it and I understood what they were saying. So while I'm mixed, I understand if other people don't want to be, though I don't think should be a law against it.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:34 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,242,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
A White person put it to me this way before, "What if someone told you that in the future that there would be no more Asian people because they would all be mixed with another race? Would you think that was a good thing?" I thought about it and I understood what they were saying.
Who cares? If something like that were to even happen (which is unlikely given that Asians currently comprise about a fourth of the world's population), no one alive today would even be around to witness it. That white person was just projecting their own fears onto you in the form of an exaggerated hypothetical.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:37 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,204,526 times
Quote:
I'm mixed and so are my children so I personally don't have an issue with interracial relationships, but I understand that some people think that it's best to stay within your race. Saying it's backwards thinking is just stupid. It's just a different opinion.

A White person put it to me this way before, "What if someone told you that in the future that there would be no more Asian people because they would all be mixed with another race? Would you think that was a good thing?" I thought about it and I understood what they were saying. So while I'm mixed, I understand if other people don't want to be, though I don't think should be a law against it.
Sheer probability and logistics dictate that this is an enormously improbably occurrence. It also runs up against a basic understanding of human reproduction. It's not like addition where you add two together and get an average with both components being lost...

Old 07-16-2011, 10:37 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:

I'm a "white" person of anglo saxon heritage and I don't get what that "white" person was attempting to clarify.

I mean; what the hell difference could it possibly make to the worlds population if at one point in the future, through inter-marriage, we all become one colour?

Of what import or detriment would this possibly be?

Would we all suffer from having no obvious racial heritage to readily display? Would wearing those clickable coloured ear tags that cattle have, to register their breeding, be sufficient to satisfy those concerns for the retards who still give a rat's patoot?

So the entire worlds population 'evolves' to a shade of gray or 'ecru'; WHO CARES?

Perhaps if that day were already here we'd have FAR LESS problems with all of this angst over race.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:42 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,174,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Who cares? If something like that were to even happen (which is unlikely given that Asians currently comprise about a fourth of the world's population), no one alive today would even be around to witness it. That white person was just projecting their own fears onto you in the form of an exaggerated hypothetical.
Well, obviously some people care or else this thread wouldn't even exist. Look at America. While there are more mixed people, most people don't marry outside their race. Even big proponents of race mixing don't mix. So while some people go on publicly about how they are so in favor of mixing, they don't seem to really believe that or else they'd put their money where their mouth is.

Honestly, I get sick of self righteous leftists that condemn others as being backwards for not believing in race mixing, while they live in predominately White neighborhoods and have monoracial families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies