Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 12:04 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,791,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
My attitude toward women is very positive .... my attitude toward whiners who have no legitimate reason to fuss so much, given all of the REAL ISSUES that should be their true focus, is another matter ... and that isn't just reserved for feminists ... but all of the self anointed repressed, perpetual victims of those evil white man devil creatures.

And I don't really blame the feminists for ruining the world ... as you suggest ... it is the men behind that too .... so we can at least agree on that, now can't we?

Yes indeed ... at the top, we have mostly evil men manipulating the masses with propaganda ... preying upon their fears, prejudices, and selfishness .... they are the ones that created and funded the Feminist movement to begin with .... Ms Magazine and Gloria Steinem has admitted her CIA affiliation so you need not believe me ... you should be able to believe her .....

I'm just trying to get through to you all ... to tell you that you are being lied to and manipulated. You respond with hostility. So be it.

Allow your powerful selves to be manipulated like little girls ... implanted with false beliefs ... convinced to behave against your natural instincts to protect children ... and instead .. look upon children as a disease to be avoided, and killed for convenience.

Oh yeah ... you're in control ... you have the drivers seat.

The truth is ... you're being played and manipulated like a 5 year old chasing an Ice cream Cone
this deserves another look...You are speaking the truth and the people who can't see that are the ones who live their lives following in the ways of this world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 05:18 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Women STILL receive less pay than men for the same work and often have to work harder and be better to get opportunities to advance.
by law, women have an equal opportunity to work, and be promoted, as men. There are no "rules of the game" that are tilted towards men.

if your complaint is with the statistical results women achieve when they work, then it sounds to me like you are not for equal opportunity, you are for equal outcomes.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:45 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but I was born in the 1950's ... and I have seen the dramatic shifts and changes.

You may claim that the comparisons are the same ... such as how the ultra conservative wanted to ban Elvis Presley because his hip gyrations were viewed as morally indignant ... but it ain't gonna wash. No comparison at all to the mosh pits and the satanic devil music and the moral decline we see occurring right now ... like Lady Gaga blood soaked chest. You'd have to be a blind fool not to notice the cult of death .... the skulls ... the blood ... the soul shattering evil of this cultist style death music.

Look around you ... War and Terror .... Terror and War .... death and destruction ... BP and the Gulf of Mexico ... Japan's 6 Nuclear meltdowns ... Afghanistan and Iraq .. and Libya ... next is Pakistan and Syria and Iran

In case you haven't noticed .. the world has gone stark raving insane ... the likes of which we have never seen before in this country.

And what worries the fine ladies here? They're worried about their legal right to kill babies.

Charming.
You’ve made my point. Each generations sees the upcoming generation as evil and lazy. Certainly society has changed but the bases of these attitudes are the same. In the 60’s birth control and free love and divorce were the moral decline. There was also satanic cults, Ozzy Osborne and Charles Manson.

War and Terror, WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Exxon Valdese , three mile island. Every generation believed the world had gone insane.

Yes among other things people are still concerned with their civil and legal rights. This is something we all need to be aware of. Freedom is not free.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Having children and being a family don't necessarily go together.

You have your theories, and I have mine. You think it's the man impregnating women then leaving. I think equally it's a matter of women being told that they don't need a man to raise a child.
Shirley there are women who have decided to have a child/children on their own for whatever reason, lesbian, ticking clock no prospect, or even because they despise men. There are more cases where an unplanned pregnancy occurred and for whatever reason the couple didn’t marry: one night stands, incompatibility, and most often the guy wants no part of having a child. And the latter is why you heard all the fuss about men being stuck with child support for a child they didn’t want and the complaining about women on welfare. If a women believes she doesn’t need a man to raise a child and chooses to get pregnant anyway, she will know she has the finances and support. If a woman finds she is with a unplanned pregnancy and doesn’t believe in abortion (shoots that theory of feminists being pro-abortion and anti-family) she most likely keeps the child in spite of the fact the father doesn’t want to be involved.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Sent from heaven ... I've been waiting for you!

The earth is overpopulated? According to whom? Oh yes .. the same people that fund and champion planned parenthood, feminism, global warming, Obamacare, and eugenics, etc.

The overpopulation claim is propaganda for the depopulation agenda, and their tool box is filled with items for that purpose ... including global warming, abortion, feminism, homosexuality, and anything that reduces birthrates and destroys traditional families.

It's not a conspiracy theory any longer ... the terms that were previously used to disguise this agenda have been terms like "Sustainable Development" ... but now, it's out in the open, with guys like Ted Turner and Bill Gates openly calling for a reduction in population ... according to them, and I quote ... "there are too many people using too much stuff" -Ted Turner. Bill Gates claims that we need to reduce man made CO2 to near zero .... for those who were sleeping through biology class, human beings exhale CO2 ... so in order to reduce man made CO2 to near zero, that would necessitate the reduction of human beings to near zero ... I suppose they purposely target the "near" zero mark, because of course, they exclude themselves from the list of those that need to be reduced.

Like I've said a couple of times previously ... selfishness is self destructive ... and the reason I say this is because that selfishness is being preyed upon to manipulate the masses into promoting their own demise.

The obsolescence of morality will lead directly to events of such horrific immorality, it is beyond the comprehension of those useful idiots who are leading this charge.

Don't believe me ... investigate the founder and poster women for Planned parenthood .... Margaret Sanger. Read her writings and philosophies, and realize this women is revered, particularly amongst the sadists and eugenicists, and racists of the world. The women was one sick puppy .. as are those who revere her.
According to the scientific consensus.
It is not the respiration that is an issue in CO2 concentration, but burning of fossil fuels and power generation. We are seeing overcrowding in cities and schools, unemployment is at an all time high, shortages of clean water, out of control pollution, increased consumption, we are running out of landfills, high fuel and food prices, deforestation, species extinctions, starvation in some areas. At what point would you be concerned for future generations, when we are stacked on top of one another and have completely exhausted our resources? I believe it is more selfish to deplete recourses and worry about the quantity of human population than to maintain current recourses and guarantee a better quality life for future generations.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:10 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You think that there is a natural order. And why wouldn't you? Men have benefited from the so-called natural order for millenia. The thing is, I haven't abandoned my "fundamental nature and instincts" at all. I've embraced them. Why would you think my fundamental nature would be to marry and have children? My fundamental nature is to challenge myself, to learn, to share ideas, even to argue with people who disagree with me. Because in that argument I have the opportunity to refine my ideas, to grow even more. My fundamental nature was never to have children. And I love children. But it would have been unfair to the world to unleash upon it a pack of brats spoiled and indulged by me.

I don't think there is a natural order. I think that different societies impose different orders, and that the people who benefit from these orders invariably see them as natural. I think that the nobility in aristocratic Europe saw the order which gave them infinite advantages thought that it was perfectly natural, that nature identified and rewarded the finer people. I think that slave-owners throughout world history perceived their ownership of other human beings as a natural order. And I think that men who've benefited for generations from a patriarchal system think that discriminating against women is perfectly rational, perfectly natural. But I suspect that the majority of serfs in aristocratic Europe didn't see anything natural about some people having everything while their families starved. The maids and servants were probably keenly aware of just how fallible their masters were, just how human. The servants could see that their masters weren't superior by nature, but only superior by opportunity. But their masters for the most part couldn't or wouldn't see that. The people on top always try to justify their superior social standing by asserting superiority in other ways. Like slave-owners asserting that slaves were sub-human. The fact is that while we are all individuals, with our own personal strengths and weaknesses, that we've progressed as human beings far enough to shun the idea that characteristics like skin color or gender can define an individual. And that any such characteristic makes us less equal than other human beings.
Brilliant! Hat's off to you!!

Old 05-11-2011, 11:05 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
I remember reading somewhere that blacks were happier and better off as slaves.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:15 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
According to the scientific consensus.
It is not the respiration that is an issue in CO2 concentration, but burning of fossil fuels and power generation.
Well, since we have on record in ice core samples, several instances in the past where atmospheric levels of CO2 were much greater, and temperatures higher than they are today ... all of which occurred long before the discovery of electricity and petroleum use .... I'd say the scientific consensus has a major flaw in it's postulations.

And before someone jumps to the conclusion that this line of discussion is off topic ... please read on ... it is very much on topic, and I will tie it together momentarily.

Quote:
We are seeing overcrowding in cities and schools, unemployment is at an all time high, shortages of clean water, out of control pollution, increased consumption, we are running out of landfills, high fuel and food prices, deforestation, species extinctions, starvation in some areas. At what point would you be concerned for future generations, when we are stacked on top of one another and have completely exhausted our resources?
I'm very concerned now ... though the problem is not too many people ... the problem is too few people possessing and controlling the majority of wealth and resources, along with too few of the rest with enough common sense and intelligence to figure out they are being taken for a ride.

The insatiable greed at the top accounts for the unemployment as corporate industry have moved manufacturing off shore to capitalize on foreign slave labor markets, slitting the throats of the US worker who helped create those corporations.

Schools and infrastructure? There is no problem scrounging up Trillions of Dollars for Banker bailouts and wars ... but tight budgets when it comes to schools and infrastructure.

Overcrowded cities are not a result of too many people either ... just too many people crowded into concentrated areas ... a byproduct of developer/government zoning and maximizing of real estate profits and taxes. (more greed)

Landfills are filling up because of the throw-away system put in place by corporate interests (petroleum) .. once upon a time, everything was packaged in recyclable glass containers ... now it's plastic. Cheap import items that have short life cycles have replaced sturdier products that used to last ... etc., etc.

And high energy costs have forced prices higher across the board ... while the news is filled with headlines Exxon/Mobile record record profits in the first quarter! We're living under a financial dictatorship-mafia like system that is putting the squeeze on everyone.

Pollution? Yes, let's talk pollution. The BP disaster in the Gulf created more environmental pollution and damage than all industrial activity combined since the turn of the last century. Carbon emissions claimed to be so disastrous is the constant focus, while 4 Chernobyl full scale meltdowns are ongoing in Japan has disappeared from he headlines ... and the response? The EPA (another scientific consensus no doubt) has increased the safe levels of environmental radiation as much as a 1000 times over previously declared safe levels in place prior to the disaster in Japan. Must be a NEW discovery that radiation isn't so bad after all.

Like everything else which has become "consensus" truth ... Feminism is based on false arguments and an hidden agenda that has nothing whatsoever to do with the best interests of women. It's one spoke in a larger wheel of creating division within the society so they we all argue with one another rather than take a stand against the criminal activity that is looting our economy ... off shoring our jobs ... creating massive debt ... and justifying endless war. These issues are called "wedge issues" abortion, gay rights, feminism, affirmative action, illegal immigration, Social Security, ObamaCare ... to divert the collective attention away from the most immediate matters that we should be concentrating on .... ask yourself ... what does any of these things matter if the economy continues to fail ... job losses continue to increase .. and real estate continues to fall? As an example, Health Care Insurance is a red herring to those without a job, and losing their homes to foreclosure .... the first step in good health is a roof over your head and food on the table, for crying out loud !!! THINK !!!! We have 40 Million people on Food Stamps right now ... three wars ... and three new ones in the que ... and nobody seems to notice that they are on a speeding train, headed toward a cliff, while they are complaining that the dinning car is too crowded. There is an old saying that is quite appropriate ... focusing on all of these wedge issues is like rearranging the deck chairs of the Titanic. Folks ... you won't need an abortion, or right to marry ... or health care if you are dead. And when you are jobless and homeless. you are 2/3 of the way there.

Feminism, and it's inextricable ties to Planned Parenthood and Abortion is part of the diversion, but also a key component of the desensitization process of the devaluation of human life ... fitting nicely with the overt media championing of "Torture" .... torture is good because that's how we got Osama Bin Laden !! By the same token ... War is good .... we are spreading democracy and saving the peoples of the world and freeing them from the rule of brutal dictators! The reality is, we put most of those dictators in power to begin with ... and we have freed NO ONE ... we've destroyed the infrastructures of Afghanistan and Iraq ... and are proceeding to do the same thing now in Libya. The drooling masses haven't a clue what is really going on ... and believe whatever fable is presented them on the evening news.

These are not isolated and unrelated events ... these things are directly related to one another .... from the acceptance of torture as a legitimate act ... to invading other countries and killing civilians by the ten's of thousands ... to the flushing of human life down the toilet as if were feces rather than fetuses, to the tune of 1.5 Million babies a year. This leads to the very conclusion that you have claimed here yourself ... there are just too many people ... the unstated solution to such a situation is obviously the elimination of those masses polluting and spoiling the environment. That is what you are advocating ... population reduction. And who decides who is worthy of being allowed to continue living? You? Or would it best be decided by Government? Should we have a lottery, or just ask for 4 Billion volunteers?

No ... the better idea I think is to convince the sheep to eliminate themselves .... we can use vaccine programs to spread disease and compromise immune systems ... we can treat the water and the food to reduce fertility ... we can have wars ... we can encourage abortions ... we can limit access to energy under the guise of global warming ... we can destroy entire regions with exploding oil platforms and nuclear power stations, as the radiation exposure is a slow kill method resulting in cancers and birth defects years down the road after everyone has forgotten .... and we can convince the masses that everything is just fine ... no problem ... just a few minor bumps in the road ... all is well.

Quote:
I believe it is more selfish to deplete recourses and worry about the quantity of human population than to maintain current recourses and guarantee a better quality life for future generations.
If you feel so strongly about it ... I'm assuming you won't mind volunteering to be part of the group that is reduced ... all for a good cause ... saving the planet for future generations .... the offspring of the elitists, and those they select as worthy and capable of providing the labor and the production for their comfort and enjoyment.

Congratulations .... here's your ice cream cone!

Old 05-11-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Well, since we have on record in ice core samples, several instances in the past where atmospheric levels of CO2 were much greater, and temperatures higher than they are today ... all of which occurred long before the discovery of electricity and petroleum use .... I'd say the scientific consensus has a major flaw in it's postulations.

Yes it the natural climatic rhythm that has been documented over the last 800,000 years. The earth has always been in a state of change. Within the past 150-200 yrs. (since the usage of fossil fuels) the rate of CO2 levels has risen at an exponential rate. So it is not as simple as you imply. The fact that CO2 levels have fluctuated in the past due to increased temperatures does not negate the current scientific consensus.

Quote:
I'm very concerned now ... though the problem is not too many people ... the problem is too few people possessing and controlling the majority of wealth and resources, along with too few of the rest with enough common sense and intelligence to figure out they are being taken for a ride.

The insatiable greed at the top accounts for the unemployment as corporate industry have moved manufacturing off shore to capitalize on foreign slave labor markets, slitting the throats of the US worker who helped create those corporations.

Schools and infrastructure? There is no problem scrounging up Trillions of Dollars for Banker bailouts and wars ... but tight budgets when it comes to schools and infrastructure.

Overcrowded cities are not a result of too many people either ... just too many people crowded into concentrated areas ...
Landfills are filling up because of the throw-away system put in place by corporate interests (petroleum) ..
And high energy costs have forced prices higher across the board ...
We're living under a financial dictatorship-mafia like system that is putting the squeeze on everyone.
And this would not be occurring if not for the population explosion.

Quote:
Pollution? Yes, let's talk pollution. The BP disaster in the Gulf created more environmental pollution and damage than all industrial activity combined since the turn of the last century

Ill need a link to support that statement.

Quote:
Carbon emissions claimed to be so disastrous is the constant focus, while 4 Chernobyl full scale meltdowns are ongoing in Japan has disappeared from he headlines ... and the response? The EPA (another scientific consensus no doubt) has increased the safe levels of environmental radiation as much as a 1000 times over previously declared safe levels in place prior to the disaster in Japan. Must be a NEW discovery that radiation isn't so bad after all.
Your point?

Quote:
Like everything else which has become "consensus" truth ... Feminism is based on false arguments and an hidden agenda that has nothing whatsoever to do with the best interests of women.

It's one spoke in a larger wheel of creating division within the society so they we all argue with one another rather than take a stand against the criminal activity that is looting our economy ... off shoring our jobs ... creating massive debt ... and justifying endless war. These issues are called "wedge issues" abortion, gay rights, feminism, affirmative action, illegal immigration, Social Security, ObamaCare ... to divert the collective attention away from the most immediate matters that we should be concentrating on .... .......
Feminism, and it's inextricable ties to Planned Parenthood and Abortion is part of the diversion, but also a key component of the desensitization process of the devaluation of human life ... fitting nicely with the overt media championing of "Torture" .... torture is good because that's how we got Osama Bin Laden !! By the same token ... War is good .... we are spreading democracy and saving the peoples of the world and freeing them from the rule of brutal dictators! The reality is, we put most of those dictators in power to begin with ... and we have freed NO ONE ... we've destroyed the infrastructures of Afghanistan and Iraq ... and are proceeding to do the same thing now in Libya. The drooling masses haven't a clue what is really going on ... and believe whatever fable is presented them on the evening news.

These are not isolated and unrelated events ... these things are directly related to one another ....

Spoken like a true conspiracy theorist. Feminism has no hidden agenda and weather you choose to believe it or not is exactly about women’s rights and interests.

Quote:
If you feel so strongly about it ... I'm assuming you won't mind volunteering to be part of the group that is reduced ... all for a good cause ... saving the planet for future generations .... the offspring of the elitists, and those they select as worthy and capable of providing the labor and the production for their comfort and enjoyment.
The group that will be reduced is those that will never be due to choices not to bring multitudes of children that are not wanted and that cant be supported into this world. I have already made my small contribution by limiting my reproduction to 2 individuals. The other contributing half has already been replaced.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:52 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:

Yes it the natural climatic rhythm that has been documented over the last 800,000 years. The earth has always been in a state of change. Within the past 150-200 yrs. (since the usage of fossil fuels) the rate of CO2 levels has risen at an exponential rate. So it is not as simple as you imply. The fact that CO2 levels have fluctuated in the past due to increased temperatures does not negate the current scientific consensus.
Absolutely false ... you couldn't be more wrong if you claimed the moon is made of cream cheese.

Quote:

And this would not be occurring if not for the population explosion.
Wrong again ... the amount of CO2 created by human activity comprises less than 1/2 of 1 % of the total CO2 in the atmosphere. Consequently, if human beings disappeared tomorrow, 99.5% of the CO2 would still be there.

Your claim is akin to claiming that taking a leak in the ocean will cause a rise in sea levels

Quote:

Ill need a link to support that statement.

Your point?

Sorry ... I don't have time to do your research for you. Besides, it will do you good.

My point? It's painfully obvious what the point is. The mass hysteria of CO2 (a life giving gass, and not a poison or pollutant) is a total fraud ... while dangerous radiation Japan is ignored.

Quote:

Spoken like a true conspiracy theorist. Feminism has no hidden agenda and weather you choose to believe it or not is exactly about women’s rights and interests.
No .. spoken like someone who has done the research and understands what is actually happening in the world around him. You should listen more, and scoff less. You might actually learn something.

Quote:

The group that will be reduced is those that will never be due to choices not to bring multitudes of children that are not wanted and that cant be supported into this world. I have already made my small contribution by limiting my reproduction to 2 individuals. The other contributing half has already been replaced.
In China ... with their one child policy .. you'd have to make a difficult choice. Kill the youngest one ... you're probably less attached to that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies