Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 02:02 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Absolutely false ... you couldn't be more wrong if you claimed the moon is made of cream cheese.
Oh my my.
http://cdiac.esd.ornl.gov/trends/co2/vostok.html
http://cdiac.esd.ornl.gov/trends/temp/vostok/jouz_tem.html
http://cdiac.esd.ornl.gov/trends/co2/lawdome.html
http://www.cnrs.fr/cw/en/pres/compress/mist030699.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/5314592.stm

Quote:
Wrong again ... the amount of CO2 created by human activity comprises less than 1/2 of 1 % of the total CO2 in the atmosphere. Consequently, if human beings disappeared tomorrow, 99.5% of the CO2 would still be there.

Your claim is akin to claiming that taking a leak in the ocean will cause a rise in sea levels

My claim as stated before is not the amount of CO2 created by human activity. It is the CO2 created by human use of fossil fuels and energy production. Pay attention.

Quote:
Sorry ... I don't have time to do your research for you. Besides, it will do you good

Lazy much. You really shouldn’t try to pass off opinion as fact if you cant back it up.

Quote:
My point? It's painfully obvious what the point is. The mass hysteria of CO2 (a life giving gass, and not a poison or pollutant) is a total fraud ... while dangerous radiation Japan is ignored.

I thought your entire claim was that overpopulation and pollution were an illusion? Anyway there is no mass hysteria of CO2 levels. This is something you brought into the conversation with this: “Bill Gates claims that we need to reduce man made CO2 to near zero .... for those who were sleeping through biology class, human beings exhale CO2 ... so in order to reduce man made CO2 to near zero, that would necessitate the reduction of human beings to near zero ...”

Quote:
No .. spoken like someone who has done the research and understands what is actually happening in the world around him. You should listen more, and scoff less. You might actually learn something.
If you have done research why cant you provide a source for your claims?

Quote:
In China ... with their one child policy .. you'd have to make a difficult choice. Kill the youngest one ... you're probably less attached to that one.

Im not in China.
If you choose not to reproduce or carry a pregnancy to term there will be no such predicament (the choice in China has been overwhelming to kill the child if it is female). Perhaps China should step up their feminist movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 04:18 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Feminism is also happening in the Amish community...
What are typical Amish businesses?
Women are valued properly, their gifts to the community are honored and respected, and men beholden to humility don't allow abusive behavior of it's membership. The exceptions where abuses occurred corrupted the true principles of the community and elders were obliged to shun them. When they fail to shun, or fail to recognize accountability themselves as men, the gracious meaning of the community implodes.

http://amishamerica.com/do-amish-women-have-rights/

Old 05-11-2011, 04:35 PM

If Joan Jett were born in Amish community, I'm certain she'd feel compelled to leave at some point. She belongs doing what her maker gifted her to do. My femininity is not on the line just because she's gay. Forcing her into the role of motherhood is only going to ruin a perfectly good hetero guy and if she's not mommy material, make her children miserable.
Joan Jett - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I salute her for a soul filled productive life, and her commitment to nabbing Mia Zapata's murderer using her celebrity. She also dedicates considerable efforts to support the USO. Thank you, thank you, thank you. She serves America with all she's got, and that's plenty. Hat's off!

Old 05-11-2011, 04:46 PM

And may this dear to my heart soul rest in peace...
Coretta Scott King - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
On April 1, 1998 at the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago, Scott King called on the civil rights community to join in the struggle against homophobia and anti-gay bias. "Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity, their dignity and personhood", she stated. "This sets the stage for further repression and violence that spread all too easily to victimize the next minority group."
How very wise you are, Ma'am, and a debt of gratitude to you upholding liberty despite all who would spit upon you in ignorance. Much love to you. Your dignity shines eternally.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:05 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
hah, I can see how living in an androgynous place like New York City, that it is difficult to grasp that men and women are different. I was thinking the other day that Anthony Bourdain looks and acts like Rachel Maddow in a grey wig.
Yeah, until I pointed out the fallacy of your analogy in that thread.
Which you have not posted in after I corrected your analogy.
OMG, you got bested by -gasp- a woman, aint you ashamed of yourself?

Old 05-11-2011, 05:20 PM

One of my favorite actresses beautiful from the inside out... Holly Hunter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
In January 2006, Hunter's publicist announced that Hunter had given birth to the couple's twins at the age of 47;[3] Entertainment Weekly later reported that the twins were boys. In a 2009 interview, Hunter stated to TV Guide that she does not discuss her children with the media.
What a fine Mamma she IS, and I think it's safe to say if her house were on fire she'll treasure those boys far more than any of the awards credited to her name. No material token or trinket even comes close to the love a mother has for her children and nothing can ever erase the grace and depth she's brought to her craft.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:05 PM

YouTube - 2010 Women's Bean Project THANK YOU
Thank YOU bean project for letting women know they don't have to be forced into prostitution, legalized or literal, to provide for their children.

Another feminist is a friend of mine married with children in Georgia. She has a booming chiropractic practice and managed to turn lemons into lemonade. Tragedy struck the family when her husband who worked in construction had a horrible accident that rendered him unemployable in the high speed competitive world. All his skills were tossed in the crapper at the unemployment office. His other undeveloped skills were managerial in nature. His wife hired him to run the business end of the stick which freed her up to concentrate on her patients. Since that time her practice has thrived and expanded to 3 locations. Her husband got his confidence back enough to fully engage life again, including his musical hobbies he had been putting aside for years. It's now the family business. Happily married for 28yrs, and many more to them.

And whether no not anyone out there cares to believe it every woman married to a US service member is also a feminist. She'll keep the home fires burning, mind the kids, and frequently has a career of her own. When the menfolk go off to war, guess who's chopping wood and plowing the fields? Modern times the nature of that career chosen must be portable if it is to remain compatible with his career. Military wives are good at coordinating daycare services amongst themselves through ombudsman offices.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:54 PM

Muslim feminist who put her life on the line for democracy:
Benazir Bhutto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
From 1969 to 1973 she attended Radcliffe College at Harvard University, where she obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree with *** laude honors in comparative government.[13] She was also elected to Phi Beta Kappa.[12] Bhutto would later call her time at Harvard "four of the happiest years of my life" and said it formed "the very basis of her belief in democracy".
Quote:
"The summer heat turned my cell into an oven. My skin split and peeled, coming off my hands in sheets. Boils erupted on my face. My hair, which had always been thick, began to come out by the handful. Insects crept into the cell like invading armies. Grasshoppers, mosquitoes, stinging flies, bees and bugs came up through the cracks in the floor and through the open bars from the courtyard. Big black ants, cockroaches, seething clumps of little red ants and spiders. I tried pulling the sheet over my head at night to hide from their bites, pushing it back when it got too hot to breathe."
Someday Pakistan will know full well the patriot you truly were. Given the choice to die at the hands of a tyrant willingly or die at the hands of an assassin, you chose what any freedom loving patriot would. Death before dishonor, freedom isn't free. You are NOT forgotten.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:02 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,974,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
And I don't really blame the feminists for ruining the world ... as you suggest ... it is the men behind that too ....
This is where the truth begins and ends, and thusly lies. Realistically, men only have themselves to blame for feminism. Men should be the true target of your ire. Without men to protect order and enforce law, the feminist is nothing more than a toothless tigress airing her grievances. It is men who created feminists and men who allow feminists to continue to exist. This is of course said with the understanding that some "men" are feminists, and are therefore more enamored with competing with women in the name of "equality" than counterbalancing them. In places where men truly dont want feminists, those feminists simply dont have any power. It is the men of the armed forces who protect our shores from men other cultures that may disallow egalitarianism. Those men are what enables feminism to even exist.

Virtually every matriarchal society whereby women are looked to for protection and enforcement of matriarchal law, is overtaken swiftly by patriarchal invaders.

To the topic, I do believe feminism has harmed the U.S. in particular. We can bandy all the hyperbole we want about women being raped and subjugated. But prior to the women's movement, America was generally ascendant in the global race; that included women. The feminist movement was only possible precisely BECAUSE men had dominated both work and war in tandem, and had set the stage for such a widely successful society that could afford to spread its wealth in the name of equality.

Since the pervasive role reversals began occurring, the country has been losing ground in nearly every metric of developed countries. Today, women are excelling while men are lagging. This is temporarily great for the individual woman, and horrible for the individual man. However as our country continues weakening our national defense through gender norming, and loses ground in fields of engineering and production in favor of service jobs and automated/push button positions to stuff the equal opportunity stat sheets; combined with our low birthrate, both men and women in America will come to rue the day that men and women strove to become one in the same.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I had read the story in your link before, ridiculous, to say the least, isnt it?
That's putting it mildly. If their manhood hinges on the color of their cleats, this country truly is in trouble. Blithering peni worshiping morons.

Am I to imagine that these <alleged> 'men' would cry and curl up in a ball because the taliban called them a girlie man? And to think they spend money on guns when all they needed were retarded name calling nonsense. Truly pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies