Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 09:56 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Yeah, until I pointed out the fallacy of your analogy in that thread.
Which you have not posted in after I corrected your analogy.
I just went back to check; your response was the equivalent of: "Nuh-uh, no he isn't."

I'm sorry my lack of response made you feel any particular way, but the fact is that not all posts are compelling enough for me to reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 10:17 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Um, no.....he's more like the Hunter Thompson of food.
He'd call Rachel a few well deserved names, he doesnt suffer any kind of fool gladly.
Try reading some of his blog, or a book or two of his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Blasphemy!
Quote:
Ever read any of Bourdains writings?
He's exactly what I would term a gonzo food journalist.
Pulls no punches, even with the sacred white elephants of the food world.
I like that.
Quote:
Only his blog.

I think Hunter Thompson was not as self-conscious. He didn't talk about himself so damn much.
Quote:
You do understand that his writings are biographical in nature.....
3rd person doesnt really work with food, unless its fiction.
Quote:
I just went back to check; your response was the equivalent of: "Nuh-uh, no he isn't."

I'm sorry my lack of response made you feel any particular way, but the fact is that not all posts are compelling enough for me to reply.
Um, yeah......right.
None of my responses even came close to what you are claiming they are.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Um, yeah......right.
None of my responses even came close to what you are claiming they are.
I said he talks about himself too much, which is an opinion, not a fact to be disputed. You responded that his writing was biographical, as if that cleared up the issue.

However, I wasn't talking about his writing, so your answer was not addressing my original comment. Furthermore, you took my statement too literally, and out of context. "Talking about himself" was in the context of his self-consciousness, his need to be sophisticated and feel like a big shot by constantly defining "what sort of person he is." He speaks as if he's trying to convince himself of his own greatness. The fact that he writes biographically, and must talk about himself in some sense, does not "make it okay" that he talks about himself in a way that I find embarassing to watch.

But you know, if it is important for your well being to feel like you "won" the argument, then by all means, have that pleasure.

Last edited by le roi; 05-12-2011 at 10:32 AM..

Old 05-12-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
I said he talks about himself too much. You said his writing was biographical. I wasn't talking about his writing, so your answer was meaningless to me.

Why does this matter to you, anyway?
I see you changed your post, you claimed that I left out your last comment, which I didnt, and I see you are completely missing the point of the other thread, as well as this one.
What is my point?
You cant admit you are wrong, thats my point.
Also, you havent even read his books, so who would be so incredibly arrogant as to muster an opinion on something they are ignorant of?
One has to read his writings in order to have an opinion, and that leads me to suspect your opinions on feminism are equally based on ignorance.
Plus, you dont seem to like women calling you out, do you?

Old 05-12-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
What is my point?
You cant admit you are wrong, thats my point.
Say you're right.

What is it to you? You stalking me?

Quote:
Also, you havent even read his books, so who would be so incredibly arrogant as to muster an opinion on something they are ignorant of?
I already said it was the TV show that I watch, and I've read his blog. You're the one trying to move the goalposts by talking about his books.

Quote:
One has to read his writings in order to have an opinion, and that leads me to suspect your opinions on feminism are equally based on ignorance.
Brilliant logic: Because I haven't read anthony bourdains books, therefore I cannot have an opinion on his behavior, which means that I know nothing about feminism.

Quote:
Plus, you dont seem to like women calling you out, do you?
Shoddy reading comprehension, and the strawmen arguments that come from it, is my pet peeve. This goes beyond gender.

Besides, do you see me treating men with "kid gloves" on other threads? Of course not. I'm an equal opportunity jerk to everyone.

And for the record, my least favorite people on city-data tend to be liberal, urban, feminine, feminist males.

Last edited by le roi; 05-12-2011 at 10:47 AM..

Old 05-12-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
I'm an equal opportunity jerk to everyone.
Nice deflective comment, the above quoted is the only true thing you have said.
BTW, you are really stretching and flattering yourself if you believe I am stalking you, I could say the same thing of you.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:49 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times
At the end of the day, or after 32 pages, and after reading the depth of loathing revealed in the offerings of the "feminists" here, could anyone re-read the thread title and have the remotest doubt?

The case could not possibly have been made more clearly.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
At the end of the day, or after 32 pages, and after reading the depth of loathing revealed in the offerings of the "feminists" here, could anyone re-read the thread title and have the remotest doubt?

The case could not possibly have been made more clearly.
-yawn-
Right back atcha.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Nice deflective comment, the above quoted is the only true thing you have said.
BTW, you are really stretching and flattering yourself if you believe I am stalking you, I could say the same thing of you.
Aw, you don't have to be shy. I can see that you were following me from thread to thread. It is ok; you aren't the first to develop an online crush on me.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Aw, you don't have to be shy. I can see that you were following me from thread to thread. It is ok; you aren't the first to develop an online crush on me.
As I said, dont flatter yourself.
I dont bang Neanderthals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies