Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 12:32 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Oh the Democrats spread lies about Bush that fooled the post graduates more so than those with less education?
Yep. That, and the preposterous notion that Obama was all about 'hope and change.' They swallowed that one hook, line, and sinker, as well.

Quote:
If they come down at all it will be because they guy turned out to be such a backstabber on liberal issues that many post-graduates support.
He did, huh? And all those super-smart people didn't see that coming? Gosh...

I remember seeing plenty of warnings that Obama couldn't be trusted in here during the 2008 campaign. And many of those warnings were from Chicagoans and Illinoisans, already familiar with Obama's opportunistic insincerity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 12:34 AM

545 posts, read 400,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post

You fail to take into account the fact that the unfortunate choice for President in 2008 was between two men. I didn't vote for either of them, but most people did and Obama was the better choice. I would vote for someone with little experience over a propped up puppet any day especially if they showed they could unify the country. Unfortunately, we've made a country where the possibility of such a choice is infinitesimal.

You go on to talk about the opinions of CEOs. I don't care one whit about them. I don't kneel down before them so I can feed myself. I would do the opposite of what they suggest because their main interest is themselves and what's good for them is almost certainly not in my best interest. My country is not an economy, my country HAS an economy. And it isn't everything upon which to base all decisions.

Democrats and liberals as well as Republicans and conservatives do things which are head-smackers. If we had 300 different political parties, such disparities might be distributed to their rightful political groups, but we have only two (one, really).
Ok, I have said this a few times before, but I have asked to name one important accomplishment, just one, prior to Obama's elections...I'm am guessing you have the answer since you think Obama was the "better Choice"....

and you also said "unify the country"...what made you believe that?...its been two years, if anything we are more divided....so I ask, what made you believe he could "unify"?...I know if I believed that and he failed miserably at it, I would be surprised at myself...

It's not me whining about "jobs"....its others who feel entitled that they should receive whatever job they want are the ones who should concern themselves with the opinions of CEOs....again, its them who are demanding jobs....you can't dismiss their opinions and wonder where the hell are the jobs..

and I don't care one "whit" about CEOs either, it sure the hell not me or the right whining how much CEOs makes...that's the left...

and I for the most part don't buy into what most of what the govt says, if its promising to give me something, then their "main-interest" is to get elected and not in my "best interest"

and you are right we shouldn't base everything on economic reasons...I also think we shouldn't base everything on governmental bureaucracy.....My country isn't the govt, we have a govt,, our whole founding was based on having a govt limited as much as possible..

Old 07-11-2011, 12:40 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yep. That, and the preposterous notion that Obama was all about 'hope and change.' They swallowed that one hook, line, and sinker, as well.

He did, huh? And all those super-smart people didn't see that coming? Gosh...

I remember seeing plenty of warnings that Obama couldn't be trusted in here during the 2008 campaign. And many of those warnings were from Chicagoans and Illinoisans, already familiar with Obama's opportunistic insincerity.
Including me.....lol I told Dems on this forum long ago in the primaries not to vote for him. And I'm telling them now not to vote for him.

so I really don't care.....lol

Old 07-11-2011, 06:26 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
I just have one question for liberals. If you are all so smart who is that big Democrat voter bloc on long-time welfare, food stamps, housing subsidies and other handouts that you keep courting at election time? Are they your best and your brightest?

Old 07-11-2011, 06:33 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
I know quit a few smart folks that put sheit on their shoes and shinola on the wheat field......

Old 07-11-2011, 11:57 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I just have one question for liberals. If you are all so smart who is that big Democrat voter bloc on long-time welfare, food stamps, housing subsidies and other handouts that you keep courting at election time? Are they your best and your brightest?
Uh oh, I think you've upset shifty in order to take the #1 spot for most intelligent and accurate comment in this thread!

Old 07-11-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I would vote for someone with little experience over a propped up puppet any day especially if they showed they could unify the country.
Obama has done nothing toward the goal of unifying this country. If anything, his extreme lack of wisdom and racial pandering has caused even more division. Remember when he made a blatently idiotic assertion that "the police acted stupidly" in the case of the black professor and the police officer? Obama knew nothing about the case and had no business making such a statement. That's only one example.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I think this has been hinted at with the Myers Briggs tests. In that work, the people who prefer to gather their info. via "sensing" often score lower on intelligence tests than "intuitives," who look at facts and try to infer meaning. Sensing folks tend to explain reality based on their past experiences. Intuitive folks tend to try to read trajectories from facts, and to look to the future. There are far more sensing types in any population, but far more intuitives in academia. I think the conservative vs. liberal divide parallels the sensing vs. intuitive divide.

Sensing types, who specialize in facts and practical details make great mechanics, accountants, lawyers, pilots, athletes, bankers, policemen, managers, and just about all jobs that require a detail orientation and a nonwandering mind. They run the world.

Intuitive types, whose strengths are the abilities to infer larger patterns from details and the ability to develop abstract thoughts, make good scholars, scientists, artists, CEOs, entrepreneurs, and inventors. They conceive how the world could be better, often seeing things others have never done before, a la Einstein, Steve Jobs,etc.

We need both, as their skills and perspectives are complementary. That said, the intuitives/liberals tend to dominate in the more intellectually demanding fields. That is not to say that sensing people cannot be very smart, and have a tremendous grasp of well organized facts. Their weakness is not to question their experience or perspective. Introspection is not a sensing specialty. Think about W,"the decider," as an example. He did not do nuance.

Compare that with Obama, is able to weave almost every specific event for which he writes a speech into a larger historical narrative, often brilliantly.
Do you hear yourself? This is laughable. In the case of Obama, I think it's pretty clear that the "intuitives" don't always question THEIR experience or perspective. If he had, he'd have realized he had no business running for the office of POTUS. Instead, what he had working for him was a healthy dose of opportunism blended with abundant narcissism. Furthermore, does Obama really write his own speeches? In any event, the dubious talents of nuancing and skilled weaving does not contribute in any meaningful way to the health and wellbeing of our nation's citizens.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:21 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
More circumstantial evidence.

Ashkenazi Jews IQ 113 voted Democrat 79% in last Presidential election.

Asians...IQ 106 voted Democrat 62 % in last Presidential election.

Both of these groups have higher IQ's than your average white, non-hispanic. IQ 103 who voted Democrat 43% in last Presidential election.

College graduates vote slightly in favor of Dems.....non college graduates in favor of the GOP ( despite this subset being heavily black/hispanic and poor )

Exit Polls - Election Results 2008 - The New York Times

Just saying.
All of these are within 1 SD of "average," none of these are statistically significant examples of intelligence as it relates to voting, in fact, you could almost say that "normally intelligent" people vote Democrat based on the information you've presented.

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/IQBasics.aspx

Quote:
As a rule of thumb, about 2/3 of a sample is within 1 standard deviation from the mean.
Just sayin'.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:37 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
All of these are within 1 SD of "average," none of these are statistically significant examples of intelligence as it relates to voting, in fact, you could almost say that "normally intelligent" people vote Democrat based on the information you've presented.

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/IQBasics.aspx

Just sayin'.
You can attempt to minimize the difference all you want. Asians in the USA make on average 20% than their white counterparts and Ashkenazi jews even more. A business model or system in the real World that is a mere 1% or 2% more effective than it's competitor over time will wipe the floor with them..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies