Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2011, 12:07 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
ROFLMAO...I'm going to have to call B.S. on this...UNLESS...UNLESS you are so far-right that the only news you follow is the extreme right-wing conspiracy stuff on youtube, white supremacist news, or you are a member of that Westboro church in Kansas.

Like the birthers, and extreme religious nuts, think Faux News is too left. Are you a birther?
WTF are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 12:08 PM

587 posts, read 1,466,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Crystal, judging from your posts, I am quite sure you don't understand any such thing.

Cheers!
Oh yes I do. Over the course of 18 years I lived in 3 different US states and several towns and cities. I still own a home in California.

How long have you spent in the UK or any other country?

Old 07-17-2011, 12:08 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Rupert looks like death warmed over!

Very much a symbol of the Faux News/talk-radio right...Rupert, Rushbo, Coulter, O'Reilly, Boortz, Cheney, Bachmann, Dumsfeld, Cantor, Trump...Am I seeing a theme here? To be a successful right-wing idol you have to be very creepy looking?
Kind of a special blend of serial killer/cult leader/CEO look to them...????
Quote:
I'm not a 'lib' in any way whatsoever. And I totally agree, by and large, the Fox News crowd are pretty much just ignorant sheeple!
Anybody who submits a post like the first one above has no business calling anyone else sheeple.

To base ones political opinion on looks has no credibility.

Do you think Pelosi, Reid, Shela Jackson, Rosa Delauro, Shumer, Hillary etc. are part of the beautiful people?

Old 07-17-2011, 12:09 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal is a mess View Post
Oh yes I do. Over the course of 18 years I lived in 3 different US states and several towns and cities. I still own a home in California.

Quite a bit, thanks for asking!

Cheers!

Old 07-17-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Not really. Fans of some of the shows are like that, anything that is us vs. them, poo poo on the Republicans is all they care about and want to hear.

But for the most part, MSNBC isn't across the board with a party agenda like Faux News, and they don't try in vain to portray themselves as 'Fair and Balanced'. Someone who watches MSNBC is far more likely to look at other news sources, form their own opinions, be more interested in figuring out what is the best solution for whatever issue. The typical Faux News viewer isn't interested in that, which explains why they get such high ratings even though the vast majority of the country thinks they are full of crap.

The 'us vs. them', devisive, hate filled propaganda they spew 24x7 attracts a hardcore following, and attracts people who are generally unstable and upset about their lives to begin with. It's a 'release', an 'outlet' for their anger...Every problem in the world, and thus their life, is because of some 'lib', if it wasn't for those damn 'libs' everything would be better!
Can you prove anything you've just posted or is this all unfounded opinion like I suspect? See, I feel exactly the same way you to but about all media, not just the ones that you nitpick to attack. You simply use bigotry against people who happen to believe differently from yourself and you do it by attacking Fox News.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:

Wow, 3 whole US states? That's amazing.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:19 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
With News Corp being the parent corporation of Fox news how badly would Fox news be damaged if it is proven News Corp phone hacked the families of 9/11 victims families ?

With both sides of the political debate putting the boot into News Corp in the UK over hacking, would the same happen in the USA or are conservatives in the US forgiving about that type of behavior by News Corp ?

FOX is basically an extension of the Republican Party, any investigation in their despicable practices in the U.S. will likely be intentionally delayed or blocked by Republicans.

Thats the danger of having a political party align itself with a massive propaganda outlet, they lose their objectivity.

It's like asking corrupt police officers to investigate their department

Old 07-17-2011, 12:27 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Wouldn't break my heart if FOX News bit the dust, and sucked MSNBC down the drain with it. I am tired of turning on the news and seeing some smirking smart azz (Hannity or Maddow) talking at me.
Thats funny, because Rachel Maddow does not fit that mold at all. Without pretense this woman takes a stab at genuine journalism, just because the right is a target rich environment for exposure does not mean she won't have Republicans on her show, if they have the guts to appear on it. She treats them with fairness and respect when they do appear (I've seen Pawlenty on her show).

Old 07-17-2011, 12:28 PM

587 posts, read 1,466,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Quite a bit, thanks for asking!

Cheers!
Of course you have.... you do realise that doesn't include sitting on a beach in Aruba for 7 days.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:34 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Quote:
What Fox News go down? Imagine all the suicides by it's narrow minded bigot supporters.
Chrystal is a mess..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies