Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where does this board lean politically
I lean more to the left and feel this board leans more to the left 9 3.98%
I lean more to the left and feel this board leans more to the right 112 49.56%
I lean more to the right and feel this board leans more to the right 25 11.06%
I lean more to the right and feel this board leans more to the left 80 35.40%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 01:16 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,568,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
2 problems with your assumptions. 1) You're assuming that an equal number of posters from each side have participated. I see more regular liberals voting in this poll, whereas I see several vocal conservatives who have not. 2) A forum can have more members of one side, but still be fundamentally leaning to the opposite side. Conservatives are far more vocal on this board, which is why most threads end up being Obama/Liberal bash fests, even if there are more total liberals. As long as your side continues to be the more immature, vocally obnoxious side of the forum, it will lean to the right. 3) The fact that 21 right wingers voted that this board leans right is telling.
Perhaps they are embarrassed to be called "Conservatives? If you look at all threads created here it's all about religion, guns, gays, and abortions started usually by a Conservative but they won't admit to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 01:24 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,169,562 times
There are people like myself who don't fall into any of the posted categories, such as an independent who leans in both directions, and feels any person rabidly on either edge requires shots, a tin foil hat, Kool Aid, or on some cases a combination of the 3.

Last edited by Darkatt; 08-18-2011 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: Added Kool Aid

Old 08-18-2011, 01:25 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Bingo!!!

Now you are seeing how drawing any major conclusions on this polling is pointless. Especially when we apply your assumptions in the manner you were.

It is not anonymous. You can look up the posters, one of them I notice right off in the "I am right--->board leans right" is a major leftists. Haven't checked if the same is in the others, but I don't need to in order to prove my point that this poll is worthless and counter to what you were attempting to suggest.
I agree that this poll is pointless for various reasons, no line of argumentation presented so far is beyond any doubt.

Where can I see the results by posters?

Old 08-18-2011, 01:27 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,208,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Yeah, not to mention all those right posters answering they are leftist
The poll should not have been done anonymously...
So when the poll doesn't show what you want it to do it is a conspiracy?

get out the tinfoil hats....

Old 08-18-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
So when the poll doesn't show what you want it to do it is a conspiracy?

get out the tinfoil hats....
Why? It shows whatever one wants to see, obviously

Old 08-18-2011, 01:31 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,208,847 times
Quote:
Why? It shows whatever one wants to see, obviously
You have definitely proven that. Facts be damned...

Old 08-18-2011, 02:30 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
I agree that this poll is pointless for various reasons, no line of argumentation presented so far is beyond any doubt.

Where can I see the results by posters?
Clink on the actual numbers, they are links that then list who falls under each category.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:09 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
Quote:
2 problems with your assumptions. 1) You're assuming that an equal number of posters from each side have participated. I see more regular liberals voting in this poll, whereas I see several vocal conservatives who have not. 2) A forum can have more members of one side, but still be fundamentally leaning to the opposite side. Conservatives are far more vocal on this board, which is why most threads end up being Obama/Liberal bash fests, even if there are more total liberals. As long as your side continues to be the more immature, vocally obnoxious side of the forum, it will lean to the right. 3) The fact that 21 right wingers voted that this board leans right is telling.
1)No, I'm not assuming anything. It's an open poll, it does not need to be 'balanced' with equal numbers of respondents from both political ideologies. It just needs to open to everyone who wants to participate.

2)100% opinion (and BS at that).

3)Telling of what? There are overall FAR more liberals on this board as evidenced by this poll. Let's look at all the 95% of the liberals (92/97) that incorrectly think this forum leans right when they are clearly in the majority. Delusional.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Clink on the actual numbers, they are links that then list who falls under each category.
Ah, those are links Thanks.

Many of the most present (to put it mildly) conservative posters are missing...

Last edited by Neuling; 08-18-2011 at 03:22 PM..

Old 08-18-2011, 04:59 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
Quote:
Ah, those are links Thanks.

Many of the most present (to put it mildly) conservative posters are missing...
There are many vociferous lefties that didn't participate in the poll either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies