Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 09:15 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
HUNGER AT HOME: 1 in 4 American Children are Malnourished - ABC News

As many as 17 million children nationwide are struggling with what is known as food insecurity. To put it another way, one in four children in the country is living without consistent access to enough nutritious food to live a healthy life, according to the study, "Map the Meal Child Food Insecurity 2011."

Those hungry children are everywhere, and with the uncertain economy, the numbers are only growing, experts say.
The TEA party is about fiscal responsibility, its not a freaking political party. Just like the environmental movement, or animal rights movement, are very focused movements.

Any of these groups of people can support candidates, it does not mean they are a full blown political party, with a national platform covering everything from soup to nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 09:16 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Funny how the Progressive supporters are asking about what to do about hunger. Why don't you ask the Progressives, it's their policies that cause hunger the world over. Every Communist nation went through their share of a large percentage of their people starving and still do.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:17 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I wish you were my parent. My elderly mother is utterly against feeding me untll she dies. She is also against my still being in college (it is my 34th year), which expense she finds ruinous. It is a constant battle, but I do believe it is her responsibility to feed me until she dies, as well as to shelter me, etc. She keeps saying "Once you hit 60, you're out!"
Kill her off and collect on the estate, yeah, that'll show her
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Good deal!!!

My girl is adopted too.
I'm adopted, my sister is adopted, my brother is adopted, I have about a dozen cousins adopted. Half our family tree is adopted because my family believes greatly in helping those who are innocent victims because their parents are incompetent.

Still waiting for the OP and the other posters to announce what they have done to help others recover from the destructive Democratic policies in existance today..

Old 08-24-2011, 09:17 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,902 times
Why does the Tea Party need to do anything about child hunger? The question should be "what are the parents of those children going to do about it?"

Old 08-24-2011, 09:19 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Shall we share stories on what WE have done to help the poor? I adopted 2 of them, agreed to not only feed them until I die, but also provide for them, give them shelter, college education..

What have YOU done?
I am a legal Guardian for a Chronic Paranoid Schizophrenic. Got him good mental help. Now he doesn't want to carry big knives anymore and he doesn't have gargoyles chasing him anymore. Never had any kids. Does what you have done make you better than me? The tone you posted with leads me to that wonder.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:21 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Shall we share stories on what WE have done to help the poor? I adopted 2 of them, agreed to not only feed them until I die, but also provide for them, give them shelter, college education..

What have YOU done?

I saw this...

Tea Partiers Mock And Scorn Apparent Parkinson's Victim - YouTube

Old 08-24-2011, 09:21 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,836,946 times
Default The Tea "Party" is not a political party at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The TEA party is about fiscal responsibility, its not a freaking political party. Just like the environmental movement, or animal rights movement, are very focused movements.
I agree! -- It seems like many folks want to bash the 'Tea Party' as though the U.S. suddenly became a 3-party system. These are simply organized people who are sick to death of politicians who offer little more than rhetoric and political slogans .... at a time when we need actual statesmen and leaders!

Old 08-24-2011, 09:23 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
I agree! -- It seems like many folks want to bash the 'Tea Party' as though the U.S. suddenly became a 3-party system. These are simply organized people who are sick to death of politicians who offer little more than rhetoric and political slogans .... at a time when we need actual statesmen and leaders!
The Tea Party uses fear and intimidation to achieve political goals. Some members of the Tea Party have threatened government officials and members of the media. The Tea Party is more like a terrorist group.

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,203 times
Quote:
HUNGER AT HOME: 1 in 4 American Children are Malnourished - ABC News

As many as 17 million children nationwide are struggling with what is known as food insecurity. To put it another way, one in four children in the country is living without consistent access to enough nutritious food to live a healthy life, according to the study, "Map the Meal Child Food Insecurity 2011."

Those hungry children are everywhere, and with the uncertain economy, the numbers are only growing, experts say.
How about get responsible about our debt so the economy is strengthened and opportunities become available for those responsible for these at risk children have the economic viability to provide for them.

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
I am a legal Guardian for a Chronic Paranoid Schizophrenic. Got him good mental help. Now he doesn't want to carry big knives anymore and he doesn't have gargoyles chasing him anymore. Never had any kids. Does what you have done make you better than me? The tone you posted with leads me to that wonder.
The tone I posted? You are the one starting this ridiculous thread To further reply, you DID ASK what we were doing about child hunger, didnt you? Whats the matter, you didnt expect real life responses and only wanted a thread full of babbling hate against the tea party?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
I saw this...
I saw you deflecting from the question
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies