Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 10:15 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Still waiting.....what's the Democrat plan for the hungry? I don't recall hearing about one? Surely there must be one if the question at hand is "What are the Tea Party plans about child hunger?" I mean, isn't this really about one-upmanship......how Democrats are superior?

So show me the plan.
I was just asking a question. Take it wherever you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 10:18 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I have two adopted grandchildren. My son (who is a conservative) legally adopted the two children his wife came with. Their biological father was only too happy to sign the papers so he wouldn't have to be legally liable for child support. No, I won't go so far as to say he was a liberal as I don't know.

To answer the OP's question......the Tea Party is not a political party with a platform. It is a loose confederation of people who want Washington to clean up its fiscal house and get the country back on a sound fiscal footing again......nothing more, nothing less. I know it's hard to liberals to understand that but, really, that's what it's all about.
Thank you! I actually got a straight answer to my question.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:18 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If they are choosing between child hunger, and a computer, then yes, thats the choice. Try to follow along with the thread

I dont give a rats patute if it was $1.00 If you "really" wanted to help "the poor", you would have given that computer to someone poor.. Not some place that required people to take food off their table in order to BUY it.

Keep spinning away your "help" which doesnt help at all.. I find this humorous
So after that family just bought food for the week... What to do with the rest of that money?... Uh... I don't know... invest in a family computer?... Nah... that would just be silly... Just keep coming back for more handouts...

Old 08-24-2011, 10:30 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
HUNGER AT HOME: 1 in 4 American Children are Malnourished - ABC News

As many as 17 million children nationwide are struggling with what is known as food insecurity. To put it another way, one in four children in the country is living without consistent access to enough nutritious food to live a healthy life, according to the study, "Map the Meal Child Food Insecurity 2011."

Those hungry children are everywhere, and with the uncertain economy, the numbers are only growing, experts say.
Charities and the like, which if you haven't noticed do a heck of a lot for various causes not only in the US, but all over the world.

It is not the responsibility of the government to take care of people. This is not their authority or purpose. The people are free and responsible for such if they choose, which as I said, many take on that responsibility themselves and volunteer their time, money, and skills to help such causes.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:33 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
So after that family just bought food for the week... What to do with the rest of that money?... Uh... I don't know... invest in a family computer?... Nah... that would just be silly... Just keep coming back for more handouts...
So now its your contention that they didnt need the food because they had enough? Then you are saying this thread is wrong because according to the thread, they needed the food. Is arere you not following along?

Old 08-24-2011, 10:36 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Invest in savings so they help to insure they have enough money for next month? You wonder why people have so many problems these days and you suggest they liquidate their money each month to buy stuff rather than planning for next month? /sigh

Old 08-24-2011, 10:39 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So now its your contention that they didnt need the food because they had enough? Then you are saying this thread is wrong because according to the thread, they needed the food. Is arere you not following along?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Invest in savings so they help to insure they have enough money for next month? You wonder why people have so many problems these days and you suggest they liquidate their money each month to buy stuff rather than planning for next month? /sigh
What about the month after that?... Still no computer... Spend the rest of thier lives in serfdom I guess...

Old 08-24-2011, 10:40 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,092,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
The Tea Party uses fear and intimidation to achieve political goals. Some members of the Tea Party have threatened government officials and members of the media. The Tea Party is more like a terrorist group.
That is just not true. I am an Independent conservative. I view the Tea party as fiscal conservative and wanting accountability....I see more bad behavior from the Left. think all politicians should have metrics for any program they put in place, if it doesn't work..they are accountable...

Old 08-24-2011, 10:41 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
The Tea Party uses fear and intimidation to achieve political goals. Some members of the Tea Party have threatened government officials and members of the media. The Tea Party is more like a terrorist group.
Like unions, I get it now, the tea party union

Old 08-24-2011, 10:42 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,092,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
HUNGER AT HOME: 1 in 4 American Children are Malnourished - ABC News

As many as 17 million children nationwide are struggling with what is known as food insecurity. To put it another way, one in four children in the country is living without consistent access to enough nutritious food to live a healthy life, according to the study, "Map the Meal Child Food Insecurity 2011."

Those hungry children are everywhere, and with the uncertain economy, the numbers are only growing, experts say.
Tea party should do nothing, but vote on representatives they find appealing. Yes, and there ae alot of other problems as well. Those with parents should rely on their parents to fend for them...those without should recieve help. However, help should b ein the form of a prioritized plan, without raising revenues and living within our means. Meaning there has to be prioritity to the program and taking money from another Govt program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies