Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 12:31 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
darwinism...evolution...survival of the fittest
When it comes to religion, Liberals mention Darwin
When it comes to social issues, Liberals mention Jesus.

They want it both ways. They want to break the laws of nature and turn it into.. "Thriving for all". Which is completely impossible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 12:35 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
IMHO citizens are far more entitled to the health care they need than investors are to a monopoly profit or executives are to bonuses for off shoring companies. The former are citizens in need and the latter are the top of America's traditional criminal class.

WE could have the best and most accessible universal health care system in the world if we were to eliminate any private sector involvement. That might require paying Doctors more than Senators but would cost far less than paying insurance company executives millions and the owners’ billions.

Universal health Care IS affordable if we stop wasting money on the insurance companies, the investors and the executives.
The former are citizens that want something for nothing (theft) and the latter are citizens that want a return on their investment (capitalism). The former are the true criminal.

The lala land that you propose is communism.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:36 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
People tend to forget about these 'special situations', and as someone with a chronic disorder that I acquired through no fault of my own I can tell you from personal experience that it's extremely difficult to get help from charities and non profits. In fact, in the 18 or so years since I was diagnosed the only charity I received was being able to stay in a Ronald McDonald house overnight once the night before I had a dr appointment. It saved us the $50 it would have taken to stay in a motel.

It gets even more difficult once you exit childhood... many charities will only help children because of PR, who wants to see a 21 year old college student on a billboard asking for donations? You want the 6 year old cancer patient. I've been on the board for charities and I think most people would be slapped at what is said and how people get chosen for charity help.
Why do these MORONS not get into the REAL World?
It's all a cash flow game to them but it's life or death for anyone with a chronic illness or anyone who cannot afford the HIGH premiums for health cover.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:37 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
When it comes to religion, Liberals mention Darwin
When it comes to social issues, Liberals mention Jesus.
And when it's conservatives talking, those references are reversed.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Does anyone but me think "the best health care you can AFFORD" is pretty damned cold? I guess you folks would let your brother die because he couldn't afford heart surgery.

I think the people advocating this harshness do not expect to ever have a problem costing more than they can afford to fix. I have to assume they will then just suffer or die or suffer and die.

I would prefer living in a society that took care of everyone regardless of their ability to pay than one that practiced economic Darwinism. We were approaching that until the greedsters took over in the late 70's. Now we have, I fear, lost the chance because of the deficit. Just as the Republicans planned.

Now defaulting on the debt and living on our own resources is an option. I wonder whose ox would get gored by walking away from the debt. I’ll bet a lot of our domestic debt holders would not be able to afford the health care they expected before we did that.
Where's your proof that I would let my brother die because he can't afford the fix? I would help him out however I could. BUT I would let your brother die because he can't afford a fix. Cold reality, but the truth.

I would love a society where everyone was taken care of regardless of their ability to pay. But you are advocating a society where you steal from me to benefit someone else just because I have the means. Immoral, for sure.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:41 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times
There seems to be NO respect for life anymore by many in the USA.... Just a respect for Money.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Then go out and donate, devote your entire life to such causes. Heck, why did you not become a doctor so you could provide numerous services for free for those in need? You do realize there are doctors that work this way do you not?

How much money do you donate personally to such causes each year?

With all of you caring and devoted people to the health of others, you would think you could start your own donation and help society that would be able to take care of those special cases you guys always go on about?

What? You don't want to? You think everyone else should do what you want and pay for the systems you think are good? Wow... Pathetic!
No, no, no......they can't help anyone. They've worked hard for their money. It wouldn't be fair. They need their money. They're pushing to steal someone else's money to give away.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:43 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,085,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I would love a society where everyone was taken care of regardless of their ability to pay. But you are advocating a society where you steal from me to benefit someone else just because I have the means. Immoral, for sure.
Your "moral compass" is on display for all to see.

Thank you for your selfless honesty.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:44 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
It looks to me like you are overstating the European tax rates. Value added tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I thought that a smart person like you would know that VAT isn't the only tax they pay in Europe. They have other taxes, too, such as income tax, fuel tax, etc. The income tax can be higher than 54% - and that's before you consider any other taxes, such as VAT.

You are smart, aren't you? You sure act like you think you are, so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt... But I'm starting to wonder. A smart person surely wouldn't have cited the VAT tax as if it were the only tax the Europeans pay...

Old 08-30-2011, 12:44 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
And when it's conservatives talking, those references are reversed.

See, there is this thing called NATURAL SELECTION that you can't escape no matter how hard you try. Some people aren't meant to be kept alive. The weak gene pool is SUPPOSED to be wiped out. Like all those starving Ethiopians that haven't figured out how to migrate, etc. Same thing for people who just WILL NOT better their situation. Remember, I didn't say CAN NOT, I said WILL NOT. This is one law that you Lefties can't repeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies