Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 12:49 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
See, there is this thing called NATURAL SELECTION that you can't escape no matter how hard you try. Some people aren't meant to be kept alive. The weak gene pool is SUPPOSED to be wiped out. Like all those starving Ethiopians that haven't figured out how to migrate, etc. Same thing for people who just WILL NOT better their situation. Remember, I didn't say CAN NOT, I said WILL NOT. This is one law that you Lefties can't repeal.
No sooner do I make a comment, then SourD shows up to provide a demonstration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 12:50 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,848,514 times
The Wealthy don't want to give their hard earned cash to people who don't deserve it... we can all see that by the way they are fighting so hard to NOT pay the same percentage of their earnings as the lesser payed earners do in Tax..... hey doesn't that mean that the poorer tax payer is having to cover the ASSES of the wealthy tax payer WITH THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY? ....... Yep!

Old 08-30-2011, 12:54 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,848,514 times
Quote:
See, there is this thing called NATURAL SELECTION that you can't escape no matter how hard you try. Some people aren't meant to be kept alive. The weak gene pool is SUPPOSED to be wiped out. Like all those starving Ethiopians that haven't figured out how to migrate, etc. Same thing for people who just WILL NOT better their situation. Remember, I didn't say CAN NOT, I said WILL NOT. This is one law that you Lefties can't repeal.
Believe me... without paying fortunes for their Health Care there would be many many rich Republicans pushing up daisies in the cemetaries right now.... shows how much faith they have in Natural Selection and the survival of the fittest.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
The Wealthy don't want to give their hard earned cash to people who don't deserve it... we can all see that by the way they are fighting so hard to NOT pay the same percentage of their earnings as the lesser payed earners do in Tax..... hey doesn't that mean that the poorer tax payer is having to cover the ASSES of the wealthy tax payer WITH THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY? ....... Yep!
Because of course, according to SourD, their wealth makes them genetically superior.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:58 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,121,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
How would we have to give up anything? Liberty is a matter of having ones own choice to decide, do, or pursue. What examples would you give of a private company being able to dictate such to the people?
Do you see how government works? Regardless, of democracy or communism, you give up certain freedoms and liberties for some kind of notion of order or control. Anarchy is the only system where you would be totally free. You give up liberties/freedoms to whoever is pulling the strings, whether it is a private or public. I'm not sure what kind of privatization you are talking about so it would be hard to give good examples. Accountability is one that comes into mind. How will our legal system make these private companies accountable? Do we elect CEOs? What powers as citizens do we have against being taken advantage by those in power? That is human history in a nutshell, the conflict of those with power and those without.

Quote:
Indirectly? Give some examples.

Social security does not "benefit" as it takes peoples money and then dictates the percentage of return they get from it when an individual may be able to turn that money over many times more than SS ever returns. How does that benefit me? What benefits me is what I believe is in my best interest, not in what others think.
And there we have it. A society where everyone is only out to what benefits them. A tough sh*t type of society. Examples? Look into history and take a look into developing countries for examples. Or just think about the consequences of not having social security or medicare. The burden of caring for the elderly, your elderly parents, uncle, brother, sister , etc. would be passed onto you and your family. Can't afford to take care of your elderly family? Tough sh*t. Have you considered what kind of consequence that would have on the psyche of America not having the ? I personally don't want to live in a tough sh*t country. See my next response.

Quote:
Trying to claim that "if" this or that happened then it would be there for me is silly. It is still forcing me into their system, a system that is far more concerned about itself than it is about any individual within it and my choice to opt-out of those systems is removed. I am forced into them regardless if I think they are good or not. My money is taken, not asked for, it is stripped from me or I risk the penalty of jail and fines.

Sorry, that is not individual liberty, that is not freedom, that is a scam of theft using government as the thug.
Well I take much comfort in knowing that my vote and your vote will negate each other in an indirect way. I choose to to advocate a society and government that helps those in need. Is how our government currently run and constructed good? Hell no, but what you are advocating is selfishness to the extreme.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:09 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Because of course, according to SourD, their wealth makes them genetically superior.

No, their wealth doesn't make them genetically superior, it makes it easier to pay for things. What I am saying is that generation after generation of playing victim and not WILLING to do anything about their situation should and will bring on their demise, either socially, economically or both. That's just how it works in real life.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:10 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
If everyone deserves the best healthcare they can afford, then it seems reasonable to also say that making healthcare more affordable is in everyone's interest.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:10 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
No sooner do I make a comment, then SourD shows up to provide a demonstration.
I only demonstrated your ignorance of how life really works.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:14 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
If everyone deserves the best healthcare they can afford, then it seems reasonable to also say that making healthcare more affordable is in everyone's interest.
and the way to make it more affordable...get rid of ALL insurance (for basic things) to include the GOVERNMENT

insurance is not care...doctors are care...insurance (private and government) ADD to the cost

insurance is ONLY supposed to be for the BIG STUFF

do you use your house insurance to get new windows or to paint your daughters room....nope you pay out of pocket

do you use your car insurnace to get new tires or for an annual check up (tuneup/inspection)....nope you pay out of pocket
)

Old 08-30-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
No, their wealth doesn't make them genetically superior, it makes it easier to pay for things.
But you just said it was "survival of the fittest." Make up your mind SourD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies