Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 04:04 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
It would help if you ventured out of your double wide once in a while......the "big bad government" already has us. They've "had us" for the last 50 years. Keep drinking the kool aid genius!
Wellll.... I am setting at my farm doing chores (house no trailer) but I have to stop by my house in town on my way up to our cabin for deer hunting..... need some grey goose to mix with the cool aid.......Study harder and you might pass the ASVAB test next time, you might not hate the Military so much

Old 10-21-2011, 04:09 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Wellll.... I am setting at my farm doing chores (house no trailer) but I have to stop by my house in town on my way up to our cabin for deer hunting..... need some grey goose to mix with the cool aid.......Study harder and you might pass the ASVAB test next time, you might not hate the Military so much
I could pass the ASVAB with my eyes closed buddy! LOL....It's "sitting" not setting by the way.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:16 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
It would help if you ventured out of your double wide once in a while......
Hey! There's nothing wrong with a double wide!

Old 10-21-2011, 07:20 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Some idiot teabagger decided to send a box of Bill O'Reilly's worthless "Pinheads and Patriots" book to our brave men serving in a very remote location in Afghanistan instead of things the soldiers would actually need like say... food, clothes, soap etc.

Like any sensible human being would, the soldiers decided to burn the worthless volumes of right wing propaganda. While I'm not a fan of book burning, I definitely make an exception in this case. The person who sent the books is a total teabagger political hack who has no concern for the well being of our troops whatsoever besides advancing their own narrow political agenda.

Here is the story:

Bill O'Reilly Book Burned By Soldiers In Afghanistan (PHOTOS)

Honestly speaking, I don't see any use for O'Reilly's books besides possibly using them as toilet paper. Given that the pages are hardly tp material, burning them seems like the only logical thing to do.

I applaud the soldiers for doing this. Whoever sent the books owes the soldiers and our military an apology. That's my two cents.
Yeah, you and Nazi's are big fans of book burning.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:25 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This thread made my night, now if only the Cardinals can hang on.....
Sorry friend, The Rangers will Not Be Denied, see ya Saturday, then the Real Hitting begins

Old 10-21-2011, 07:26 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Some idiot teabagger decided to send a box of Bill O'Reilly's worthless "Pinheads and Patriots" book to our brave men serving in a very remote location in Afghanistan instead of things the soldiers would actually need like say... food, clothes, soap etc.

Like any sensible human being would, the soldiers decided to burn the worthless volumes of right wing propaganda. While I'm not a fan of book burning, I definitely make an exception in this case. The person who sent the books is a total teabagger political hack who has no concern for the well being of our troops whatsoever besides advancing their own narrow political agenda.

Here is the story:

Honestly speaking, I don't see any use for O'Reilly's books besides possibly using them as toilet paper. Given that the pages are hardly tp material, burning them seems like the only logical thing to do.

I applaud the soldiers for doing this. Whoever sent the books owes the soldiers and our military an apology. That's my two cents.
Just curious. Have you ever been in a combat zone? Have you ever received care packages from people back home? Well, I have. Three times to the Middle East. And i'm here to tell you that care packages of all shapes, sizes, and content are very welcome by the deployed. There's no such thing as a "bad care package" because everyone knows it's coming from a well-intentioned individual or entity.

I'm also here to tell you that the guys burning these books are total douchebags and do not represent the best or the brightest of our military forces.

Your two cents are worthless since you haven't been there, in my opinion.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yeah, you and Nazi's are big fans of book burning.
Couple of points to clear up for ya. If you want to insult the Left you call them Commies, the nationalist righties are far closer to the Nazis way of thinking. Read More. Both have burned books but in this country more books have been burned by your side of the spectrum than the others guys have ever even thought of burning.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:32 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,283,165 times
Quote:

Here is the story:

I don't even like O'Reilly, but I do realize that he donates and raises a ton of money for the wounded warrior project... all of his books bought from his website secure a donation to this.

Wounded Warrior Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kind of dumb for these soldiers to burn the books that were bought and secured donations for the wounded warrior project... I guess they confident they will never be wounded in battle.

Also... I'm a libertarian, and I agree with the poster that said that O'Reilly is not conservative. If anything he is a moderate. Look how he handles Obama with kid gloves when he interviews him...

Old 10-21-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Just curious. Have you ever been in a combat zone? Have you ever received care packages from people back home? Well, I have. Three times to the Middle East. And i'm here to tell you that care packages of all shapes, sizes, and content are very welcome by the deployed. There's no such thing as a "bad care package" because everyone knows it's coming from a well-intentioned individual or entity.

I'm also here to tell you that the guys burning these books are total douchebags and do not represent the best or the brightest of our military forces.

Your two cents are worthless since you haven't been there, in my opinion.
I have been there and I agree with your statement on care packages. That said if someone had sent me a book by Rush (just usng him as an example he was still a nobody at the time) I would have disposed of it in a fitting manner. Personally I find it dishonorable that anyone would send political books to soldiers in the field in attempt to sway their thinking Politics is the last thing they need or want, politics is what put them, you and me where we were. My Opinion.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:35 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I don't even like O'Reilly, but I do realize that he donates and raises a ton of money for the wounded warrior project... all of his books bought from his website secure a donation to this.

Wounded Warrior Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kind of dumb for these soldiers to burn the books that were bought and secured donations for the wounded warrior project... I guess they confident they will never be wounded in battle.
No, they're just total douchebags. The military is chock full of douchebags, contrary to the fairtytale ideal that puts all of them on a pedestal when it fits a certain agenda, whether it be left or right. In this case, these douchebags are put on a pedestal by the left. Tomorrow the same douchebags will be put on a pedestal by the right for something else. But at the end of the day, they're still douchebags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies