Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 08:55 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Huh? I don't think the poster advocated prohibition. The poster made the sensible observation that we would be better off if people did not use drugs. That is hardly an outlandish statement.
And people opted for that option willingly right?

The American revolution began in bars, bub.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 08:56 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Whats your point? Are you suggesting drug use is good for the country?

Old 11-17-2011, 08:56 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,864,528 times
Quote:

He's just saying if people didn't do drugs we'd be better off, that's all.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:29 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,825 times
Quote:
Huh?

No drug should be illegal.

The same people that scream "constitution" every other thread are the ones who want to keep drugs outlawed, and want to outlaw more.

Remind me again where the constitution said to make marijuana illegal? Oh yeah, its written on hemp
Did you read my post? Are you one of the smoking nazis who thinks cigarettes should be outlawed, but all drugs should be legalized? If not, then I wasn't talking to you.

And no, not ALL drugs should be legalized. I'll give you pot, I voted yes on prop 19 because to me pot is the same as alcohol; don't drive stoned and do it in the privacy of your own home or designated areas. Other than that as long as you do it in recreation and aren't doing it all day everyday it's no big deal. But I don't think meth or heroin should ever be legalized. Seen a lot of peoples' lives ruined by meth, one of which was my best friend since age 5. Never seen anything good come from meth.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:00 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
What would you offer as evidence that marijuana causes alzheimers?
I didn't say it causes. You obviously missed the point. Potheads act like they have Alzheimers the way they stupidly sit and stare into space, smile at nothing or get paranoid over nothing. Getting stoned is like having Alzheimers. One pothead I knew would forget he was driving and drive right off the road but he was smart in a savant idiot kind of way, even when high he could so complex additions and subtractions in his head but he would sit around for days just staring off into space like some fool and couldn't hold down a job.

Meth addicts are even stupider. They end up with no teeth, no money but at least their drug is somewhat cheap, cocaine and heroin addicts end up spending more money every day than they can ever hope to make.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:35 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
You can have a high IQ and still do a lot of moronic things with your life.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:29 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,302,612 times
Default It's either this or that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Good post.

People who use illegal drugs are criminals. High IQ? Sniff glue and take meth for a few years and see what happens to your IQ.
I see, in your black and white world, you don't need no education.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:00 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
I see, in your black and white world, you don't need no education.
The correct phrase is "You don't need an education."

Old 11-18-2011, 02:03 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,765,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
He admitted using marijuana.
A previous poster claimed that marijuana causes alzheimers. I asked for evidence that it does.
Thats a lie, as a matter of fact if anything it reinforces synaptic ad neural connections.

That's just bull**** propaganda based on the temporary effects of MJ on short term memory. In fact some studies were done concerning the effects of marijuana in connection to Alzheimer's, but the results proved otherwise.

The funny thing is, though being high on MJ can cause temporary short term memory loss, a study published in The Neurobiology of Aging found that it otherwise increases long term memory and healthy cellular growth in the brain.

Anc concerning the Alzheimer's test, here is what the test organizer had to say about the conclusions ...

Quote:
"All the test subjects played increasingly challenging games each day, but half the group was also administered [marijuana]. Would you believe that the marijuana test group scored 43 percent better memory retention than the control group? “It was a far greater benefit to the marijuana-administered group than we could have imagined,” said test organizer Ewoud Joost.

Read more:
http://healthmad.com/conditions-and-...#ixzz1e5q9m3fj

http://gammasquad.uproxx.com/2011/07...as-performance
http://ireadculture.com/2011/07/news/joy-stick/

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 11-18-2011 at 02:49 PM..

Old 11-18-2011, 02:33 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I didn't say it causes. You obviously missed the point. Potheads act like they have Alzheimers the way they stupidly sit and stare into space, smile at nothing or get paranoid over nothing. Getting stoned is like having Alzheimers. One pothead I knew would forget he was driving and drive right off the road but he was smart in a savant idiot kind of way, even when high he could so complex additions and subtractions in his head but he would sit around for days just staring off into space like some fool and couldn't hold down a job.

Meth addicts are even stupider. They end up with no teeth, no money but at least their drug is somewhat cheap, cocaine and heroin addicts end up spending more money every day than they can ever hope to make.

From experience, yeah when you smoke pot you get pretty relaxed, however; I don't see that as a bad thing. At least you don't get the violent tendencies, or beer muscles like when you drink too much alcohol. The paranoia thing does happen from time to time when you smoke too much at one sitting, but it is generally short lived, and since you cannot overdose from smoking it, it's not like you're gonna die. As for your buddy driving stoned, yeah pretty stupid! I've done it back in the day, and wouldn't dare do it now. Then again, I wouldn't drink and drive now either, as it's not worth the cost of a DUI. The one effect I noticed with weed, is that it does make you think about things. Again, not necessarily a bad thing. Like alcohol though, you have to be responsible enough, and not be one of those all day smokers. I know I wouldn't want to go to work under the influence of ANY substance. There is a time and place for everything, and it's not wise to mix business with pleasure.

I agree with you about meth use, as well as cocaine and heroin use. Flat out dumb! Meth especially due to how it's made, which from what I have heard is EXTREMELY dangerous to even make! At any rate all 3 have the potential for addiction, as well as overdose, and death! But if people are stupid enough to do it, well......... what can you do? At any rate, all drugs are worse than pot in the sense that every one of them, whether prescription, over the counter, alcohol, or the hard street drugs have the potential for overdose, and death!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies