Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 08:24 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,863,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
"Three of the Republican presidential candidates – Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum – issued Thanksgiving statements that omitted any references to God."

Obama Omits God From Thanksgiving Address, Riles Critics - ABC News

You can be rest assured Faux news won't make a single mention of any of the others omission. I'll venture to bet no one that cares about the Presidents omission will care about it either..... funny how hypocrisy works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 08:25 PM

267 posts, read 175,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Ah the final proof! He's a communist muslim infiltrator! We've got him now!

Since both of his bio and step dad are muslims, and B.o. studied islam in Indonesia, this is not the first time he has done this. He also had an signia covered for one of his speeches, that signify God. I cannot imagine living in a Godless country...................like we are becoming.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
You can be rest assured Faux news won't make a single mention of any of the others omission. I'll venture to bet no one that cares about the Presidents omission will care about it either..... funny how hypocrisy works.
Why should they? All you liberals and democrats would just mock them or create a problem for them. They are not our leader. Well, actually neither is Obama. LOL. You will have more ,to fear, then no mention of God, if you keep supporting Obama HUSSEIN . aka Barry Dunham/Sotero.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:44 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,483,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
"Three of the Republican presidential candidates – Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum – issued Thanksgiving statements that omitted any references to God."

Obama Omits God From Thanksgiving Address, Riles Critics - ABC News

Obama wasn't alone now was he? "Gods" have no place in the political arena. Keep your fairytales behind the closed doors of your cult.
But you see, Jesus will forgive them because they're Republicans. And we all know that Jesus loves Republicans and hates Democrats.

I do disagree with your last sentence. I may be a liberal, but I'm also a Christian. Why do so many liberals always have to take pot shots at those with any faith in a higher power?

Old 11-28-2011, 08:46 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times
It's been mentioned on Fox that not all presidents mentioned God, and those that omitted it were even named. No kidding. You wouldn't know if you don't watch Fox at least some of the time. Those were not big issues at the time. Like 'em or not, we knew who they were and where they stood.

I think what makes this an issue is way this President has set the stage by things he has said and done, so that it only underscores and reinforces the doubts that people have about his faith or lack thereof.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:47 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post

I do disagree with your last sentence. I may be a liberal, but I'm also a Christian. Why do so many liberals always have to take pot shots at those with any faith in a higher power?
There is truly...also a devil. he's a wormy creature...filled with evil.

Seeking to 'fill' any he can...with poison!!!

Old 11-28-2011, 08:50 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
I realize, when you sprinkle good seed on barren ground, you reap lots of weeds. No surprise here, either.
Well, see - the funny thing is, barren seed on fertile ground gives the exact same result.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
I think a couple of posters here should be in the Religous forum, not political since it's a religious position they're arguing not controversial or political.
Excuseeeeeeeeeeeeeee me. Did you not read the thread words? It is about God and B.o. not giving thanks to God. That is the Whole point of this thread! You bet we will talk about God. Who exits, not in the form you want, but he is there. I have no doubt. If atheists don't believe in God, then why do they get upset about 'nothing' to them?

Old 11-28-2011, 08:54 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,457 times
Quote:

C'mon dude, are you serious? Don't be one of those people who makes all Christians look bad with bat s#%t crazy babble.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:55 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,483,407 times
Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies