Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 01:29 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Obama Criticized for Leaving God Out of Thanksgiving Address - Fox News Video - Fox News

The guy's actions (lack of) speak loud and clear to wise folks!
Yep, your hypocrisy is loud and clear.

Why should he thank your sky daddy?
In case you missed the memo, the US is not a theocracy. Want one, try Iran.
I hear it's nice there for people who believe in theocracies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 01:40 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumntimetwo View Post
Why should they? All you liberals and democrats would just mock them or create a problem for them. They are not our leader. Well, actually neither is Obama. LOL. You will have more ,to fear, then no mention of God, if you keep supporting Obama HUSSEIN . aka Barry Dunham/Sotero.
Like you're doing?
Hypocrisy at its finest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumntimetwo View Post
Amidst all of the American flags and presidential seals, there was something missing when President Barack Obama gave an economic speech at Georgetown University this week -- Jesus.
The White House asked Georgetown to cover a monogram symbolizing Jesus' name in Gaston Hall, which Obama used for his speech, a pediment in the hall was covered over by a piece of black-painted plywood, and remained covered over the next day,
Last I looked, religion had no place in politics.
What's the problem with being secular and inclusive of all citizens?

How about John Ash-croft covering the breasts of the statue of Justice?
I believe it was $5,000 cost to the taxpayer to make the burkha for Justice.
There's more credibility in the existence of breasts than there in an any gods.

What do you say when churches cover their own false idols during celebrations and for religious purposes?

Last edited by chielgirl; 11-29-2011 at 02:10 AM..

Old 11-29-2011, 02:16 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
There are tons of reasons why I want Obama voted out of office.... his lack of addressing "God" is not one of them.

Old 11-29-2011, 02:41 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,981,656 times
Does this really matter? C'mon, there's more important things going on than this.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:21 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,521,531 times
Did anyone on faux news give Thanks to God for their jobs, for the food, warmth, clothing etc....as they wished the viewers "happy thanksgiving"??? Doubt it....

In a country where we give thanks one day and then plow another over for a deal, people get hurt, pepper-sprayed and shot in large part over the media hype all faux can report about is "obama didn't thank God"? That is what they are worried about? Good grief....

Faux likes to tout God but they know nothing about him or they sure wouldn't lie and spin the truth the way they do.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:48 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,960 times
He left out Mithra, Marduk, and the tooth fairy as well, so now I'm really angry.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:08 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,585,553 times
Smile No Christian is surprised that BO did not give God Thanks

Quote:
i'd luv to see the look on your face..on judgement Day...smuck
Only in your silly sky-god dreams.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:17 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
Sounds like he should have been a pastor, instead of president, then.
Best one line comeback "Zinger" I've read here in a long time!!!!

You NAILED it!

Old 11-29-2011, 07:19 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,783,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Obama Criticized for Leaving God Out of Thanksgiving Address - Fox News Video - Fox News

The guy's actions (lack of) speak loud and clear to wise folks!
Oh who cares?

All the crap coming from the Obama Administration people get their knickers in twist over this?

Old 11-29-2011, 07:21 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,232,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
If there were no God, atheists would have no reason for being. Or, to put it another way, the existence of atheists proves there IS a God.
Thank you for reinvigorating my sincere hope that I might one day own a unicorn! Everyone keeps telling me they don't exist, but as you point out, that just proves they do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies