Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 04:13 PM

46,309 posts, read 27,124,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
If it is so unreliable, it should be easily refuted have at it.
Come on....they are not even willing to refute there own words....

I posted this once, but OBVIOUSLY, it's say as I do and not as I do...

Maybe they missed it...just to be sure, I shortened it and made it BOLD...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Source is irrelevant as long as facts are provided and prove to be true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 04:32 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Come on....they are not even willing to refute there own words....

I posted this once, but OBVIOUSLY, it's say as I do and not as I do...

Maybe they missed it...just to be sure, I shortened it and made it BOLD...........
What is it that is making you two feel so tingly? Say, your not sharing the same ..., naw. Is it that Breitfart correctly quoted Manchin? Even a broken watch is correct twice a day. As Gov, I think Manchin was Constitutionally required to have a budget each year in W. Va.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-14-2011 at 04:55 AM.. Reason: language

Old 12-13-2011, 04:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
That payroll tax cut should have NEVER happened. That funds SS and with the way SS is today that is the last thing it needs..less $$$ going into the SS Trust Fund.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
It won't be brought up for vote, ergo, no need for Veto.
I agree, it'll be held up in the Senate like the other 300 bills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I already knew it will never get past the Senate, that has been the operating method of the Repugs in the House for the last two years, pass Partisan Bills that they know will never get past the Senate then claim they are trying to do something. As for agreements, isn't the Repugs that keep saying NO Compromise
So where is the Democratic counter proposal? Thats right.. you dont know how Congress works.. Spare me the bs about compromise because you cant compromise with NOTHING..

Old 12-13-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That payroll tax cut should have NEVER happened. That funds SS and with the way SS is today that is the last thing it needs..less $$$ going into the SS Trust Fund.
Unhappy guy, the money that wouuld have been allocated to SS, was allocated to SS from General Tax collections. Also, credit for what contribution the employee would have made is also be updated as collected. Impact to SS, zero. Impact on General tax collections, less money for other tax uses.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I agree, it'll be held up in the Senate like the other 300 bills.

So where is the Democratic counter proposal? Thats right.. you dont know how Congress works.. Spare me the bs about compromise because you cant compromise with NOTHING..
Just add that 300, 20 of which were "jobs bills", but this House passed that many bills? If so, add them to the 500 that we know was left from the previous Congress. That is what gridlock looks like.

Last edited by florida.bob; 12-13-2011 at 05:07 PM..

Old 12-13-2011, 04:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Just add that 300, this House passed that many bills?
yes, you didnt know? Well there goes your credibility to discuss the subject
Senate sitting on 290 bills already passed by House; tension mounts - TheHill.com
Quote:
If so, add them to the 500 that we know was left from the previous Congress. That is what gridlock looks like.
You mean the previous Democratic Congress who didnt pass a budget either?

Old 12-13-2011, 05:14 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Obama and the dems cut Medicare by $500 billion, and now they cut the payroll tax that fund both SS and Medicare, and yet...... they will still have the balls to run adds claiming the republicans want to cut those programs and push grandma and her wheelchair down the stairs.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
yes, you didnt know? Well there goes your credibility to discuss the subject
Senate sitting on 290 bills already passed by House; tension mounts - TheHill.com

You mean the previous Democratic Congress who didnt pass a budget either?
I wish there were some truth in what you are saying. Maybe after the Dems retake the House and get 60-61 in the Senate, the gridlock can be broken. Rethinking Senate, may need 64-65 Dems. All Dems aren't Jackbooted Troopers like the GOP. Too many independent thinkers.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:26 PM

957 posts, read 758,531 times
Quote:
Um... freezing the wages of federal employees in no way helps millionaires, or billionaires.. The federal government isnt privately owned, nor can you buy stock in it
Whoosh. Went right by you. I never said that freezing the wages of federal workers helped millionaires & billionaires. Let me break it down for you. The republicans would rather freeze the wages of federal workers rather than have the millionaires & billionaires pay a surtax on taxable income over 1 million dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies