Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 06:53 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I think we can safely call it now... with just a few days to go, this thread is one of the greatest forum fails of 2011.
I second that motion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 06:55 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I think we can safely call it now... with just a few days to go, this thread is one of the greatest forum fails of 2011.
Why, because obama supporters can't abide any criticism of the man? Because they claim it to be so?

I think not.

It's their problem if they can't stand the truth of obama inconsiderate behavior compared to the last three, maybe even 4 presidents.

The FACTS are hard to dispute. Again - obama, 100% away from "home", the last three (or 4), 95% at home.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:00 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Why, because obama supporters can't abide any criticism of the man? Because they claim it to be so?

I think not.

It's their problem if they can't stand the truth of obama inconsiderate behavior compared to the last three, maybe even 4 presidents.

The FACTS are hard to dispute. Again - obama, 100% away from "home", the last three (or 4), 95% at home.

compare that to THOUSANDS away from home the last 5 of 8. I'm sure one soldier in Afghanstan would much rather switch SECURITY DETAIL in Hawaii instead of Afghanastan. But hey, your concern is more with those poor poor Secret Service agents having to spend Christmas in Hawaii instead of the Middle East.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
The Secret Service are on the same tax payers roll as the Military. No matter how you attempt to keep this about Obama without appearing hypocritical its not working. Now who is the selfish &astard that selfishly kept our Men and Women away from their families during Christmas?
This IS about obama, all about obama, 24/7...according to HIM. When will you get that point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
compare that to THOUSANDS away from home the last 5 of 8. I'm sure one soldier in Afghanstan would much rather switch SECURITY DETAIL in Hawaii instead of Afghanastan. But hey, your concern is more with those poor poor Secret Service agents having to spend Christmas in Hawaii instead of the Middle East.
Still missing it I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Meh, I read everything you had to say on that subject.
Which of course, said nothing.
Right, right. I guess you finally found the relevant passage and have even less to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Considering that the starting salary for a Secret Service Agent can be as high as $74,891 per year along with generous civil service benefits, retirement after 20 years and a substantial retirement... missing a few Christmases with the family ain't a whole lot to ask.
I'm thinking that's exactly how obama feels about.....exactly the point, he couldn't care less, that much is obvious.

Quote:
You know thats gonna happen.
Only when deserved.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:06 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times
Quote:
This IS about obama, all about obama, 24/7...according to HIM. When will you get that point?

Its aparent that you would LOVE for it to be all about Obama. But did you forget that your faux concern was with the

Still missing it I see.

Right, right. I guess you finally found the relevant passage and have even less to say.

I'm thinking that's exactly how obama feels about.....exactly the point, he couldn't care less, that much is obvious.

Only when deserved.
Its aparent that your original focus was to make it about Obama, but what you FAILED to factor in and can't get away from is.....These Men giving up their Christmas Holiday as your Faux complaint show, does not negate that of the MEN AND WOMEN SERVING IN THE MIDDLE EAST for the last 8 years and what they and their families have given up. Try to look past it if you will, but it will stay there as it is relevent to your FAUX outrage.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:10 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
No it's not. WHERE did you get that idea? Let me guess, you haven't read the thread?

See,it's all about obama and HIS inconsideration for those that work for him, unlike the previous 3, maybe 4 presidents.

The difference is stark.
Quote:

I think not.

I think your record is skipping....

Old 12-19-2011, 07:11 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
I'm still waiting for you to post proof that Obama hates the SS, and is punishing them by making them go to Hawaii for Christmas.
Oh yeah, isnt there supposed to a nasty snowstorm hitting DC while those poor SS folks are in Hawaii?
Much ado about nothing.
Typical.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:11 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
you know any one who have a problem with the obama's
are nothing but racists anyway, LOL
and the ones that defend the son of a ***** can not see the light of day
due to the deep location of their heads!!

Old 12-19-2011, 07:14 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Living it up? That's what you think these people will be doing? Frolicking on the beach, tanning in the sun, taking their leisure around the island?

Please, they are not there to party down, but to protect and serve the man who has taken them away from their families for three years running.
So when the media prints pictures of the Obama's playing on the beach in Hawaii we should expect to see guys wearing suits and ties wading in the surf near by? The Secret Service are working after all and wouldn't dare soak up a little sun at the same time and blend in with the activities the Obama's are doing.

You keep bringing up the "three years running" thing as if the very same Secret Service men/women are assigned to go to Hawaii each of those years. Unless you have facts to back that up---which you know you don't---you need to concede that the agency would rotate personal so that wouldn't happen. You also need to concede that out of the 3,200 S.S. agents there are bound to be a few of them whose hometown is on the island and they'd jump at a chance to be assigned there over the holidays.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
I'm still waiting for you to post proof that Obama hates the SS, and is punishing them by making them go to Hawaii for Christmas.
Oh yeah, isnt there supposed to a nasty snowstorm hitting DC while those poor SS folks are in Hawaii?
Much ado about nothing.
Typical.
You mean the same kind of proof I provided about Bush and Reagan that you ignore/dismiss? I think not....but since I never made those claims (obama hates the SS/is punishing them), why should I have to prove it?

Where in outer space did you get that idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
you know any one who have a problem with the obama's
are nothing but racists anyway, LOL
and the ones that defend the son of a ***** can not see the light of day
due to the deep location of their heads!!
Oh, that's right...seems to be missing on this thread though.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies