Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2011, 09:54 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Did he make a special mention of this FACT?

His ONLY reason for vacationing at CD during Christmas was so his SS could be with their families?

Can you cite any proof of that?
..a news article
..a soundbite

Anything?
Here's what I found:

About Camp David: Christmas at Camp David

"We choose to spend Christmas at Camp David because it is such a beautiful snow-covered spot for Christmas. And also it is our sentimental favorite place to be at Christmas because we spent the years 1989 - 1992 there with all of the Bush family. And once again this year we will be joined by President Bush, Barbara Bush, our girls, my mother, the President's sister and her family and one of his brothers. "

Nary a word about the Secret Service. Also from the article, it does appear that Bush I spent his Christmases as president there. Look at the pictures. It was a huge group the Bushes hosted at taxpayer expense, and it looks like they were really "roughing it".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 10:08 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Camp David's infrequent visitor - Amie Parnes - POLITICO.com
A senior White House official called Camp David a “tremendous resource” and said the president “enjoys” his time there but that he’s “a city guy and loves the heartbeat of a city.” That sentiment echoes a New York Times Magazine story last year that said Michelle Obama has told dinner guests her husband “does not care for it all that much.”
It's difficult to meet your "dealer" from Camp David. Barry needs his "snow" for the holidays.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:23 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,368,093 times
didnt obama run on change ?
so when he continues to do things previous administrations did, that makes him a liar and his little sheep are okay with it...

okay, now i got it...

obama is a liar and his fan club is stupid

Old 12-19-2011, 10:28 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
didnt obama run on change ?
so when he continues to do things previous administrations did, that makes him a liar and his little sheep are okay with it...

okay, now i got it...

obama is a liar and his fan club is stupid
That's alwasy the excuse when Obama does something considered egregious by the RW and others point out that there is ample precedent for it. Then, when he does do something different from the previous president(s), he's castigated for that, for ex, going to Chicago for Memorial Day.

Back on topic, I don't think "change" meant he would do everything differently. And actually, there is precedent for spending Christmas vacation locally and away!

Old 12-19-2011, 10:31 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
It's difficult to meet your "dealer" from Camp David. Barry needs his "snow" for the holidays.
Ignorance at its finest.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:52 AM

399 posts, read 855,073 times
I once worked a job that required working Christmas and most major holidays. At the time my children were young so we could easily tell them that Christmas was "the next day" when I would be home. You do what you gotta do. The SS are a very proud and productive group and they are happy to work alongside the President even if it means their families may suffer at times. This is what they live for and their families usually totally understand the requirements. As for the President, he deserves some respect even though you may not agree with his policies. He's still the President. Just my thoughts.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:58 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Dont hold your breath.

I knew I read it somewhere.

Oh Reagan too.

No Churchgoing Christmas for the First Family - TIME

In the President's Secret Service ... - Ronald Kessler - Google Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
Oh for crying out loud. Put a sock in it.
I suggest you find another thread to post in if you don't like this one.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Did he make a special mention of this FACT?

His ONLY reason for vacationing at CD during Christmas was so his SS could be with their families?

Can you cite any proof of that?
..a news article
..a soundbite

Anything?
Didn't say or mean his only reason. Check the link to the book and the Time article.....of course, I already know those won't be good enough for you.

Hard to swallow the hero of the Left is SO inconsiderate while Reagan, Bush I & II were VERY considerate of those that worked for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Here's what I found:

About Camp David: Christmas at Camp David

"We choose to spend Christmas at Camp David because it is such a beautiful snow-covered spot for Christmas. And also it is our sentimental favorite place to be at Christmas because we spent the years 1989 - 1992 there with all of the Bush family. And once again this year we will be joined by President Bush, Barbara Bush, our girls, my mother, the President's sister and her family and one of his brothers. "

Nary a word about the Secret Service. Also from the article, it does appear that Bush I spent his Christmases as president there. Look at the pictures. It was a huge group the Bushes hosted at taxpayer expense, and it looks like they were really "roughing it".
Spent Christmas Eve/Day there. Flied out the day AFTER Christmas so his SS could spend time with their families.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Q2f...istmas&f=false

Eh.......

Old 12-19-2011, 03:04 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

I knew I read it somewhere.

Oh Reagan too.

No Churchgoing Christmas for the First Family - TIME

In the President's Secret Service ... - Ronald Kessler - Google Books

I suggest you find another thread to post in if you don't like this one.
What, exactly, do either one of these links have to do with your original premise?
Oh, thats right, nothing.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
What, exactly, do either one of these links have to do with your original premise?
Oh, thats right, nothing.
Posters asked for AND received contemporaneous comments about Bush and Reagans Xmas habits.

See, they wanted to deflect obama's habit of INCONSIDERATION to PROOF of the other republicans presidents CONSIDERATION. There you have it.

It was a well known habit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies