Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 04:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Sarene, Just because one or two Presidents out of 44 presidents stayed in town on Christmas for what they say was partly, or in whole, out of consideration for the Secret Service doesn't automatically make any president who didn't stay in town over the holiday inconsiderate. If you really belief it does, then you must have gotten your sense of logic our of a Cracker-Jack box along with that decoder ring others have posted about. If this notion of staying in D.C. on Christmas is going to become the gold standard of presidential decorum, then Republicans better be prepared to criticize the next Republican president who doesn't stay in D.C. as much as you/they are criticizing Obama.

Meet the Four Bush Vacations that Were Longer than Obama's Christmas
Meet The 4 Bush Vacations That Were Longer than Obama
Oh, isn't it funny you brought that up. Surely, surely you remember how the Left railed against Bush's vacations?

Oh, those weren't REALLY vacations were they? Both Reagan and Bush's Western WHs were well equipped for doing the country's business.

But again, we are off topic.

You have your opinion that 3 years running obama dragging his contingent thousands of miles away from family is ok. I have mine that it isn't. I prefer what the previous FOUR presidents have done - stay in the DC area out of consideration for their employees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 04:26 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Why gee, just look up, the link is there to the book and then...click it. So is the QUOTE from the book.

Go ahead, try clicking and reading.

Oh here, cuz I know you'll never click and read.

Can't think of much else that would have kept CLINTON, Reagan, Bush I and II in town. Amazing, even Bubba thought of others on the day.

Obama doesn't have to worry about that, since he considers no one but himself.
I read it.
Whats not there is your posit that they went to Camp David out of concern for the SS.
Its isnt there on the 1 page you posted.
And it isnt there in the Time article you listed, which I had read before you ever posted the link.
Now, where is the proof?

Old 12-19-2011, 04:36 PM

26,586 posts, read 14,449,955 times
the secret service: willing to take a bullet for the president....... except for major holidays, sundays and after 4pm on saturdays.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I read it.
Whats not there is your posit that they went to Camp David out of concern for the SS.
Its isnt there on the 1 page you posted.
And it isnt there in the Time article you listed, which I had read before you ever posted the link.
Now, where is the proof?
You DIDN'T read it then. How hard can this be?

In the President's Secret Service ... - Ronald Kessler - Google Books

Bottom of page 133.

I even gave you the text of the paragraph.

Quote:
Bush was so considerate of the agents that protected him that he would stay in town on Christmas Eve so agents could spend it with their families. Then he would fly to Texas the day after Christmas.
Proof.

Really, those that can't stand the FACT obama is the winner for most inconsiderate president of the last 30 years.....there are plenty of other threads for you to post in. Stop making it personal.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
You DIDN'T read it then. How hard can this be?

In the President's Secret Service ... - Ronald Kessler - Google Books

Bottom of page 133.

I even gave you the text of the paragraph.
The link goes to a page telling a story about Babs and the tennis court.
I'm supposed to read the whole book?
Nope, I dont think so.
I couldnt help but notice you totally fail to address what the Time story has to do with anything.
BTW, a warm fuzzy memoir isnt proof of anything.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
The link goes to a page telling a story about Babs and the tennis court.
I'm supposed to read the whole book?
Nope, I dont think so.
I couldnt help but notice you totally fail to address what the Time story has to do with anything.
BTW, a warm fuzzy memoir isnt proof of anything.
What's the matter, can't scroll down to the bottom of the page the link takes you to, page 133? A very inventive way of continuing to deny the truth. Don't have to read the whole book, just go to the bottom of the page.

Reagan was mentioned by a poster as well, in the TImes article.

Oh, I haven't dodged anything. How is that possible when we have obama, 100% of the time, dragging his contingent away from family on Christmas, and then the last FOUR presidents 95% of time staying home?

Old 12-19-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
What's the matter, can't scroll down to the bottom of the page the link takes you to, page 133? A very inventive way of continuing to deny the truth. Don't have to read the whole book, just go to the bottom of the page.

Oh, I haven't dodged anything. How is that possible when we have obama, 100% of the time, dragging his contingent away from family on Christmas, and then the last FOUR presidents 95% of time staying home?
If this was a Republican president wanting to go to Hawaii, you wouldnt be saying a word.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:57 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:

The Secret Service detail assigned to the president on Dec. 25 has to report for duty on Christmas Day no matter where the president is. It is possible that some of those SS agents on duty at Camp David really wanted to go "home" to Chicago, or Omaha, or wherever, but had to go to CD instead!

Old 12-19-2011, 04:59 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,291,138 times
I thought that anything rich employers wanted was OK, because they're tantamount to Jesus Christ.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:00 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Oh, I haven't dodged anything.
I suppose if sticking your head in the sand isn't considered dodging, I would suppose that you are right. But I don't like to suppose.

Quote:
How is that possible when we have obama, 100% of the time, dragging his contingent away from family on Christmas,
Rene,

There are hundreds of thousands of people in the service of the nation who work on Christmas. There are millions of non Federal employees who do as well. The question that you insist on dodging is your assumption that every member of the president's detail works every Christmas as oppose to some working on Christmas, others drawing the detail on 2010 and still others in 2011! You also assume that every Secret Service Agent assigned to the President is a Christian, perhaps there are a few Jews, Muslims, and Buddhist who could give a rat's ass about Christmas.

Just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies