Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 05:26 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Don't many many people in the military work far, far, far away from their families? Makes your point mute doesn't it.
That was brought up early in the thread, which the OP ignored, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 05:29 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Living it up? That's what you think these people will be doing? Frolicking on the beach, tanning in the sun, taking their leisure around the island?

Please, they are not there to party down, but to protect and serve the man who has taken them away from their families for three years running.

Lets see, Security Detail in Hawaii vs Security Detail in Afghanastan

And the Thousands of Men and Women who have been fighting in the middle East for the last 8 years were not? OMFG.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:30 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
I assume you found the passage.

I would assume those that work WH detail live in the AREA or close to it, wouldn't you? Working shifts is much easier an hour away than say, 5000 miles. See, I KNEW you'd be coming up with another deflection.
And you are making a giant and faulty leap in assumption. The Secret Service come from all over and might want to "go home for the holidays" in any part of the U.S.A. including Alaska and Hawaii. We have 3,200 agents, after all, and they all weren't born and raised in D.C. or even based there 365 days a year.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-19-2011 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: off topic/discussing moderation

Old 12-19-2011, 05:32 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
<snip>perhaps there are a few Jews, Muslims, and Buddhist who could give a rat's ass about Christmas.

Just a thought.
I posted something very similar to what you said but I can't seem to find it now....hmmmm

Old 12-19-2011, 05:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
That was brought up early in the thread, which the OP ignored, of course.
Right, I've only addressed it about 5 times. Just like scrolling down to the relevant passage in the book, looks like some have a hard time finding this as well, even though I've posted it like I said about 5 times.

Easier to ignore that way.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Lets see, Security Detail in Hawaii vs Security Detail in Afghanastan

And the Thousands of Men and Women who have been fighting in the middle East for the last 8 years were not? OMFG.
Deflection, off topic...again. Been addressed....see, the point is NOT the millions that work on Christmas, the point is the man in the WH, having so little regard for those that protect and serve him that for three years in a row, they are without their families and loved ones on Christmas.

Quote:
No she didn't, she reported it.
Addressed it plenty of times, just like the above post.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:38 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I posted something very similar to what you said but I can't seem to find it now....hmmmm
That reminds me that for over 10 years I used to volunteer to work on Christmas because I didn't have kids and wanted my co-workers to have the time off. If I could figure that out, I'll bet any single/childless Secret Service man or woman could do that same. Just saying.......

Old 12-19-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
What deflection? How is it off topic? Your faux outrage is on Service Men being required to report to Service Duty for the Christmas Holiday, it appears YOU as well as your complaint and attempt to shut down anyone who points out your hypocricy did not anticipate common sense posters in pointing out our SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN who have been taken away from their families for the last 8 years.
No it's not. WHERE did you get that idea? Let me guess, you haven't read the thread?

See,it's all about obama and HIS inconsideration for those that work for him, unlike the previous 3, maybe 4 presidents.

The difference is stark.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:47 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
No it's not. WHERE did you get that idea? Let me guess, you haven't read the thread?

See,it's all about obama and HIS inconsideration for those that work for him, unlike the previous 3, maybe 4 presidents.

The difference is stark.
The Secret Service are on the same tax payers roll as the Military. No matter how you attempt to keep this about Obama without appearing hypocritical its not working. Now who is the selfish &astard that selfishly kept our Men and Women away from their families during Christmas?

Old 12-19-2011, 06:06 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,393,394 times
Quote:
Yet another faux outraged hypocritical thread. Again, THOUSANDS of our Men and Women have spent numerous Christmas away from their families, losing life and limb and here we have a thread bytching about Secret Service men living it up in Hawaii during Christmas, with or without their families? And you ask how is this thread hypocritical? My goodness grow up.
The SS are actually professionals and have not (publicly) complained. Unlike many, they know what they signed up for and honor that agreement supremely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies