Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2011, 07:52 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
An assumption from a mother with a bias, you mean. If you disagree, fine. No one's pushing you to agree or argue, but getting personal as you have is juvenile no matter how you twist it.

Not impressed. A little amused though...

Wow, 3 whole arguments. Someone's well-studied! Frankly, I could say the same thing for you. I've heard every cliche, every example of apathy, and every complaint for the sake of convenience surrounding this entire issue. But when I tell someone "I've never seen a woman breastfeeding in public" and they say "Hyuck! Are you sure?", that's just sad. You can tell me you've heard that declaration to suggest breastfeeding in public must not be all that necessary after all, or you can tell the truth. That's up to you, as is the last word unless YOU got somethin new that I haven't heard there, slugger.
Honey, all you've been throwing out is biased assumptions yourself, and exceedingly juvenile ones, at that.
You've even had a mirror put up to your face, and you didnt even pick up on that, post #258.
Oy vey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 07:54 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Shoot.

I wanted to debate with someone who doesn't think he's the smartest, most clever guy in the room when, in fact, his lack of knowledge and experience is so appalling I'm almost embarassed for him.

But, heavy sigh, you can't always get what you want. Jagger was right.
Well, to your benefit, you couldn't have known that the Einstein of breastfeeding was participating in this...

Personally, I established a shrine with candles earlier. Tomorrow, I'll call MENSA.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:56 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Well, to your benefit, you couldn't have known that the Einstein of breastfeeding was participating in this...
You know, I've been smelling something funny in here for awhile now, how about you?

Old 12-30-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You know, I've been smelling something funny in here for awhile now, how about you?
Caroline!

See Caroline all the guys would say she's mighty fine
But mighty fine only got you somewhere half the time
And the other half either got you cursed out, or coming up short
Yeah, now dig this, now even though
You'd need a golden calculator to divide
The time it takes to look inside and realize that
Real guys go for real down to Mars girls, yeah!

I know you'd like to think your shat don't stink
But lean a little bit closer
See that roses really smell like poo-oo-ooo
Yeah, roses really smell like poo-oo-ooo

Old 12-30-2011, 08:29 PM

20 posts, read 27,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr69 View Post
Just curious what your guys thoughts are on this Target store sitin/protest about women breastfeeding in public?

I don't have all the background I guess some people are upset at how one mother in Houston was treated at a Target store so it spurred this nationwide thing.

My thinking is this, yes it's a natural thing and if there's no better area women shouldn't be forced into a bathroom store to feed their baby next to some women taking a dump but that said alot of store have spent millions of dollars instituting nursing rooms into stores, malls, etc. If an alternative suitable area is available and a women chooses to do it right out in the open it's kind of silly in my opinino.

Like any movement whether it's gays, ultra religious people, whatever, I think to each his own but it bothers me when people get militant and in your face about whatever their chosen issue is.

I'm sure there's some women who go out of their way to nurse their babies in public just to be in your face, and just to be like ya I'm pulling my boobies out in the middle of the foodcourt b/c I can!!!

You can say it's natrual, healthy for a baby, etc and that's all true but sex, pooping, peeing, etc is all natural and it's not appropriate to do it in public. I think anything that's generally considered a private thing makes some people uncomfortable seeing it in public. Some women comment that if there's no other area they dont have a problem with it but if there is use it alot of women dont want to have a discussion with their children about that issue right on the spot in the middle of the mall when they see it.

Personally, I believe that it rarely is the case that a mother should absolutely have to breastfeed their kid in public. Of course if it were an emergency and it was done very discreetly, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. But the fact is that if you feed your kid before you leave the house, you can enjoy your time more freely, of course, it would be no more than an a couple of hours or so but still it would greatly help your health and stress levels as well.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:34 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina86 View Post
Personally, I believe that it rarely is the case that a mother should absolutely have to breastfeed their kid in public. Of course if it were an emergency and it was done very discreetly, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. But the fact is that if you feed your kid before you leave the house, you can enjoy your time more freely, of course, it would be no more than an a couple of hours or so but still it would greatly help your health and stress levels as well.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:41 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,873,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina86 View Post
Breastfeeding in public is not a big deal. If you think it is then go change the law to make it illegal. Otherwise babies need to eat and some people need to get over it.

FYI, I went out this afternoon to shop for groceries. My baby cried in hunger. Rather than disturb the store with her cries, I found a quiet corner of the store with a bench and nursed her. A passerby may have gotten a glimpse of breast here and there. Somehow the world did not come to end nor did the country suddenly become a less civilized place. Both my stress level and that of my baby were greatly reduced by the act of feeding her.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:55 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,392,191 times
One last time, kshe, vamos, challenging the logic behind dismissing an idea and suggesting that people commit to the idea are two entirely different things. You know the difference here, and you're just pretending not to, again to be juvenile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
FYI, I went out this afternoon to shop for groceries. My baby cried in hunger. Rather than disturb the store with her cries, I found a quiet corner of the store with a bench and nursed her. A passerby may have gotten a glimpse of breast here and there. Somehow the world did not come to end nor did the country suddenly become a less civilized place. Both my stress level and that of my baby were greatly reduced by the act of feeding her.
But you already had disturbed the store with her cries. I'm not trying to offend you, so please don't take it that way. But why does a baby have to be crying in hunger in the first place, except for maybe at night when you're asleep? That's another great thing about feeding at home. You can hear every little whimper, so as to much better determine when they're getting hungry.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:10 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,873,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
One last time, kshe, vamos, challenging the logic behind dismissing an idea and suggesting that people commit to the idea are two entirely different things. You know the difference here, and you're just pretending not to, again to be juvenile.

But you already had disturbed the store with her cries. I'm not trying to offend you, so please don't take it that way. But why does a baby have to be crying in hunger in the first place, except for maybe at night when you're asleep? That's another great thing about feeding at home. You can hear every little whimper, so as to much better determine when they're getting hungry.
Do you know anything at all about babies?

They cry. That's right. There are babies in the world and they cry. When they cry people feed them. You really need to get over it. I'm not going to stay home for the next two years because you seem unable to cope with these facts.

My baby cried for about thirty seconds. I took her out of her carriage, held her, found a place to sit with her and fed her. Why would any rational human being be offended at those actions?

There's something disturbed here oh yeah . . .

Old 12-30-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Do you know anything at all about babies?

They cry. That's right. There are babies in the world and they cry. When they cry people feed them. You really need to get over it. I'm not going to stay home for the next two years because you seem unable to cope with these facts.

My baby cried for about thirty seconds. I took her out of her carriage, held her, found a place to sit with her and fed her. Why would any rational human being be offended at those actions?

There's something disturbed here oh yeah . . .
You answered your own question!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies