Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 10:54 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I'm well aware of how the cervix works.
Apparently not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 11:07 PM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
What's redundant?

Women know what being pregnant is? What does that mean?

Women who have abortions don't get an u/s? What kind of a quack would go into a uterus willy nilly without checking it out first? The pregnancy could be ectopic or a possible non-traumatic miscarriage before abortion takes place.
what do I mean? I mean women are not stupid. we know what a pregnancy is. redundant being an ultrasound to tell us what we already know. a pregnancy test is about all you need to know if you are pregnant not an u/s

Old 01-11-2012, 11:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
What's redundant?

Women know what being pregnant is? What does that mean?

Women who have abortions don't get an u/s? What kind of a quack would go into a uterus willy nilly without checking it out first? The pregnancy could be ectopic or a possible non-traumatic miscarriage before abortion takes place.
There is no need to do an ultrasound to perform an abortion.

Quote:
Okay, STOP with the rudeness. I am not questioning that it happens, I am questioning 1) how it is really possible as far as anatomy and 2) how effective it even is/success rate.
Did you read my link? It's been done for years. Anatomically, no biggie. Just shove the object (hanger, coke bottle, crochet hook) through the cervix. It's real effective, sometimes maims the mother, too. Here's another snippet from the link:

The worst case I saw, and one I hope no one else will ever have to face, was that of a nurse who was admitted with what looked like a partly delivered umbilical cord. Yet as soon as we examined her, we realized that what we thought was the cord was in fact part of her intestine, which had been hooked and torn by whatever implement had been used in the abortion. It took six hours of surgery to remove the infected uterus and ovaries and repair the part of the bowel that was still functional.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:35 PM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Another rude comment.

I live in reality, where people take precautions so things don't happen. If you want to be irresponsible, take your licks, just don't take a life to make yours better.
you live in reality yet can't imagine women would try to self abort using hangers? "take your licks" how callous you are. this law is just more anti choice folks wanting to do everything they can to stop abortions. women are not stupid we don't need an ultrasound to tell us were pregnant

Old 01-12-2012, 12:48 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I think this statement is quite offensive. For what it's worth I have never had an unplanned pregnancy, nor have I had an abortion. That is quite irrelevant to the discussion and my stance.
Me, neither.
What would that matter?

I'd like to know and see where Areo got his stats that 50% of women who have abortions have more than one.
I'm sure he'll be happy to share.

(Since I don't read him, I hope someone will give me a heads up).

Last edited by chielgirl; 01-12-2012 at 01:41 AM..

Old 01-12-2012, 02:07 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Another rude comment.

I live in reality, where people take precautions so things don't happen. If you want to be irresponsible, take your licks, just don't take a life to make yours better.
Quote:
I've heard of it, but anatomically speaking, it would not be an easy feat.

So yourself.

"Whhhaaaa, whhhaaaa. I can make rude comments and personal attacks.....but no one else can.

Last edited by Annie53; 01-12-2012 at 03:19 AM..

Old 01-12-2012, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Why go in to any major decision blind?

You want full disclosure before people get pregnant with unwanted pregnancies, let them have full disclosure when they are.

Who is it hurting? Other than those who don't understand what they are aborting?

I'm pro-abortion. Get rid of it if you can't handle it. Please, don't bring another life into this world that I and everyone else has to pay for if you can't afford the child or a child you're going to hate if you CAN afford the child...and then the kid ends up a serial killer b/c you suck as a parent.

Abort away.

Please.

Just be well informed, don't turn a blind eye and say you were "informed". I don't see why there is a problem with seeing a blob of cells you are about to abort?
That extra $150-$350 needed for an unnecessary unltrasound will just put more women and children on the public dole for YOU to pay for.

Many low income women can barely scrape together enough money for an abortion as it is....add another couple hundred bucks to the procedure then the taxpayer can pay and pay and pay instead.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:33 AM

Quote:
If I didn't have a DH, I wouldn't have gotten pregnant to begin with. If I did somehow get myself pg before I was married, I would have made it work with the guy or moved back home to my parents' house.
And many women can't get the guy to help and don't have parents to run home to.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:25 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
No - but the abortion issue is ALWAYS overrun with religious viewpoints and the need to oppose one religious viewpoint on all citizens/residents.
You brought religion to the table not me

Old 01-12-2012, 03:27 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
So you can't make a sacrifice but you expect others to do the same?

That's what it boils down to.
You just hate people who want life protected. thats what it boils down to
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies