Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 02:22 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,570,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Women, if you are married to or involved with a man who listens to Rush on a regular basis I would suggest that it tells you what that man actually feels about women because no man who respects women, or himself for that matter, would be able to stand listening to a man who regularly mocks women, calls them dirty names, and finds it funny to attempt to humiliate them on a regular basis. I would suggest that we boycott all who support such hatred toward us.....and that includes husbands.

Men, if you are married to a woman who listens to Rush and enjoys the humiliation I would suggest you find her help.
I agree. And women if you are involved with such a man insist that he use a condom every time he is engages in sex so that he can learn what life was like before birth controll pills.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:23 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Maybe it just took the first few sponsors to leave to motivate these others to follow suit. Sponsors waiting it out may risk being viewed with the attitude of "what's taking you so long?"

AOL's Facebook announcement was curious:

"At AOL one of our core values is that we act with integrity. We have monitored the unfolding events and have determined that Mr. Limbaugh's comments are not in line with our values."

Yeah, that's integrity, monitoring a situation for days to see which way it's blowing to then decide what your values are! Core, indeed!
That is funny. Convenient principles. What does that bring Limpblubber's advertiser loss up to, 8 is it?

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
Publicly pulling advertising from a controversial show over some outrage is..... advertising.

People are so easy!

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Rush said it was a mistake to use the words he did...
A non-apology, if ever there was one. But at least he figured out whose fault it was: The liberals made him do it! Poor thing.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:25 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I have to give huge respect to Imus on this one for manning up and telling it like it is against that vial animal Limbaugh.

Imus hits it out of the park calling out Limbaugh as being "an insecure pig" "pill poppin' pinhead" "he has no guts, he's a punk" and "he's a coward"

Don Imus Calls Rush Limbaugh An 'Insincere Pig' For 'Vile, Personal Attack' On Sandra Fluke

Glad to see there is at least some sane people on the right still around
Imus presenting an opinion on Limbaugh? Where the heck was Larry Flynt while all this was going on?

Old 03-05-2012, 02:25 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
Did she pull the $3000 figure out of her loose vagina? Law school is 3 years, birth control per year would be $600 at the high end.

Birth control pills cost anywhere from $15-$50 each month according to https://www.plannedparenthood.org/he...-pill-4228.htm

Here's the cost for attending Georgetown law school. https://www.law.georgetown.edu/admissions/JDFAQs.htm
"Tuition for the 2011-2012 academic year is $46,865 for the Full-time program and $33,500 for the Part-time program (*Entering part-time students carry 20 credits for the first year.)"

How can her friend(who is married) afford $47k for law school but not $600 for birth control????

Here's the video if you guys didn't catch it the first time.
Sandra Fluke Opening Statement (C-SPAN) - YouTube
Gee, do ya think you can just pick up BC pills at the quick mart?
[MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-05-2012 at 07:48 PM..

Old 03-05-2012, 02:27 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
How do you know his listeners don't form their own opinions? It's not like they are out there chanting phrases like "Yes, we can" and "Hope and change" like a certain group of people were doing in 2008.
NCFE: Rush Limbaugh Audience Demographics

Quote:
Rush Limbaugh Audience Demographics

I've always wondered about the Rush Limbaugh demographic, and while I'm still looking for relatively unbiased radio statistics (there is a Vanity Fair article out there, but I'm not sure it's all that credible), I did find some stats for his website from what appears to be a credible source:

Male (76%)
Over Age Age 35 (79%)...with the majority of that being over age 50
White (95%)
Has No Kids (76%)...most likely because the kids have grown & moved out
Earns More Than $60k/Year (67%)...with the majority earning over $100k/year
Attended College/Grad School (80%
)
These are the kind of people advertisers want to stay away from.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:28 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,231,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I will not do any business with any company that drops Limbaugh advertising.

I know I am not alone.

Snapple, for example. What happened to Snapple after they dropped Howard Stern?

Snappled! | Feature | Chicago Reader

The "but they all listened" is the important part. In fact it is the only important part.

As far as Limbaugh

Quaker Oats ended up losing $1.4 BILLION in their Snapple deal. But the good part was when they stopped advertising on Stern and Limbaugh they didn't offend anyone.
Nothing in the linked article mentions Snapple's downturn having anything to do with dropping Rush Limbaugh, other than Limbaugh himself claiming it. There is a lot of analysis of what Quaker Oats did wrong with the Snapple brand, which the article claims was "sliding" before the Quaker Oats purchase. Also, "The sale was hailed immediately as a debacle in the business press, and that opinion was confirmed in the democracy of Wall Street. The day the sale was announced Quaker stock fell 10 percent."

Rush gives himself too much credit, no surprise.

Snapple is still around, by the way.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:28 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
He forgot the part about Limbaugh being a complete hypocrite.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:32 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,570,522 times
Yes, and they aren't your local garage. Those folks spend big bucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies