Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 02:07 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
He already aired much of her press conference ("testimony") and he didn't lie about any of it. I heard it. He made fun of it, but he didn't lie about it.

Who is the "they" who hate women?

Rush doesn't hate women. I don't hate women either, and I seriously doubt any of his listeners do. But that isn't what this was about.

It may also surprise you to know that of all the women that have called Rush during and since activist Flukes dog and pony show, not one has called to tell Rush they were offended by his comments (yes, there are many women who listen to his show). Not one. They have been even today in support of him, and at least one I heard told him he should have made no apology, that none was needed.

So, you think Rush lies? Have you heard your President speak ... ever? Does he ever tell the truth?

Have you heard Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid? Are they truthful?

I listen to Rush, because I know I'm getting the truth about what the left the progressives in our government are doing.
I said "" NOT EDITED"" and entire....and unless he made up a new version he IS lying about what she said.....but you keep believing him like a good little misogynist, (only a misogynist would approve the things he said about Fluke....or Really Stupid People.....)

And women are quite capable of being stupid and misogynistic also as Repugnant women have proven...

Old 03-05-2012, 02:08 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Haha with such a large audience, companies are probably psyched that other companies are dropping their ad spots.

Rush is the most popular radio show host....ever. He helps many people form opinions on issues usually pushed by the liberal media complex, which includes Fox News. You cannot stop his influence among Americans.
I will not do any business with any company that drops Limbaugh advertising.

I know I am not alone.

Snapple, for example. What happened to Snapple after they dropped Howard Stern?

http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago...ent?oid=893549

Quote:
And yes, the other targets of Stern's attentions would complain bitterly to Snapple, the sponsor. But Snapple didn't care.

"He was nothing but good for us, very helpful in the development of Snapple," says Greenberg. "We took a lot of heat sometimes for him, from women's groups, gay groups, black groups, Jewish groups...but they all listened."
The "but they all listened" is the important part. In fact it is the only important part.

As far as Limbaugh

Quote:
"I did not know who Rush was," says Greenberg. But the price was attractive. "Practically nothing," Greenberg remembers. Snapple hired Rush Limbaugh.

Limbaugh, almost needless to say, feels personally responsible for the success of the brand, a fact that would be better known were it not for the powerful media conspiracy and its intricate web of lies arrayed against him.

"In all these stories of what has happened to Snapple, you can't find any reference to the fact that they used to advertise nationally on this program," Limbaugh said on the air earlier this year. "And when that stopped, so went national sales. And you people all know it."
Quaker Oats ended up losing $1.4 BILLION in their Snapple deal. But the good part was when they stopped advertising on Stern and Limbaugh they didn't offend anyone.

Kind of reminds me of the Howard Stern movie "Private Parts" and the exchange between the researcher and Stern's nemesis Pig Vomit

Quote:
Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.
Pig Vomit: How can that be?
Researcher: Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."
Pig Vomit: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?
Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.
Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?
Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."
Poor OWS crowd, it isn't the advertisers, it's the listeners.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:09 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
The *******s are really beginning to be hypcrites

What has happened to the American liberal? They USED to stand for justice and progress.... now they stand for hate, bigotry, vile rhetoric and regression

Sad....

By the way, where was this outrage at the numerous hate speech utterances from leftist commentators towards conservatives...... crickets....

Faux outrage from the hateful left of today...another reason I would never associate myself with these vile pigs

Old 03-05-2012, 02:13 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
[quote=dreamofmonterey;23270860]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Whoa, now wait just a minute here ... you said "divisive hate mongering?"

Have you not listened to your President, Mr. Barack Obama? Have you not listened to Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid?

Have you not listened to your "Occupy" friends, who think nothing of trashing public and private property in the name of "free speech" (which it isn't).

What Rush said was nothing. Nothing at all.[/quote]

presume much?.
I dont belong to Occupy, I teach and work 70 hrs a week. What do you do?.

Topic at hand is people's opinions on Rush. More sponsors are dropping him like poison, obviously for good reason.
Referring to "opinions on Rush, it appears to me that the people here are very hypocritical. That is what I was commenting on. I believe pointing out the hypocricy of those opinions is on topic. Or am I only permitted to post if I agree with you?

70 hrs a week? Sure. I really believe that! And your underpaid too.

I'm a freelance Web designer, since you asked.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:14 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,231,338 times
Maybe it just took the first few sponsors to leave to motivate these others to follow suit. Sponsors waiting it out may risk being viewed with the attitude of "what's taking you so long?"

AOL's Facebook announcement was curious:

"At AOL one of our core values is that we act with integrity. We have monitored the unfolding events and have determined that Mr. Limbaugh's comments are not in line with our values."

Yeah, that's integrity, monitoring a situation for days to see which way it's blowing to then decide what your values are! Core, indeed!

Old 03-05-2012, 02:14 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
What's wrong with these people. Why do they need help. Can't they form their own opinions like most intelligent people do. That says a lot about his audience.
How do you know his listeners don't form their own opinions? It's not like they are out there chanting phrases like "Yes, we can" and "Hope and change" like a certain group of people were doing in 2008.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:18 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,750 times
Did she pull the $3000 figure out of her loose vagina? Law school is 3 years, birth control per year would be $600 at the high end.

Birth control pills cost anywhere from $15-$50 each month according to https://www.plannedparenthood.org/he...-pill-4228.htm

Here's the cost for attending Georgetown law school. https://www.law.georgetown.edu/admissions/JDFAQs.htm
"Tuition for the 2011-2012 academic year is $46,865 for the Full-time program and $33,500 for the Part-time program (*Entering part-time students carry 20 credits for the first year.)"

How can her friend(who is married) afford $47k for law school but not $600 for birth control????

Here's the video if you guys didn't catch it the first time.
Sandra Fluke Opening Statement (C-SPAN) - YouTube

Old 03-05-2012, 02:18 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I am a conservative and I don't thrill over Rush Limbaugh.. he is over the top with his speech , his words are harsh and too coarse for my taste.
Right. I've heard that before.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:19 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Do you agree with him?
Yes, but how many talk shows hosts, with a show on the air for over 20 years, never says something he or she regretted later?

Rush did say he stooped down to the level of liberals and that is true. Witness the numerous name calling directed toward Rush on this and other threads.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:19 PM

576 posts, read 586,254 times
He's right now and he was right when he made the comments that got him in trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies