Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 04:08 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,279,111 times

Advertisements

By the way, I am making no judgement about what happened, but the way the media is reporting this without getting facts straight is outrageous. I wonder if they are fanning the outrage to sell papers and make a profit.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:08 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,374,202 times
Link to police report
http://cnninsession.files.wordpress....olicreport.pdf

Old 03-22-2012, 04:09 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
He's gonna walk.
Not neccessarliy. Look how many people are calling for his head. No the Police Chief stepped down. They may see the facts supporting his story but they also might feel so much pressure and worry about retaliation that they just might charge the guy.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:11 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,279,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
None of what you posted is important; block watch boy started the entire thing and then shot somebody.

And by the way, they are showing a 4-5 year old picture constantly of the Martin boy when I hear he was a very athletic 6' 3" man at this point. That is interesting to me as well. Press seems to be fanning the flames to sell papers IMO.

8,091 posts, read 5,909,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Not neccessarliy. Look how many people are calling for his head. No the Police Chief stepped down. They may see the facts supporting his story but they also might feel so much pressure and worry about retaliation that they just might charge the guy.
it don't matter who is calling for his head....

If in fact there are witnesses that saw Trayvon Martin on top of Zimmerman punching him in the face, repeatedly...WHILE Zimmerman screamed for help???

Bottom line - he is going to walk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
By the way, I am making no judgement about what happened, but the way the media is reporting this without getting facts straight is outrageous. I wonder if they are fanning the outrage to sell papers and make a profit.
Agreed. And honestly, ive heard people talking about this on the radio and what not and not once did I hear anything about what you posted and what was in that video. It is a shame that much of the media and big mouths are getting people riled up because they wont inform people of all the information.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
it don't matter who is calling for his head....

If in fact there are witnesses that saw Trayvon Martin on top of Zimmerman punching him in the face, repeatedly...WHILE Zimmerman screamed for help???

Bottom line - he is going to walk...
Ok. If the witnesses back his story than it sure would be nice if the police held a conference and the media would inform everyone of the facts/info. I guarantee I wasnt the only one that wasnt aware of some of the things RCCB posted. Sure, some people wont give a damn but some will.

3,436 posts, read 2,948,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
There was this:

On March 16th, the Sanford police department released new details to the Orlando Sentinel.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/orlandowesh-16122564/sanford-police-speak-out-in-trayvon-martin-case-28640523.html#crsl=%252Fvideo%252Forlandowesh-16122564%252Fsanford-police-speak-out-in-trayvon-martin-case-28640523.html

Once again, these details have been ignored or changed by the media.

1.The witness reports that George Zimmerman was on the ground and Trayvon is on top of him punching him.

2.The witness says that George Zimmerman was screaming and yelling for help.

3.Police arrive and find Zimmerman bleeding on his face and the back of his head. He also has had grass stains on his back. All this confirms the story told by Zimmerman and the witness.

4.Police play the 911 tape for Trayvon Martin’s father, who tells police that the voice screaming is not the voice of his son.

The neighborhood this took place in has seen a lot of crime. Would you be surprised to learn that there were eight burglaries, nine thefts, and a shooting just in the past year? In fact, the local homeowners’ association reports that George Zimmerman actually caught one thief and aided in the apprehension of other criminals. The Miami Herald wrote about this on March 17th.

And there is also this:

Quote:
We were in the kitchen, with the window open and the blinds pulled. So we had complete view from outside,” Cutcher explained.
Cooper asked her what was the first thing she saw.
“By that time, you hear like a shot — like some other noise,” Lamilla described.
“You heard the gunshot?” Cooper interjected.
“Yeah, I run away from my backyard and when I just get into the point of my — like my screen, it stopped me, I look at the person on his knees on top of a body,” Lamilla elaborated.
RELATED: Lawrence O’Donnell On Zimmerman 911 Tape: ‘I Believe What We Have Here Is Evidence Of A Police Cover-Up’
“So you saw Mr. Zimmerman on top of Trayvon Martin?” Cooper questioned.
“Trayvon, exactly,” Lamilla said.
“When you say on top of, how so?” the CNN anchor pressed.
“Straddling him,” Cutcher replied.
“His legs were straddling him?” Cooper followed up.
“One on each side, on his knees, with his hands on his back. I immediately thought, okay, obviously if it’s the shooter, he would have ran,” Cutcher detailed. “I thought he’s holding the wound, helping the guy taking a pulse, making sure he’s okay. When she called to him three times, everything okay, what’s going on? Each time he looked back, didn’t say anything and then the third time he finally said, ‘just call the police.’
Anderson Cooper Interviews Witnesses To Trayvon Martin Shooting | Mediaite

And this:

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

I don't believe anything the Sanford Police Department has to say...

8,091 posts, read 5,909,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
None of what you posted is important; block watch boy started the entire thing and then shot somebody.
"Block watch boy" started what???

So wait...if "block watch boy" would have gotten his face beat in for following him because he was looking out for his community.....would he have deserved it????

Old 03-22-2012, 04:14 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,008,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
He may have followed him but what he posted is not being talked about or mentioned much. It is important. Many make it seem like he confronted him briefly and just shot him. Something happened before that?

I dont think people need to be calling for anyone's head, as many of the media and race baiters are. Let's get all the facts out there. There is a reason the guy wasnt charged (yet) because at least to the prosecutor and police, Zimmerman's story may be accurate.

Now you have head racist Farrakhan calling for possible "retaliation". How about we dont jump to anymore conclusions until we know all the facts.

Too late. On the HBO's the Wire, a gangbanger once said something that was pretty profound...

"If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie"

You can't call off the dogs of war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies