Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 01:12 PM

20,947 posts, read 19,093,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Where else in the civilized world can you shoot a child to death and get away with it because of an arbitrary law that allows you to murder at will and then claim self-defense to cover it up?

The complicity and blatant corruption of the Sanford police department in handling the case is just further salt in the wound. Things like this are not supposed to happen in a civilized first-world country. Florida is an embarrassment to America.

The fact that Zimmerman is walking free today is not just a great injustice, it's a damning indictment on us as a nation. If this man isn't brought to justice for this murder, America can no longer claim to be the champion of the free world when its own citizens can't even walk the streets in their own neighborhood without been murdered because of the color of their skin.
He is not going to get away with it.

We have due process.

Police departments make mistakes (both black and white).

Case closed.

41,325 posts, read 45,033,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I see that you are continuing to make false statements without providing proof.

I'll ask again: Do you have links that you can provide that shows a case where a black man killed another black man and at the scene of the crime he claimed self-defense and was free to leave?

Do you? Until you do, stop wasting everyone's time with this BS position. You really should be ashamed of yourself, but you're too blinded by self-hatred to see it. Your younger brother is growing up in PG County, MD...you'd better hope that private citizens don't label him the way that you are so quick to label others.
You're leaving out a BUNCH of facts here.

Zimmerman CALLED the police before confronting the kid, saying there was a suspicious character in the neighborhood. Doesn't really jibe with a guy out to gun down blacks, does it?

Zimmerman was known to the police as he interacted with them regularly.

Zimmerman was bloodied and beaten too I believe.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...black-teenager

Quote:
Police found blood on his face and the back of his head as well as grass on the back of his shirt.

That jibes with what Cheryl Brown's teenage son witnessed while walking his dog that night.

Police said they twice tried to interview her without success, and the third time, she wrote a very short sworn statement for her roommate that was consistent with Zimmerman's account.
I believe the media is intentionally leaving out details that are known.

18,630 posts, read 19,462,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I see that you are continuing to make false statements without providing proof.

I'll ask again: Do you have links that you can provide that shows a case where a black man killed another black man and at the scene of the crime he claimed self-defense and was free to leave?

Do you? Until you do, stop wasting everyone's time with this BS position. You really should be ashamed of yourself, but you're too blinded by self-hatred to see it. Your younger brother is growing up in PG County, MD...you'd better hope that private citizens don't label him the way that you are so quick to label others.
Low on facts here come the personal attacks. Self-hate?

I maybe Black but I don't belong to your ethnic or dysfunctional cultural group (I'm not understanding why Africn Americans are confused by this notion?)

I've long ago distanced myself from an African-American identification and embraced a Ghanaian American identity. I want to be associated with achievers not losers who live in the wealthiest country on the planet but whine about everything.

6,476 posts, read 7,338,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Only people at fault are Zimmerman and the state legislatures that left too many loopholes and vague statements in their law. Anyone with common sense knows this isn't "stand your ground" in what happened to this kid but unfortunately we have seen other cases in Florida that leave authorities bound by how the law is written and unable to act effectively.
One can only blame the 'Stand Your Ground' law credibly IF Zimmerman claims protection under it and is acquitted. It's a logical non sequitur to implicate the SYG law before this case has been concluded.

19,792 posts, read 13,987,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
So in essence, you do not want the American citizens armed?
That's not what he said. Read again.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is true that Obama's actions have been more pro-gun than any republican president I can remember. Anti-gun people might keep that in mind in Nov.

23,838 posts, read 23,174,812 times
It's very vile in the Leftist Universe. I lurk on political forums and chat rooms where Leftists hang out and it is downright mindboggling what is said in those forums. Lots of misinformation, lies, and willful ignorance.

11,944 posts, read 14,812,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Hot diggity dog! Yeah, and people need to do the same thing when careless drivers kill people, to, ya noed boi!
There it is-- I guess according to the stand your ground law any black feeling in any way slightly threatened by anyone in this gated community is equally entitled to open fire with impunity. So they want the law only when it applies to themselves and not to others? How about a black militia with a Zimmerman mindset start patrolling the streets of Sanford full time?

Old 03-23-2012, 01:14 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,764,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Whattttttttttttttttttttttt?
Imagine your son or daughter have been gunned down by a 'wannabee" cop.
Imagine waiting for your child to return from the store and waiting and waiting and waiting.
Imagine having to contact the Police to report your child missing and then being visited by local cops to tell you that they are dead from a shooting.
Imagine knowing that your child had a cell phone and yet the police could not even be bothered to contact you about your child's death.
Imagine having the person who shot your child walking around free because of just his story of 'self defence" even though there is no evidence to back that up.
Imagine Imagine that you would say.... "hey that is OK, I have lost my child but no investigation is needed"..............................
YOU would be jumping up and down demanding justice and saying that you were treaed badly..... unless you didn't care about your family..........
The stuff you post is true about anyone/family who has suffered the same fate, regardless of the way they died. How did the police treat Tryvons parents any differently?

Old 03-23-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Good example for my earlier comment.

I mean it literally leaves ways open to legaly kill someone: Example, I don't like "John" so I decide I'm going to agitate him next time I see him on the street. I succeed in agitating John so he comes towards me (maybe saying "what did you say about me?"). I suddenly "fear" for my life and shoot the guy. You would have a good chance getting off in this scenario under the current law.
Wrong, wrong, wrong. But 'John' might be excused for clobbering you since you rolled up on him.
In the case you posit, the SYG law would be 'John's' best friend and your worst enemy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies