Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2012, 03:12 PM

775 posts, read 742,988 times

Advertisements

I love how the OP desperately tries to deny that he is being racist.

"Nu uh, I never said that blacks are murderers...it's just that they're more likely to kill you!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 03:18 PM

73,124 posts, read 62,780,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci Fi Fan View Post
I love how the OP desperately tries to deny that he is being racist.

"Nu uh, I never said that blacks are murderers...it's just that they're more likely to kill you!"
Sad, but true. Being Black, I resent this kind of talk. I'm Black and I'm not likely to kill anyone. I'm not a sociopath, I'm not in a gang, or anything like that. Unfortunately, people who are racist will ignore that.

And from what I hear, the OP himself is Black. This is the way I see it. As a Black man, he will be seen as a Black man, first a foremost. He will be subjected to the same kind of prejudice and discrimination as other Black people. Kind of ironic.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:41 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,343,027 times
[quote=green_mariner;25960342]Sad, but true. Being Black, I resent this kind of talk. I'm Black and I'm not likely to kill anyone. I'm not a sociopath, I'm not in a gang, or anything like that. Unfortunately, people who are racist will ignore that.

And from what I hear, the OP himself is Black. This is the way I see it. As a Black man, he will be seen as a Black man, first a foremost. He will be subjected to the same kind of prejudice and discrimination as other Black people. Kind of ironic.[/QUOT

I just ignore the poor confused African dude since he does not realize that he is looked at as a n*gg*r and not as an individual by most racist

Old 09-06-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
I just ignore the poor confused African dude since he does not realize that he is looked at as a n*gg*r and not as an individual by most racist
Not realizing what you mentioned is quite sad. I sometimes find myself vexed about what goes one within a particular segment of the Black population doing alot of stupid things. I express my concerns, but I don't go on self-hate rants. I know that in the end, not living up to the stereotype won't free me from the racist attitudes of those who perceive Blacks as only bad. I also care about what goes on. I want things to be better for Black people.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:03 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,932,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Not realizing what you mentioned is quite sad. I sometimes find myself vexed about what goes one within a particular segment of the Black population doing alot of stupid things. I express my concerns, but I don't go on self-hate rants. I know that in the end, not living up to the stereotype won't free me from the racist attitudes of those who perceive Blacks as only bad. I also care about what goes on. I want things to be better for Black people.
This is cold but; I'm going to say it anyways:

What American Blacks are dealing with follows the history of my people till about maybe 1960; the "Irish". More hood rat Blacks will have to be killed or in jail before the good ones will dare to step up and do the right thing. Google "No Irish Need Apply". Sound familiar?

Old 09-06-2012, 08:04 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,185,895 times
When are people going to stop with this nonsense? Just because you and your race statistically commit a crime less, doesn't absolve you from anything. People doing nothing but vilifying their own or other races does nothing. Not a damn thing.

I don't care who it comes from, whites, blacks, etc.

Pathetic.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
This is cold but; I'm going to say it anyways:

What American Blacks are dealing with follows the history of my people till about maybe 1960; the "Irish". More hood rat Blacks will have to be killed or in jail before the good ones will dare to step up and do the right thing. Google "No Irish Need Apply". Sound familiar?
You've said this before, and yes, I do find it cold. Why should I have to pay for the mistakes that people who look like me make?

I understand there were quite a few Irish criminals. I also understand that many people didn't like the Irish regardless. I know about the "No Irish Need Apply" signs. I am quite aware as I've learned about this in school. This made it harder for Irish people to get jobs.

I also don't think hood rats dying off will work. This is why. It worked for the Irish because the Irish were eventually accepted as "White". Also, I believe the Catholic Church had something to do with it. If you knocked up your girlfriend, you had to marry her. I think alot of Irish basically turned their backs on the hood rats. The Irish knew their culture and weren't as worried about their own identity. It doesn't work that way today. What is happening among a segment of the Black American population that is causing the problems is a bit different. At one point, 10,000 African-American men were murdered in one year. I don't know what percentage of those persons who died were hood rats. However, in order for the hood rat element to die out, jail and death aren't going to work as easily. Why? Before 1960, the illegitimate birth rate was much lower. Shot gun weddings existed. The Irish were in a similar position earlier, and any hood rat element that existed died out beforehand. Today, the illegitimate birth rate is very high and shot gun weddings are a thing of the past. The hood rat element isn't dying out because the culture is in the music, it's on TV, it's popularized among the young. Also, the illegitimate birth rate isn't helping. With every hood rat being killed on the street, someone else comes up to replace him. It isn't 1960, things have changed since this. There are fewer jobs than there used to be. Divorce rates, illegitimate birth rates, have all risen.

The prisons are not what they used to be. The prisons are basically societies unto themselves. Back in the day, prisons were meant to isolate you from society, make you pay for your crime. You worked like a dog on the roads or in the fields. This worked on the hood rat Irish. Today, prisons are basically revolving doors. Prisons basically function like cities behind walls. For some, prisons are easier to live in than being on the outside. Many people have become institutionalized and don't know how to live outside of prison.

What it is going to take is complete and radical change. People need work. Idle hands are the devil's handiwork. A return to moral values is in dire need. Decent, moral, law-abiding, family oriented African-Americans are doing everything they can to get away from that hood rat element. They know it will harm their children. There are people like my father who would strive far and long to get their kids away from the trash. This is 2012, not 1960.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:24 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,932,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You've said this before, and yes, I do find it cold. Why should I have to pay for the mistakes that people who look like me make?

I understand there were quite a few Irish criminals. I also understand that many people didn't like the Irish regardless. I know about the "No Irish Need Apply" signs. I am quite aware as I've learned about this in school. This made it harder for Irish people to get jobs.

I also don't think hood rats dying off will work. This is why. It worked for the Irish because the Irish were eventually accepted as "White". Also, I believe the Catholic Church had something to do with it. If you knocked up your girlfriend, you had to marry her. I think alot of Irish basically turned their backs on the hood rats. The Irish knew their culture and weren't as worried about their own identity. It doesn't work that way today. What is happening among a segment of the Black American population that is causing the problems is a bit different. At one point, 10,000 African-American men were murdered in one year. I don't know what percentage of those persons who died were hood rats. However, in order for the hood rat element to die out, jail and death aren't going to work as easily. Why? Before 1960, the illegitimate birth rate was much lower. Shot gun weddings existed. The Irish were in a similar position earlier, and any hood rat element that existed died out beforehand. Today, the illegitimate birth rate is very high and shot gun weddings are a thing of the past. The hood rat element isn't dying out because the culture is in the music, it's on TV, it's popularized among the young. Also, the illegitimate birth rate isn't helping. With every hood rat being killed on the street, someone else comes up to replace him. It isn't 1960, things have changed since this. There are fewer jobs than there used to be. Divorce rates, illegitimate birth rates, have all risen.

The prisons are not what they used to be. The prisons are basically societies unto themselves. Back in the day, prisons were meant to isolate you from society, make you pay for your crime. You worked like a dog on the roads or in the fields. This worked on the hood rat Irish. Today, prisons are basically revolving doors. Prisons basically function like cities behind walls. For some, prisons are easier to live in than being on the outside. Many people have become institutionalized and don't know how to live outside of prison.

What it is going to take is complete and radical change. People need work. Idle hands are the devil's handiwork. A return to moral values is in dire need. Decent, moral, law-abiding, family oriented African-Americans are doing everything they can to get away from that hood rat element. They know it will harm their children. There are people like my father who would strive far and long to get their kids away from the trash. This is 2012, not 1960.
You, green mariner; will probably do Ok. Please hold your head high and stay away from the fools; they'll try to drag you down. Things WILL get better.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You, green mariner; will probably do Ok. Please hold your head high and stay away from the fools; they'll try to drag you down. Things WILL get better.
Thanks. I have a father who made sure I didn't end up in hood rat activities. This is where it will have to start. Hood rats are going to prison and dying in record numbers. However, it hasn't rid the Black population of the hood rat element. In order to do that, real, constructive changes need to occur. Bill Cosby has started something good.

Someone mentioned that there are alot of Blacks who disapprove of the hood rat element and who will stand up for the right thing, but it hasn't reached a breaking point yet(keyword "yet").

Old 09-08-2012, 07:34 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,232,458 times
I don't believe that blacks are killing at that high of a rate. But I will say that blacks, are killing each other. Whites on the other hand when they kill, the murder is much more gruesome (let's face it, it ain't us shooting up those schools and bombing buildings, since you want to take this route) With that being said, I don't fear every white person b/c of the horrific deeds they have done and do b/c I know that not every thie person is a racist. Likewise, not every black person (I'd say most are not) is a criminal so why should I as a black male has to suffer the consequences of what a small population of my race does? Also, why am I looked at as guilty because I supposedly "do not speak out". I cannot be in every black persons head, I don't know how every black person operates. All I can do is try to be the best example of a black person that I can be. I try to set be a positive example of a black male, however, I am not the poster child of one and it's not my job to be that. It's unfair that I should be lumped in that group of blacks when it has nothing to do w/ me.

JS
blogger

Last edited by pandorafan5687; 09-08-2012 at 07:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies