Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 05:25 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times

Advertisements

Oh look, NBC offers...something....in regards to that tape they deliberately edited to make Zimmerman appear racist;

NBC issues apology on Zimmerman tape screw-up - Erik Wemple - The Washington Post

Quote:
On the bad front, the statement is skimpy on the details on just how the mistake unfolded.
This was NOT a mistake, this was a deliberate editorial decision to totally, completely distort and change the context of the conversation.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:31 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Let me ask you this. A man sees someone he believes is a dangerous suspect. He calls the police and says that this suspect is acting strangely, probably on drugs and up to no good. The police dispatcher advises him to stay in his car and not to follow the person he feels might be a criminal. After all, that "suspicious person" might have a gun or a knife. What moron, when he was not in harm's way, would then chase that dangerous person, unless he planned to shoot him?
If you listen to the Zimmerman tape, he says that TM is running. Do you think maybe, just maybe, Zimmerman didn't view TM as a threat because he was running, and ran after him to see where he was going to report TM's location to the police when they arrived, and did NOT chase him with the intent to shoot him? Did Zimmerman sound angry in the call to police, like someone who was looking to kill someone, or someone who was trying to stop the ongoing crime problem in his neighborhood?

Old 04-03-2012, 05:35 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Absolutely! What a stupid comment, "u better man up and take ur beating like a champ". If someone knocks you to the ground and is beating your head against the concrete you should man up and take your beating. LOL How low of an IQ does someone need to have to think that is a good idea?
low enough that it probably wouldn't even be damaged by having their head meet concrete numerous times..

Old 04-03-2012, 05:44 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Are you saying it's not common knowledge of what happens at puberty and when you reach adult pitch? Actually, your voice isn't fully formed until about the age of 30 either.

And ...

Analysts: Questions surround 911 call analysis in Trayvon Martin case | WTVR.com

And you've been shown this already, but there are excellent points. Not that I would expect you to read it with an open mind, but whatever.

About Those Audio Forensic Experts…

There are two sides to every story:

Audio Experts Say Voice Crying For Help Isn't George Zimmerman - Yahoo! News

Voice experts say 911 tape supports Trayvon Martin

Note the map here.

Is the voice yelling 'help' on 911 tape Trayvon Martin or George Zimmerman? - Video on msnbc.com

Old 04-03-2012, 05:49 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Okay, so you think I'm an idiot. Thank you. However, you are stating that a broken nose is a reason to shoot someone, unless you didn't actually read the post to which I was responding.

Let me ask you this. A man sees someone he believes is a dangerous suspect. He calls the police and says that this suspect is acting strangely, probably on drugs and up to no good. The police dispatcher advises him to stay in his car and not to follow the person he feels might be a criminal. After all, that "suspicious person" might have a gun or a knife. What moron, when he was not in harm's way, would then chase that dangerous person, unless he planned to shoot him?

I'm not saying Zimmerman committed murder or even shot Trayvon Martin on purpose. How would I know? However, if Zimmerman was so damn afraid of Martin because of his size, appearance, the way he was walking, etc., why did he go after him in the first place? IMHO common sense tells you that this man only felt safe following and confronting Martin because he had a 9mm holstered around his waist. If not, he was an idiot or he was lying when he claimed he looked at him as a threat. After all, he told the police Martin was running away.
A wannabe cop moron ?

A citizen who puts his own safety second to watching where a perceived 'suspicious' person goes ?

A moron who figures his gun is adequate protection ?

Seems you have gz as a moron and/or murderer.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:54 PM

409 posts, read 254,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Would this be an issue if this young man had been white, or Hispanic? Would this be an issue if the shooter had been black? That is the real crime...is that we still can't get past what color people are...

The real problem is the law, it is okay to shoot folks, if you feel threatened. According to the law, Zimmerman felt "threatened", he shot the kid. The law needs review...that is the issue.
so people shouldn't feel threatened when they are attacked and have their nose broken and head smashed on the concrete?

Old 04-03-2012, 05:54 PM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
And ... we've only been hearing one story up until now.

Thus, the links I've posted.

As for the msnbc video, no thanks. After the editing debacle, I'll choose to get my news on this particular case from other sources.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:57 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,229,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh look, NBC offers...something....in regards to that tape they deliberately edited to make Zimmerman appear racist;

NBC issues apology on Zimmerman tape screw-up - Erik Wemple - The Washington Post

This was NOT a mistake, this was a deliberate editorial decision to totally, completely distort and change the context of the conversation.
Agreed, NBC really needs to get out of the news reporting business, immediately.

This was a disgrace, just pandering to an audience they perceive as wanting more evidence that Zimmerman was awful.

I think Zimmerman certainly took some ill advised actions, and perhaps does deserved to have charges filed against him, but I want this process done in a fair, accurate and impartial manner.

All NBC did was fan the fire.

And liberals complain about FOX...

Old 04-03-2012, 06:02 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,372,825 times

Again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
Straight from the mouths of the experts who analyzed the tape:

"The experts, both of whom say they have testified in cases involving audio analysis, stressed they cannot say who was screaming. They have no samples of Martin's voice."

Who screams on 911 call in Trayvon Martin case? - CNN.com
Here's my major discrepancy with the screaming. GZ claims it was him, at least one witness says he's positive it was GZ, and beyond that, if when GZ gave his statement he was lying how would he know none of the witnesses could confirm it was TM screaming? He'd have to be pretty stupid to make up so many parts of his story when at the time he would have no way of knowing what the witnesses saw.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:03 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/post/nbc-issues-apology-on-zimmerman-tape-screw-up/2012/04/03/gIQA8m5jtS_blog.html]NBC issues apology on Zimmerman tape screw-up - Erik Wemple - The Washington Post[/url]

Sanrene, at this point almost everyone has listened to the actual tape or read the transcript. It's been available on the Sanford Police site for weeks. I posted a transcript, but there are over 2000 posts on this thread, so I don't know if I can find it.

I'm not defending any network that distorts the truth, but are you saying Fox, the station you often quote, reports events honestly and accurately?

This is why we need to get our news from several sources and then trust nobody. Seriously, I don't watch the Today Show, but do you consider that a news source anyway? I mean, is Nancy Grace a news source or Dr. Drew? They are entertainment shows. Again, not defending anyone, but on NBC news and MSNBC the actual tape was played.

Edit: You've got to admit this is funny. I found it. The post to which I'm referring where I posted the 911 tape word for word was in response to something you wrote that wasn't true. Here is is:

[url]//www.city-data.com/forum/23599720-post2624.html[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies