Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 09:09 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
No. Real men do not shoot and kill 14 year old would be burglars.
So what do they do? Hold them down until they say uncle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 09:09 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,109,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
Fine, you can have your delusions of what a "real man" is, we'll obviously never agree on that. I don't know why you're making quantum leaps in logic between masculinity and self defense, but whatever. When a kid breaks into your home then you can hug and kiss them all you want.
Why are you bringing up self defense? Did I miss the part where these 3 middle school kids were assaulting the two adult men?

Old 04-11-2012, 09:10 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Fine, you're welcome to your beliefs. Why don't you put up a sign to that effect in your front yard? Oh, and offer them milk and cookies while you're at it. Maybe provide a criminal with condoms and lube while they rape your SO or daughter. I mean, the criminal's life and well being is IMPORTANT isn't it?

Old 04-11-2012, 09:13 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
When someone puts a boot to your door to kick it in, you don't know if they are there to rob you or kill you or both. You better assume the worst.

North Richland Hills woman shot and killed in her home | www.pegasusnews.com | Dallas/Fort Worth
There's no proof that this was done by "gang bangers". This story sounds like a contract killing. Wouldn't be surprised if her husband arranged it.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
What would you do if someone was kicking your door down while you were on the other side? Would you ask how old they were? So how old should they be to make it appropriate to take action? High schoolers maybe?
I imagine if these children realized somebody was home, they would have fled instantly (they rang the doorbell to initially test if anybody was home) -- upon hearing kicking at the back door, why not scream out "You ****ers better not come in here. I got a gun"? Why not hesitate 2 or 3 seconds before firing? I imagine if these children had seen a grown man pointing a gun at them, they would have fled instantly. Why not shoot his leg?

This reminds me a bit of a story out of Colorado Springs a few years back. A guy literally shot and killed an "intruder" through a closed and locked door as he tried to get in. The "intruder" was a young, drunk guy whose designated driver accidentally dropped him off at the wrong house - the house happened to be the exact same model as his, just one block over.

This "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality is disgusting.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:32 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times
Quote:
OK, you stick to that plan. I think I'll stick to "you kick my door in, and I have no way of knowing if you're armed, how old you are, or if you mean to kill me and my family, then I'll shoot you". Agreed? It's a win-win. You pretend to be a man, and I benefit from Darwinism.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The tendency to refer to what used to be known as "burglary" as "home invasion" has contributed to an increase in hysterics and fear in this country.

A "home invasion" is when you're sitting in your living room, and armed men bust down your door, point guns at you and commit violence and steal things.

A burglary -- even at night -- is someone trying to steal your stuff.

Granted, I do believe in the "castle doctrine" in principle... but usually flashing a gun should be all that's necessary. Shoot if they don't run away or come towards you. A life (even a thiefs) outweighs the value of your flat screen. Oh, and you probably have insurance anyway.
If I am home, and you BREAK into my home, you are now in the "home invasion" territory. Am I supposed to have a nice chat about the thugs that have kicked in my LOCKED door, and see if they mean to commit violence then ask them nicely if they'll leave? They have no right to come into my home. Period. For whatever the reason. I don't go waltzing into stranger's homes - I might get shot!

Old 04-11-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
I imagine if these children realized somebody was home, they would have fled instantly (they rang the doorbell to initially test if anybody was home) -- upon hearing kicking at the back door, why not scream out "You ****ers better not come in here. I got a gun"? Why not hesitate 2 or 3 seconds before firing? I imagine if these children had seen a grown man pointing a gun at them, they would have fled instantly. Why not shoot his leg?

This reminds me a bit of a story out of Colorado Springs a few years back. A guy literally shot and killed an "intruder" through a closed and locked door as he tried to get in. The "intruder" was a young, drunk guy whose designated driver accidentally dropped him off at the wrong house - the house happened to be the exact same model as his, just one block over.

This "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality is disgusting.
No, what is disgusting is to continually call these lawbreaking thugs "children".

Old 04-11-2012, 09:42 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times
Quote:
Real mean shoot and kill unarmed middle schoolers!!!
Unarmed middle schoolers don't kick in doors on houses, criminals do.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
No, what is disgusting is to continually call these lawbreaking thugs "children".
Are 13 and 14 year olds not children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies