Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 05:31 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times

Advertisements

Don't enter someones property uninvited and your chances of being killed by a citizen go down dramatically.

I have weapons, but the best defense against home invasion is a good, loud dog!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 05:33 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Waiting for the first bleeding heart to come in and say if only the homeowner invited the little wannabe thug in, let him voice his grievances, and surrendered his property to him, the poor victim would still be alive and all would be well.
The homeowner had every right to shoot to kill.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:34 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
I think that one thing has to be said Brian...you have no idea what the intent of those 3 criminals might have been. Neither do I. And certainly, neither did the homeowner.
When there is a boot kicking in a closed and locked door there's no time to ask questions or evaluate the intentions of the unknown on the other side. That boot could belong to a 14 yo teen or a 24 yo thug with a criminal history.

North Richland Hills woman shot and killed in her home | www.pegasusnews.com | Dallas/Fort Worth

Quote:
After opening her front door to a knock at about 8 p.m. Sunday evening (Dec. 9), Marianne Wilkinson (68) was shot multiple times and died at the scene. Her husband was watching TV just a room away when the shooting occurred.

Someone reportedly saw a male wearing a hoodie leaving the scene and getting into (possibly) a gold vehicle - a pretty sketchy description at this point in a case that has every appearance of being a cold-blooded murder.
This was a 68yo lady at home shot by a supposedly gang member and has never been solved. She just opened her door in a nice peaceful neighborhood.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:39 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
When there is a boot kicking in a closed and locked door there's no time to ask questions or evaluate the intentions of the unknown on the other side. That boot could belong to a 14 yo teen or a 24 yo thug with a criminal history.

North Richland Hills woman shot and killed in her home | www.pegasusnews.com | Dallas/Fort Worth

This was a 68yo lady at home shot by a supposedly gang member and has never been solved. She just opened her door in a nice peaceful neighborhood.

That was probably a gang related killing. It was senseless...and probably an 'initiation' would be my bet.

Old 04-11-2012, 05:43 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Shirley Starks of a home owners association...commented and to para phrase...."Mr Cobler made the right choice (firing his gun) in protecting his CHILD".....

Meanwhile the local media state that Cobler was at home with his ADULT son...already things are getting twisted and that protecting the babies thing is coming out....when there was no child in the house...

Someone is already spinning and confusing the account of the incident...I am sure someone bashing in your back door does not give you much time to evaluate the treat...Probably when these children saw that the house was not empty they would have turn and fled....Guns are to readily available in America...What ever happened to the command "stop or I will shoot" Shooting and asking questions later seems to be a trend.......This might have been handle with a common old fashioned punch in the little hooligans face...unfortunate...The last thing these kid were expecting to face was a bullet.
Just when I thought I'd read the most moronic post I've ever seen on this or any other forum a new one always seems to come along to claim the title.

1. Guns are to readily available? Perhaps you've heard of Constitutional rights. I know- that pesky Constitution can be a real bear when you disagree with it.

2. Someone breaks into your house and you expect to defend yourself with:
Quote:
common old fashioned punch in the little hooligans face

The last thing you want to do is engage a home invader at close range like that. You have no idea who you're dealing with, what their intentions are, what they're capable of, or what kind of weapons they may be carrying. Good luck with that common old fashioned punch in the little hooligans face.

Quote:
The last thing these kid were expecting to face was a bullet.

Awwwwww....Po' lil' victim.
I'm sure he was a good boy who'd never, ever been in trouble and was recently turning his life around for the better. It's such a familiar tale. You and your fellow moonbats can get together and try to figure out where we failed him as a society. I'll take the option of self defense thank you very much.....

Old 04-11-2012, 05:56 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
LOL, yeah not really. I don't know anyone who likes killing other humans, I'm not really friends with any murderers or serial killers that I know of.

All that BS you posted about dead kids is nothing but dramatics, anyone who is man enough to kick in the back door of my house is man enough to get shot, period. Do I want to kill a 14 year old? Of course not. Do I value the lives of my family over anyone of any age who feels that they can kick in the door of our home? Hell yes I do. When you make the decision to endanger my family you've proven to me that you don't value your life much at all and if you don't value your life why should I?
First of all I would not live in an area or country where people go about kicking your door in..I avoid and go around such things..If parts of America are so degraded that this stuff is common and you have to be hyper vigilant all the time and need a gun by your side...that is a sad state of affairs and on the verge of being a failed state.

My life is extremely valuable...so is that of my friends and family...and strangers that I do not know...To be a peace maker you have to be skilled in warfare of all kinds...I come from a long line of skilled fighters--shrewd and cunning...If backed into a corner or someone invades my home...You are taking your life into your own hands....My hood does have some tough and scarey folks..but they dare not come near...because they know I am a good man...and if offended I can be dangerous...even though I am older.

We have a thing called the family club...it hangs out of sight...it is perfectly balanced...weighted with lead - can be swung at the end of a retractable strap - that gives it a reach of about - seven feet...It will break bones with every strike...we have never had to use it..but like a gun it is there.

BUT this type of weapon is very old school and one has to have a level of skill....My father was one of the last trained to swing a sword from horse back...and I understand close combat...If you come into my home with a gun..or other weapon...You had better be expert...if not...good bye collar bones...arms and legs....

Now those who have no power of mind...or little if not no skill in close combat...well you babies better get a gun------------I don't need one...

Old 04-11-2012, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Let me get this straight.

These guys had already kicked his door open and were coming in. He had no way of knowing if they were armed, with homicidal intent, and he needed to protect himself and his family from WHATEVER came through that door. And he had zero seconds to decide what they were and what they intended.

And you are saying that he should give them a chance, be nice to them, EXPLAIN to them what the situation was... thus giving them a chance to pin him down, even shoot him if they were armed (a very real possibility)???

All because **YOU** are sure they would have run away?

I'm not sure I've ever seen such an arrogant, conceited, and astonishingly delusional exhibit of wishful thinking in this forum before. And I've seen an awful lot of stupid things here.

Please tell me you don't vote. And have never voted. And never will.

If fruit loops like you ever start exercising the sovereign franchise, and imposing your weird dreams on the rest of us by force of law, God help us all.
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Little-Acorn again."

Old 04-11-2012, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
The police report says that none of the 3 teenagers were armed. I am not condoning criminal behavior, but he didn't answer the door and then shot them when they went to the back. Who knows what really happened?
Answer the door?

I hope you aren't in the habit of opening the door unless you know the person on the other side.....

Old 04-11-2012, 06:03 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
First of all I would not live in an area or country where people go about kicking your door in..I avoid and go around such things..If parts of America are so degraded that this stuff is common and you have to be hyper vigilant all the time and need a gun by your side...that is a sad state of affairs and on the verge of being a failed state..
This is so funny.... see my post about

This 68yo lady was in one of the nicest and safest areas of DFW. She and her home was randomly picked by some gangbanger looking for a kill.

You need to leave the country and live somewhere safe like.... er, can't think of any.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:07 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I bet the 2 that got away have a little respect now.
Doubt that they learned anything...respect is not fear...It is mutual co-operation and the transfer of power back and forth...that kind of respect you are talking about is akin to a father beating his child and screaming "I will teach you to respect me"...

Anyone who has a habitual criminal mind is to stupid to learn anything..so what you have are slightly more intelligent people killing those with less intelligence..still...Zimmerman is prime example of boarder line dummies...who are allowed to have a gun...maybe I Q tests should be done before permits are granted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies