Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 12:54 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
1. You do know the Ethiopians are black don't you.

2. Dude, really? You stereotype black women so horribly on this site it's ridiculous. You don't even believe what you typed.
I know black AMERICAN women from experience...some of those people are in my family I have nothing against black people or even black American, just saying black American women tend to be the pits.

Quote:
You claim to look Hispanic, yet random black people that don't know you come up and harass you for trying to "not be black"
When they get to hear me speak and see that I am not Latino, or if they know me, that's when the abuse starts.

Quote:
You hate Black American women and foolishly stereotype them anonymously over the internet.
When they get loud around me in person, I tell them off too.

Quote:
You have family issues. Members of both sides of your family do not like you.
That is true: I'm too black for my white family and too white for my black family. Even my father loves my half sister better than me, because she's a perfect example of Afro-Aryan breeding.

Quote:
Based upon your own description, you are probably a short version of me. I've been called everything racially ambiguous under the sun and it really hasn't bothered me. The worst "racist" thing that happened to me from "black" people was when Light skinned brothas went out of style. Sometime around the Premiere of New Jack City. lol.
I think the most racist thing blacks ever did for me was beating me almost unconscious for listening to "white music". But hey, who am I to hold a grudge against "my brothas"

Quote:
Based on your username you a probably into steampunk literature. Ha.
I most certainly do!...and that, again, is something black people hate about me: I prefer the old "nerd" culture to "ghetto gangstalicious" culture. But hey, MODERN black American culture is, frankly, disgusting anyway. Once upon a time it was something to be proud of but now?...

We went from this:

Duke Ellington: Take The "A" Train - YouTube

To this....

Nicki Minaj - Beez In The Trap (Explicit) ft. 2 Chainz - YouTube

Disgusting.

Oh, and here is a love song made possible by a mixed race person who never defined himself as black or white....so, listening to this, tell me again why I shouldn't identify with mixed race and instead should call myself the same race as Nicke Minaj?

Sweet Child O' Mine Music Video - YouTube

Old 04-18-2012, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Hermain Cain is not generalizing a whole race like you. You are taking a statement from one black rapper and acting like the entire black race sat at a round table and agreed with him.
Herman Cain IS generalizing a whole race by saying white racism isn't holding blacks back.

Quote:
First: Kanye West's statement has nothing to do with him being black. I don't know why you are trying to act like him being black has something to do with it. There are people of all races that feel the same. You clearly must think Kanye West represents the black race as a whole or something.

Second: Kanye West is far from a "Black Thug". His mother was a Professor at a university and the chair of the English department. He got A's and B's in school and lived in the suburban Oak Lawn, Illonois. He was a middle class black growing up in a 93% white community.

Looking at his background it is safe to say he does not represent blacks or share the same frame of mind as your common urban African American.
All that, and yet you have YET to say "what he said was wrong." Indeed, who is the self hating one here? Kanye West is your typical rapper: an idiot with NO talent spreading the worst of black culture...AND YES, EMINEM IS THE SAME WAY!
I hate rap with a passion...I grew up in urban, black America and always hated it. So tell me: was my biracial hearing growing up black and was his music, therefore, black music? If so...how would "the community" react to me listening to it?

Slash and Zakk Wylde guitar duel/duet - YouTube

Quote:
Just because the blacks in your family treated you badly you think all blacks are just the same. That's what I'm getting from this. You seem to have something against blacks.
And if some had a hard time with the whites in his family accepting him or her, would you say the same thing?

Let me ask you this: what do you even know about your European side? Your European heritage and your European history? You keep going ON AND ON about black this and black that, but you never say anything about your European side. I have defended African achievement on this very thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post23835817

Yet you have yet to say anything good about being half European. Why? Do you not care about your European heritage? Have you never wanted to see where your ancestors came from and see their history and experience there and YOUR culture?
I do want to see Africa someday, especially Ethiopia...do you have any urge to see where your white ancestors came from, or are you too ashamed of them, like Obama is:

"As I imagined myself following Malcolm X’s call, one line in his book stayed me. He spoke of his wish that the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, might somehow be expunged. I knew that, for Malcolm, that wish would never be incidental. I knew as well that traveling down the road to self-respect my own white blood would never recede into mere abstraction. I was left to wonder what else I would be severing if and when I left my mother at some uncharted border."
Source: Dreams from My Father, by Barack Obama, p. 80 Aug 1, 1996

Words of Barack Obama from "Dreams of my Father" « Ivory Dome

You seem to hate your white side, as if listening to the Afro-Aryans around you. You appear to be brainwashed by the black community.

I am PROUD that these were my ancestors:

The Ghana Empire - YouTube

And I am also proud of THESE ancestors, whether or not blacks have a problem with that:

HBO Rome - YouTube

There's nothing wrong with having the blood of two empires in your veins. I am a child of Romulus, and I can't deny that...oh, and there were black people in Rome too.

So what about your European heritage? Or will you deny it to make the "community" happy? I can't deny mine...my ancestors ruling the world for 2,000 years overrides giving a damn about the chumps who enslaved my other ancestors for 200 years and their absurd "one drop rule" that American blacks, with their slave mentality, still cling to

Old 04-18-2012, 03:23 AM

219 posts, read 922,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
1. What is the logic behind you implying that you believe in science by posting a 102 page study and then implying that science goes out the window by posting some random pictures of people you don't know?
I linked you and everyone else to this thread on a biodiversity created showcasing the phenotypic diversity of Nigerians, BY A NIGERIAN. Meaning that this man either knew these some of these people or their respective ethnicity (as he subdivides the photos that he post accordingly).

Quote:
I already dealt with a bogus video of supposedly pure West African women by pointing out that I knew that one if them is a half-caste and that others are skin bleachers. If you're going to post pictures of random people you need to post their names, contact information, and genetic information or at least family trees to be consistent with your "proof by science."
This is silly and I'll tell you why. Your entire premise with this issue seems to revolve around denouncing the consistent fact that "Sub Saharan Africans (code word for black Africans) have the most indigenous, varied phenotypes. You attempt to pigeon the phenotypes of these people into a the stereotypical "true Negroid" module (i.e pure black Africans only have pitch black skin, the widest of noses, and the thickest of lips), which showcases your own Westernized ignorance of Africans.

Quote:
2. You are an American claiming to know the genetic diversity of all of Africa while simultaneously admitting that Africa is the most genetically diverse continent on the planet.
I didn't claim to know "all" of anything, I was simply pointing out to you and another poster that your perspective of what a "pure black frican" looks like is ignorant bull****!

Quote:
Dear if the Suez Canal and the canals that predated it didn't exist Arabia and Africa would be the same continent and we both know the Suez Canal has only existed for a couple of hundred years. Because we (Africans) have been on this planet longer than any other group of people it is only logical to assume that we have been mixing for a very long time
Look "dear" this discussion (and your moots) is a very common one on the biodiversity forum that I linked you to above. I do not wish to derail this thread by having to school you on implications of pre-historic back migrations, (as I just had to do on another forum to a poster about a month ago). Therefore if you'd like to discuss this then please register on that site and create a thread making your silly assertions.

Quote:
Europeans and Asians have been coming into Africa for millenia. If people like the Amazigh/Berbers are part of your 100% African blood then African is essentially a vacuous term.
You are now discussing NORTH Africa, not the Igbo or Fulani whom made the assertions about earlier. No one doubts denies that these populations are "mixed". Berbers, including the Tuareg (and North Africans in general) are a mosaic of different "races" as the region has been the recipient of numerous migrations and invasions for tens of thousands of years. None the less the base population of North Africans are Sub Saharan East Africans (genetically):

Quote:
I initially mentioned at least three different West African ethnic groups that are known to have admixture: Tuaregs, Fulanis, and Igbos. You honed in one 1: Igbos.
Yes I did, because I found this to be the most ridiculous assertion of all of them (the Fulani as Well). I mean you pick, the most genetically African region on Earth (West Africa):

and make the asinine assertion that their phenotypic diversity is the result of non African admixture, when pictures of Igbo models are presented.

Oh and by the way the Fulani whom you also claimed are "admixed" are also fully African, as also shown in the exact same table in the Tishkoff 2009 study that I presented earlier.

Quote:
I will,therefore, focus on Igbos. Please note that the data from your scientific study stems from a few thousand Africans who are somehow supposed to be representative of a billion people.....
Well perhaps if you could somehow manage to savage another 10 million dollars to top the most extensive genetic study of Africans in history, then maybe I'll pay you some mind, until then I'm going to roll with Tishkoff's lab. By the way were you able to go to African Genetics International conference in which Tishkoff and a dozen other authorities of African related research met up a little over a month ago?

Quote:
Furthermore there is no evidence that any of those Igbos in the study had light skin. My non-scientific information stems from the oral history of the ethnic group which indicates that they have significant Jewish ancestry as well as present groups who still practice Judaism
Are you talking about these Igbo Jews?

and there oral tradition stating that they migrated from Isreal during antiquity? Yes I really see their standout physical features (if you mean the jew curl)

I'm pretty damn sure by now that genetic remnants from the Middle East would have been detected and noted by now in these people who claim to descend from that region, which would help verify their claim (which has some scrutiny). However as you can clearly see, in both the Tishkoff study and the map above showing the frequencies of haplogroup E, that these are amongst the most West African people on Earth (genetically).

Quote:
3. West Africa is one of the hottest places on the planet AND the single most difficult place for human life to survive.
Source please!

Quote:
If you put these two ideas together then it makes no logical sense for light skin to thrive.
YOU ARE WRONG AND IN DESPERATE NEED OF AN AFRICAN PEOPLE 101 COURSE. Here is an old archived description of an IGBO young man FRESH OFF THE BOAT from West Africa (meaning no admixture with EUROS or anyone else).

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2876/igbo.png (broken link)

YELLOW SKIN.....FRESH OFF THE BOAT!!!Go to the forum biodiversity website and PM a user by the name of Beyoku, ask him to help you under this ****.

Quote:
4.The Niger-Kordofani label that you used, as the study itself says, can be applied to half of the physical area of Africa. It is not very meaningful in and of itself.
It is an ancestral cluster, which correlates very well with the actual self identified langauge family of Africans.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbreakable View Post
I linked you and everyone else to this thread on a biodiversity created showcasing the phenotypic diversity of Nigerians, BY A NIGERIAN. Meaning that this man either knew these some of these people or their respective ethnicity (as he subdivides the photos that he post accordingly).

This is silly and I'll tell you why. Your entire premise with this issue seems to revolve around denouncing the consistent fact that "Sub Saharan Africans (code word for black Africans) have the most indigenous, varied phenotypes. You attempt to pigeon the phenotypes of these people into a the stereotypical "true Negroid" module (i.e pure black Africans only have pitch black skin, the widest of noses, and the thickest of lips), which showcases your own Westernized ignorance of Africans.

I didn't claim to know "all" of anything, I was simply pointing out to you and another poster that your perspective of what a "pure black frican" looks like is ignorant bull****!

Look "dear" this discussion (and your moots) is a very common one on the biodiversity forum that I linked you to above. I do not wish to derail this thread by having to school you on implications of pre-historic back migrations, (as I just had to do on another forum to a poster about a month ago). Therefore if you'd like to discuss this then please register on that site and create a thread making your silly assertions.

You are now discussing NORTH Africa, not the Igbo or Fulani whom made the assertions about earlier. No one doubts denies that these populations are "mixed". Berbers, including the Tuareg (and North Africans in general) are a mosaic of different "races" as the region has been the recipient of numerous migrations and invasions for tens of thousands of years. None the less the base population of North Africans are Sub Saharan East Africans (genetically):

Yes I did, because I found this to be the most ridiculous assertion of all of them (the Fulani as Well). I mean you pick, the most genetically African region on Earth (West Africa):

and make the asinine assertion that their phenotypic diversity is the result of non African admixture, when pictures of Igbo models are presented.

Oh and by the way the Fulani whom you also claimed are "admixed" are also fully African, as also shown in the exact same table in the Tishkoff 2009 study that I presented earlier.

Well perhaps if you could somehow manage to savage another 10 million dollars to top the most extensive genetic study of Africans in history, then maybe I'll pay you some mind, until then I'm going to roll with Tishkoff's lab. By the way were you able to go to African Genetics International conference in which Tishkoff and a dozen other authorities of African related research met up a little over a month ago?

and there oral tradition stating that they migrated from Isreal during antiquity? Yes I really see their standout physical features (if you mean the jew curl)

I'm pretty damn sure by now that genetic remnants from the Middle East would have been detected and noted by now in these people who claim to descend from that region, which would help verify their claim (which has some scrutiny). However as you can clearly see, in both the Tishkoff study and the map above showing the frequencies of haplogroup E, that these are amongst the most West African people on Earth (genetically).

Source please!

YOU ARE WRONG AND IN DESPERATE NEED OF AN AFRICAN PEOPLE 101 COURSE. Here is an old archived description of an IGBO young man FRESH OFF THE BOAT from West Africa (meaning no admixture with EUROS or anyone else).

YELLOW SKIN.....FRESH OFF THE BOAT!!!Go to the forum biodiversity website and PM a user by the name of Beyoku, ask him to help you under this ****.

It is an ancestral cluster, which correlates very well with the actual self identified langauge family of Africans.
Dude, you can own this guy again and again, and he's never going to get it...I knew a guy who was black and Jewish, half Ethiopian Jew and half Ashkenazi, (his Ethiopian mother converted to the Conservative Judaism of his father) and black people in America ALL THE TIME told him up and down that he was "trying to be white" and that "no black people were Jews"
No matter how many times this poor guy pulled out books and evidence, the blacks just didn't want to believe that there were black Jewish people anywhere on Earth...

...look at it this way: ever try to argue with a holocaust denier? Or a 9/11 conspiracy theorist? Or a birther (one of those Obama was born in Kenya people?) This argument is like that: no matter the mountain of evidence you have, they will believe what they want to be true.

I mean, no matter how many times I tell people that anywhere else in the world but America, I'm not black or white but a different race: Pardo in Brazil, Mulatto in Africa and the Caribbean, Coloured in South Africa etc...and no amount of evidence, logic, or common sense will make them believe that I'm anything but a black man with a white mother

Nowhere on Earth but America does that make anything remotely resembling any damn sense.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:40 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Dude, you can own this guy again and again, and he's never going to get it...I knew a guy who was black and Jewish, half Ethiopian Jew and half Ashkenazi, (his Ethiopian mother converted to the Conservative Judaism of his father) and black people in America ALL THE TIME told him up and down that he was "trying to be white" and that "no black people were Jews"
No matter how many times this poor guy pulled out books and evidence, the blacks just didn't want to believe that there were black Jewish people anywhere on Earth...

...look at it this way: ever try to argue with a holocaust denier? Or a 9/11 conspiracy theorist? Or a birther (one of those Obama was born in Kenya people?) This argument is like that: no matter the mountain of evidence you have, they will believe what they want to be true.

I mean, no matter how many times I tell people that anywhere else in the world but America, I'm not black or white but a different race: Pardo in Brazil, Mulatto in Africa and the Caribbean, Coloured in South Africa etc...and no amount of evidence, logic, or common sense will make them believe that I'm anything but a black man with a white mother

Nowhere on Earth but America does that make anything remotely resembling any damn sense.
Well, you could always emigrate to somewhere you'll be more accepted........

Old 04-18-2012, 07:28 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
1. You do know the Ethiopians are black don't you.

2. Dude, really? You stereotype black women so horribly on this site it's ridiculous. You don't even believe what you typed.

3. So from this abortion of a thread, I have noticed:

You claim to look Hispanic, yet random black people that don't know you come up and harass you for trying to "not be black"

You hate Black American women and foolishly stereotype them anonymously over the internet.

You have family issues. Members of both sides of your family do not like you.

Based upon your own description, you are probably a short version of me. I've been called everything racially ambiguous under the sun and it really hasn't bothered me. The worst "racist" thing that happened to me from "black" people was when Light skinned brothas went out of style. Sometime around the Premiere of New Jack City. lol.

Based on your username you a probably into steampunk literature. Ha.
The vast majority and dominant groups in Ethiopia are not Bantu, but that doesn't mean they are not Black.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbreakable View Post

Source please!

Here's the problem with Igbo Jew story. Jews were among the first people to have a written language. If these so called Igbo Jews can carry their traditions orally from their supposed migration from Israel why didn't they take along the writings as well?

It's hard to take people seriously who believe in myths.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:57 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,095 times
Quote:
I know black AMERICAN women from experience...some of those people are in my family I have nothing against black people or even black American, just saying black American women tend to be the pits.
That is where you would tend to be wrong. I am sorry if all the black women in your family are ghetto trash but the majority of black american women in this country are not.

Quote:
When they get loud around me in person, I tell them off too.
So you foolishly stereotype black women in public too? That can be a problem. I hope you would know that most internet slander that goes on at a site like this is not conducive to your well being if blathered off in public and directed at someone. Some people my take that as threatening.

Quote:
That is true: I'm too black for my white family and too white for my black family. Even my father loves my half sister better than me, because she's a perfect example of Afro-Aryan breeding.
The more you talk the more I see how you are projecting your family issues on the black race at large.

Quote:
I think the most racist thing blacks ever did for me was beating me almost unconscious for listening to "white music". But hey, who am I to hold a grudge against "my brothas"
I listen to white music all the time. Never got my ass beat for it. The worst thing I was called was an Oreo. Never had this issue with most black people, just the lowest common denominator that you and others try to pass off as the mass consensus of black folk.

Quote:
I most certainly do!...and that, again, is something black people hate about me: I prefer the old "nerd" culture to "ghetto gangstalicious" culture.
Um, I'm black and I don't hate you because you like things some people would consider nerdy. Sh*t none of the black people and mixed people that chimed in on this thread hate you because you like "nerdy" things or listen to "white" music. Your problem is that you stereotype all black people by the minority ghetto folk you used to deal with on a day-to-day basis. The ghetto is rough, everyone knows that people get their sh*t push for far less than listening to white music. And yet that is only a minority of the whole "black experience" in the US. Not the majority.

Quote:
But hey, MODERN black American culture is, frankly, disgusting anyway. Once upon a time it was something to be proud of but now?...

We went from this:

Duke Ellington: Take The "A" Train - YouTube

To this....

Nicki Minaj - Beez In The Trap (Explicit) ft. 2 Chainz - YouTube

Disgusting.

Oh, and here is a love song made possible by a mixed race person who never defined himself as black or white....so, listening to this, tell me again why I shouldn't identify with mixed race and instead should call myself the same race as Nicke Minaj?

Sweet Child O' Mine Music Video - YouTube
Sigh.First, a couple of things you have to understand even though I know deep down you already know:
1. Black Ghetto Culture is not Black Culture. It is a subculture of Black Culture. That's like white people or "Hispanic" people glorifying a negative subset of their own culture...oh wait. Sh*t. If you haven't been watching TV for oh I don't know, the last 20 years, you would know that negative culture of every group is plastered all over the media. No one is safe. Apparently people don't want to watch leave it to beaver anymore and prefer Bad Girls Club or "Housewives." Hell they even have shows that harken back to those "Golden" days like Mad Men just to show you how f*cked up the world is even for Rich white guys that everyone at the time strived to be like. Conflict, turmoil, and dysfunction. Apparently, that is what sells nows. Nobody wants to see normalcy. Because that is what the majority of Americans live in. Black people included.

2. Your examples. First you used Duke Ellington. And then you used Niki Minaj. If you want to make an accurate comparison you would have to get the Duke Ellington of now. And that would not be Niki Minaj (who coincidentally is just as mixed as you ). Basically, the comparison you just made would be like comparing Karem Abdul Jabar to Kwame Brown. Someone would slap you for it. But everyone knows music sucks these days for the most part and that spans genres.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:07 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The vast majority and dominant groups in Ethiopia are not Bantu, but that doesn't mean they are not Black.
Thank you Edward. I am well aware of the fact that there are black people that are not Bantu in origin.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
That is where you would tend to be wrong. I am sorry if all the black women in your family are ghetto trash but the majority of black american women in this country are not.

So you foolishly stereotype black women in public too? That can be a problem. I hope you would know that most internet slander that goes on at a site like this is not conducive to your well being if blathered off in public and directed at someone. Some people my take that as threatening.

The more you talk the more I see how you are projecting your family issues on the black race at large.

I listen to white music all the time. Never got my ass beat for it. The worst thing I was called was an Oreo. Never had this issue with most black people, just the lowest common denominator that you and others try to pass off as the mass consensus of black folk.

Um, I'm black and I don't hate you because you like things some people would consider nerdy. Sh*t none of the black people and mixed people that chimed in on this thread hate you because you like "nerdy" things or listen to "white" music. Your problem is that you stereotype all black people by the minority ghetto folk you used to deal with on a day-to-day basis. The ghetto is rough, everyone knows that people get their sh*t push for far less than listening to white music. And yet that is only a minority of the whole "black experience" in the US. Not the majority.

Sigh.First, a couple of things you have to understand even though I know deep down you already know:
1. Black Ghetto Culture is not Black Culture. It is a subculture of Black Culture. That's like white people or "Hispanic" people glorifying a negative subset of their own culture...oh wait. Sh*t. If you haven't been watching TV for oh I don't know, the last 20 years, you would know that negative culture of every group is plastered all over the media. No one is safe. Apparently people don't want to watch leave it to beaver anymore and prefer Bad Girls Club or "Housewives." Hell they even have shows that harken back to those "Golden" days like Mad Men just to show you how f*cked up the world is even for Rich white guys that everyone at the time strived to be like. Conflict, turmoil, and dysfunction. Apparently, that is what sells nows. Nobody wants to see normalcy. Because that is what the majority of Americans live in. Black people included.

2. Your examples. First you used Duke Ellington. And then you used Niki Minaj. If you want to make an accurate comparison you would have to get the Duke Ellington of now. And that would not be Niki Minaj (who coincidentally is just as mixed as you ). Basically, the comparison you just made would be like comparing Karem Abdul Jabar to Kwame Brown. Someone would slap you for it. But everyone knows music sucks these days for the most part and that spans genres.
I'm sorry as much as you like to think that Ghetto culture is not "the" culture of Black America the facts on the ground reveal otherwise. Even non-ghetto Blacks follow this culture, by "keeping it real". So yes for many Blacks this culture is alien but by no means is it a "sub-culture". In fact I would challenge you to identify a culture associated with African-Americans that is more dominant than the hip-hop, thug culture in particular with folks under 40.

I think his comparison of Ellison and Minaj is spot on. Ellison was a premier black talent of his day and Minaj is one today. Why would he compare Ellison who was on top of Black culture to a jazz musician today when jazz is no where near the dominant music genre of Blacks?

You could even argue that the comparison is also apt since both genres jazz and hip hop were born out of the African American experience. Both genres were widely consumed by white audiences. Yet one is uplifting the other not so much.

The comparison highlights how far Black culture has degenerated from one where the goal was excellence as embodied by Ellison to one where degenerate, anti-social behavior is celebrated as embodied by Minaj although I think a better comparison would be Ellison/Lil' Wayne.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies