Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 02:28 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It doesn't matter what color the burglars were because apparently George Zimmerman didn't have it out for "black men" so why do you keep making this an issue of race? It's an issue of him shooting a kid he thought was going to rob a house at 7pm.

You're actually part of the reason why this has become an issue of race and people are so out of joint about it, when it's got nothing at all to do with race.

Why are you doing that?

This case has nothing to do with race.
Lucky, It's not an issue of him shooting a kid he thought was going to rob a house at 7pm. It is an issue of self defense because he was attacked according to the available evidence.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:29 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Lucky, It's not an issue of him shooting a kid he thought was going to rob a house at 7pm. It is an issue of self defense because he was attacked according to the available evidence.
What was he attacked with that he needed to employ deadly force to defend himself?

He was stalking that kid with a gun after he was told by 911 dispatch "We don't need you to do that".

Did Trayvon shoot him with his skittles?

Old 04-26-2012, 02:40 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Use Google. I've personally linked articles in numerous threads that support what you put in bold. You don't even know the outlines of the case and you're just going on the attack. Inform yourself.

In the 911 transcript Zimmerman's first statement is to describe Trayvon as suspicious and looking at homes in the rain.
So what you are saying is that if a burglary was committed by a Black man in the past, ALL Black men are guilty? Also, the article you linked says that the burglar was arrested and spent a year in jail and is now in jail on a parole violation. How is that "getting away?" Zimmerman said that they always get away and many people are using that premise to justify his pursuit of Trayvon Martin who, by the way, had no burglary tools on him and was not carrying a weapon.

I am continually told to stick to the facts on this forum, but the people who can't possibly imagine that Zimmerman is lying keep posting theories. What does a previous break-in have to do with the night Trayvon Martin was shot? Did someone other than Zimmerman report a suspicious person walking around? Was there a burglary in that community? Otherwise, I guess I must be guilty of something if another blonde woman in her 60s did something wrong in my neighborhood last year.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:42 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Use Google. I've personally linked articles in numerous threads that support what you put in bold. You don't even know the outlines of the case and you're just going on the attack. Inform yourself.

In the 911 transcript Zimmerman's first statement is to describe Trayvon as suspicious and looking at homes in the rain.
I know about the case but I haven't found any evidence that there was a rash of break ins except for people saying it. How many? When? Where did you find that info??? I didn't read any of your links that showed proof of any of my questions. Only peoples opinions and they should be backed up.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:42 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So what you are saying is that if a burglary was committed by a Black man in the past, ALL Black men are guilty? Also, the article you linked says that the burglar was arrested and spent a year in jail and is now in jail on a parole violation. How is that "getting away?" Zimmerman said that they always get away and many people are using that to justify his pursuit of Trayvon Martin who, by the way, had no burglary tools on him and was not carrying a weapon.

I am continually told to stick to the facts on this forum, but the people who can't possibly imagine that Zimmerman is lying keep posting theories. What does a previous break-in have to do with the night Trayvon Martin was walking around?
It's got absolutely nothing to do with what happened the night Trayvon was shot dead.

There are people on this thread will defend Zimmerman's actions because they're racially profiling that boy.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:44 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Well you haven't been paying attention. There was a witness named "John" who saw the fight from his house. Zimmerman sees him and says help. He tell them to stop and he goes up stairs to call the police. He hears a gun shot shortly after. He identifies Zimmerman (through his attire) as the man on the bottom.

His twitter handle supports the contention that he is prone to violence. He adopted a thug persona online which means he probably adopted one offline.
Yes, Zimmerman sure was.

"John" didn't see who started it and went upstairs so he really doesn't know much. I wonder if he is a friend of Zimmermans.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
What was he attacked with that he needed to employ deadly force to defend himself?

He was stalking that kid with a gun after he was told by 911 dispatch "We don't need you to do that".

Did Trayvon shoot him with his skittles?
Nope, Trayvon physically assaulted him. There was NO stalking, go brush up on the stalking law in FL. It has been posted plenty of times. Whatever the dispatcher said is irrelevant.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I know about the case but I haven't found any evidence that there was a rash of break ins except for people saying it. How many? When? Where did you find that info??? I didn't read any of your links that showed proof of any of my questions. Only peoples opinions and they should be backed up.
Yeah, that neighbor who hid in her house while a black teen was robbing it and WITNESSED the entire thing was just an opinion.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:52 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yeah, that neighbor who hid in her house while a black teen was robbing it and WITNESSED the entire thing was just an opinion.
Seems dense to me.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:21 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
It could just as easily mean what gz said--- he continued on to find a street sign.

Dispatcher: Alright, what address are you parked in front of? [3:21]
Zimmerman: Um, I don’t know. It’s a cut-through so I don’t know the address.

Sounds sensible that he'd want the cops to meet him 'where he was at,' near where he'd last seen tm.
Yes, it does sound sensible, but it contradicts Zimmerman's story. I mean, which is it? He was either walking to his car immediately after the 911 call or he wasn't. Listen to the call or read the transcript. It sounds as if he planned to continue his pursuit.

George lived in the community. It's not New York City, it's a development of townhouses. He could have picked the clubhouse, the mailboxes or one of the gates. Why wouldn't he know where he'd be in a few minutes if he was headed back to his car? He was even able to give the 911 dispatcher the exact address of the clubhouse early in the call. "Meet me at the clubhouse" sounds sensible to me. I guess we all have different ideas of what makes sense.

When you listen to the 911 dispatcher, he tells George, who has lived there for years, that the police officer will meet him by the mailboxes. It's at 3:40 into the call. He could have met them at any number of spots. I lived in a larger community in 2011. There were 551 homes and sometimes I'd get lost when I first move there. However, I knew exactly where the clubhouse, the entrance, the pool area, tennis courts and other landmarks were in the community. It only makes sense to use one of these spots to meet law enforcement, that is, unless you plan to continue looking for someone who is "getting away." Notice that he first agrees ("yeah, that's fine") to meet the police next to the mailboxes and then quickly changes his mind.

911 dispatcher:

OK, do you just want to meet with them at the mailboxes then?

Zimmerman:

Yeah, that’s fine.

911 dispatcher:

Alright, George, I’ll let them know you’ll meet them at …

Zimmerman:

Could you have them call me and I’ll tell them where I’m at?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies