Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2012, 10:20 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
It is not a fact that he was retreating. It is what he said and of course the kid he killed can't talk. Just because Zimmerman says so doesn't make it so.
Of course it doesn't make it so. And yet, hypocrites comdemn us for telling what we truly sense went on...after evaluating all the evidence and reports we study about this murder.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:22 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Big, bad gun toting NW captain doesn't know CPR? Shame on him!
For me, that pretty much sums up GZ. >The angel of the NW Team...consisting of one....and his gun.

Last edited by quality guy; 04-28-2012 at 10:48 PM..

Old 04-28-2012, 10:29 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Although this certainly has become a big political story, I doubt if that's the reason the victim's parents desperately looked for help when they couldn't get answers to why their unarmed teenager was shot to death while taking a walk. I don't care if he was White with blue eyes, was a cub scout leader and had a scholarship to Harvard. Justice is supposed to be blind. That also means color blind.
I would think that every parent would want answers if that happened to them.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:43 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Default a new fundraising web site

Now there's another web site for raising money.

[URL="http://www.gzlegalcase.com/"]George Zimmerman Legal Fund[/URL]

I just wanted to make sure that all of those who support shooting unarmed teenagers walking around drinking iced tea get out their checkbooks. Maybe if there's enough money raised, by next year Zimmerman can buy a tank for his NW patrol.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:10 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Wow whogo! Your calling someone a scumbag who you don't know? What has Trayvon done to hurt you? Why are you so angry?
He was young and may well have changed his ways. His death was a tragedy, but he brought it upon himself. The original decision not to bring charges against Zimmermen was the correct one.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:32 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,976,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
He was young and may well have changed his ways. His death was a tragedy, but he brought it upon himself. The original decision not to bring charges against Zimmermen was the correct one.
Changed his ways from what?

The original decision was manslaughter then it went to nothing now its 2nd degree murder.

it sounds like your going down the same road as many racist whites in giving statements about a man who you never met that attacks character. I know this is an open message board in a free country but there has to be something morally wrong what your doing. You can't be happy with yourself.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:59 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Changed his ways from what?

The original decision was manslaughter then it went to nothing now its 2nd degree murder.

it sounds like your going down the same road as many racist whites in giving statements about a man who you never met that attacks character. I know this is an open message board in a free country but there has to be something morally wrong what your doing. You can't be happy with yourself.
Never met Charles Manson; I still despise him. Thieves who attack neighborhood watchmen I label scumbags. I realize in your little world we should never make judgements.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:58 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,754,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Yes, but you're older and wiser than Zimmerman, who shouldn't have followed Martin to begin with...at least, only far enough to see Martin enter the residence that he was visiting. Had Zimmerman tried to detain you, possibly by grabbing your arm, would you not have fought back?
I certainly would have pulled my arm away and warned him, maybe have my hand on my pistol. I think a lot depends whether or not Trayvon was up to no good. The prosecution has to work hard to disprove Z's story, I don't know if he/she can.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:05 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
He brought it on himself? The Jim Crow laws are gone and Martin was within his rights to walk down the street without being stalked. Even if he whistled at a white woman like Emmitt Till.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:32 AM

24,418 posts, read 23,076,143 times
The things I wonder about are just how suspicious did Trayvon look. Maybe he WAS acting suspicious, looking at cars, checking out houses. He did have a background that pointed to him being involved in burglary( stolen jewelry and a tool) and vandalism. From the timeline they've given he did take a fairly long time going to and from the store so he was taking his time. In the rain. At night. Maybe he was lost or just in no hurry to get home. Or maybe he was nosing around.
Maybe Zimmerman was paranoid. Maybe he assumed the worst. But he did call the police. And there were recent burglaries and vandalism in the immediate area so Zimmerman did have reason to be suspicious. Trayvon knew Zimmerman was following him and probably had an idea why. He could have gotten angry. One or the other could have initiated a confrontation and both could have easily defused it. Neither did. Both seemed to have problems with judgement. We'll hear Zimmermans side but we'll never hear Trayons so there will always be doubt. Doubt and conjecture on both sides.
Then there was the way the media and certain hate groups played everyone for fools and tried to turn this into something it wasn't, a race based murder. Even the president got succkered in and was left looking stupid. Its almost impossible to just stand on the sidelines, you feel bad for the kid who was killed, basically needlessly even if he did provoke the fight. But then you have the vicious hatchet job that was done on Zimmerman and are almost compelled to go out of your way to make sure he gets a fair chance at defending himself. The more facts that come out the more cloudy the picture becomes.
Manslaughter seemed to be the charge that best seemed to fit. But now the prosecutors have gotten suckered into this quagmire like the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies