Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2012, 09:42 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Most of my dark skinned people are not comfortable with homosexuality, the reasons vary, but it is mostly because of Christian Churches they go to where they learn Jesus does not like it or something. White skin people don't seem to realize that quite a few dark skin people are really into the whole Jesus thing.
Wer'e not blind we know...........
About Our Pastor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 09:44 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,012,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
This is America. People should have the right to do as they please and not be restricted instutitonally from doing so.

IT doesn't matter what their background is.
Not everyone is in favor of laisse faire cultural deviancy. Complain, cry, kick and scream--but some aren't going to agree with the "normalization" process of homosexuality. You want to marry your dog? Oh well, Democracy in progress isn't going to green light it.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:44 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Here's just one. I see posts like this regularly.

//www.city-data.com/forum/24240900-post10.html
Here's another, as promised...

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post24221161

Old 05-12-2012, 09:46 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
It's the way they've always played the game. When someone accuses them of something they know to be true, they turn around and say, "No, YOU are the ones who are the TRUE bigots, racists, homophobes", et al.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:46 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Notice how he was still in favor of civil unions, and now says he didn't realize civil unions offer fewer rights & benefits compared to marriage - hence his change in opinion. That seems like a logical progression to me, and it's one he shares with many people around the world. Otherwise, how do you explain that support for SSM has increased like 15-20% in the last decade? I don't think everyone is a flip-flopping politician, they have just thought through the issue and changed their perspective over the years. Maybe they met a nice, normal gay couple who opened their eyes, maybe they found some research that altered their views, or whatever... it happens to all of us at one time or another, and not just in relation to this topic.

P.S. There's also the possibility he's always been in favor, and was just saying what he was told to say. That's what politicians do, in case you haven't realized by now! (and the reason I refer to all of them as puppets)

Old 05-12-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Here's just one. I see posts like this regularly.

//www.city-data.com/forum/24240900-post10.html
Oh you meant other posters..lol

I was thinking of someone who was perhaps more symbolic or influential i.e. Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin etc etc.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:48 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,745,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Not everyone is in favor of laisse faire cultural deviancy.
That's fine, and you can feel/respond however way you like to this, but you and anyone else who feels the way you do is Un-American, illogical and hypocritical for feeling the way you do on this issue.

To institutionalize a prejudice against a group just because you find what they want to freely do as citizens as "repulsive" is idiotic and repulsive. It was when whties did it to blacks and it is with gays now.

I find weed smokers "repulsive", it doens't mean I don't strongly support their right to legally smoke weed as Americans.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Oh you meant other posters..lol

I was thinking of someone who was perhaps more symbolic or influential i.e. Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin etc etc.
No, that's why I said "social conservatives on this forum". Plain English.

//www.city-data.com/forum/24279568-post75.html

Old 05-12-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
No, that's why I said "social conservatives on this forum". Plain English.

//www.city-data.com/forum/24279568-post75.html
I.e. nameless, faceless individuals who you can neither confirm who they are, what their party affiliation is or who they voted for.

Gotcha.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Not everyone is in favor of laisse faire cultural deviancy.
True. The anti-freedom social conservatives and right-wing statists don't like that kind of liberty.

Quote:
Complain, cry, kick and scream--but some aren't going to agree with the "normalization" process of homosexuality.
Sorry, but it's been happening for decades. Complain, cry, kick, scream... It doesn't matter. America is moving on and leaving the dullards behind.

Support for Legal Gay Relations Hits New High

Quote:
You want to marry your dog? Oh well, Democracy in progress isn't going to green light it.
So, you think same-sex marriage is equivalent to marrying one's dog?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies