Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 03:06 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Don't put words in my mouth please! your assuming who they voted for, i said they did not vote for Obama the first time. They may have not voted that year, inspite of all the hype of our first Black Preisdent.
And why thank you, yes i do live in a very beautiful area! where everyone loves each other for who we are.
And no i happen to live in a area, where everyone and everbody gets along, and we watch out for everyon's children, infact even celebrating the children on the Street birthday, with a block party. whether we know the children or not. But i do know black republicans bet me i don't, and i would win the bet.

But what you say is definitely not entirely true, because yes i do know a couple of black people who voted for McCain, i really do, not lying. They were Men. And sorry to burst that bubble, but the majority of black friends i have are registered republicians. Just the way it is, as far as i can tell, it is their right to be in the party of their choice, just as others on this forum are registered to the party of their choosing.
Does not make any one person right or wrong, because of what party they belong too, i know many people who feel that both party's are the two evils!
They just like to try and convince us that no blacks like Republicans, when the real story is they don't like any black Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 03:41 PM

10,035 posts, read 9,512,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
He did that back in 2008, and, as with Cosby, it made him more popular. Meanwhile,vthe GOP has made it very clear that they collectively consider black people to be inferior - as if we didn't know that already.
Another racist is heard from..........

Old 05-12-2012, 04:29 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Quote:
He did that back in 2008, and, as with Cosby, it made him more popular. Meanwhile,vthe GOP has made it very clear that they collectively consider black people to be inferior - as if we didn't know that already.
They called him a "sellout" and "uncle tom". He did not become more popular.

And yes...it is obvious that republicans love black slavery.

Curious, though.

Slaveowners were 100% democrats.

Old 05-12-2012, 04:31 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Which party tells the African-Americans that they can't achieve anything without government assistance because they aren't good enough to succeed without it?

Old 05-12-2012, 04:34 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Which party tells the African-Americans that they can't achieve anything without government assistance because they aren't good enough to succeed without it?
Another question why do they keep.......BELIEVING!!

Old 05-12-2012, 05:01 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Blacks will ONLY turn on Obama the moment he starts talking like Bill Cosby:

Bill Cosby Famous Pound Cake Speech - YouTube
Quote:
They called him a "sellout" and "uncle tom". He did not become more popular.

And yes...it is obvious that republicans love black slavery.

Curious, though.

Slaveowners were 100% democrats.
Sorry to burst your bubble but Cosby did become popular once again due to his comments. Only a small minority of blacks called him a "sellout" and "uncle tom" the majority of us supported and agreed with what he said and love him. He has never been unpopular with black people and the large majority of black people still view him positively.

Since I am black, I listen to black media - talk radio and such and he is a frequent guest promoting his books and comedy and black people call in and give him all sorts of love.

The fact that you don't know this shows you don't know much about black people.

On Obama, black people will still support him. Even if they don't they won't vote for Romney. They will more than likely not vote at all. But I don't believe that most black people will stay home over this one reason. Most black people I know are not single issue focused, if that were the case, many would not consistently vote democratic anyway.

Old 05-12-2012, 05:12 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,366 times
Quote:
That would be the republicans. I think you'll recall Newt Gingrich saying that black children should become janitors because their communities have no work ethic, and that black people should learn to demand paychecks instead of being satisfied with food stamps. And then there are guys like Herman Cain or Allen West, insisting that most black people are brainwashed or on a plantation. Or, you could look to guys like Donald Trump or Rush Limbaugh, who insist that successful black people didn't really deserve to get where they are, via Affermative Action.

Old 05-12-2012, 05:39 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:
That would be the republicans. I think you'll recall Newt Gingrich saying that black children should become janitors because their communities have no work ethic,Being a janitor is an honorable profession

and that black people should learn to demand paychecks instead of being satisfied with food stamps. best Self Help advice ever spoken

And then there are guys like Herman Cain or Allen West, insisting that most black people are brainwashed or on a plantation. Truth is a bitter pill to swallow

Or, you could look to guys like Donald Trump or Rush Limbaugh, who insist that successful black people didn't really deserve to get where they are, via Affermative Action. They didn't if affirmative action was involved
All true words.

Old 05-12-2012, 05:58 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
I am no fan of Gingrich, but to me the way the left jumped all over him for those comments speaks volumes. Newt was basically saying that handouts are detrimental, while a hand up is beneficial. That's true whether you're black, white, or cyan of course, but libs are especially focused on directing handouts towards black people, hence Newt's comments were understandable.

Gingrich is not the racist here; the racists are those who believe that blacks are inferior and incapable to the point that they can't survive without a handout. Who are "those?" Why, it would be liberal Democrats.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:15 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
They don't want to understand that fact.

When certain people are raised to believe that they are superior by birthright, they do not want to believe any evidence to the contrary.They have a vested interest in maintaining their spot on the totem pole and any thing that challenges that is a "threat".
I do believe you nailed it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies