Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 06:17 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I am no fan of Gingrich, but to me the way the left jumped all over him for those comments speaks volumes. Newt was basically saying that handouts are detrimental, while a hand up is beneficial. That's true whether you're black, white, or cyan of course, but libs are especially focused on directing handouts towards black people, hence Newt's comments were understandable.

Gingrich is not the racist here; the racists are those who believe that blacks are inferior and incapable to the point that they can't survive without a handout. Who are "those?" Why, it would be liberal Democrats.
Thank you for a very mature and thoughtful post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 06:22 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HstoryBooks View Post

Fact: Most blacks don't like gay marriage.
I worked with a black drummer--- aka---Too Rude....This gay kid was sitting in the club and took a liking to Too Rude's very attractive girl friend...Out side later the gay guy planted a kiss on the hot lady---Too Rude sent the guy flying into a parked car...The gay kid got up and said " I can do what I please" - Too Rude knocked his down again....I said "leave the guy alone..."--------------TOO RUDE said.............."Us blacks don't go for that gay crap"-

Old 05-12-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I worked with a black drummer--- aka---Too Rude....This gay kid was sitting in the club and took a liking to Too Rude's very attractive girl friend...Out side later the gay guy planted a kiss on the hot lady---Too Rude sent the guy flying into a parked car...The gay kid got up and said " I can do what I please" - Too Rude knocked his down again....I said "leave the guy alone..."--------------TOO RUDE said.............."Us blacks don't go for that gay crap"-
You have me confused. First of all the gays i know who are black or white, does not matter. WOULD not be hitting on any girl attractive or not.
Now if they like both sexes then yes. But most of the gay guys i know, and yes i know a few of them, would not be planting a kiss on any attractive girl at all.
My gay guy friends would not be acting like that. But unlike some on here, i will not doubt you.
As far as the guys i know, i know 3 who happen to be black. One very good looking, hard to beleive he is gay, a very good looking hunk actually, very find body too. My daughter always says, sure you dont' want to try a women, and he says everytime no.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:54 PM

835 posts, read 1,041,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Yes for the blacks i know of. They did not vote for him the first time around, nor will they even think about it the second time around.

However they are not the brainwashing type. Sorry but their not. They are highly eduacted, own their own businessess, live in very exclusive areas, always believe in working and working hard, and doing what is right. They have their own minds, and won't be ignorant to the fact of voting for a person, just because of his color, sorry but they will not.
There are many factors they look at, someone being of the same color of themselves, does not happen to be one of them.

So, you have to be extremely uneducated to vote dem?

Old 05-12-2012, 06:56 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
NO. They will support him til the very end.
Consider what the Republicans have to offer it's easy to see why.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:57 PM

835 posts, read 1,041,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
They called him a "sellout" and "uncle tom". He did not become more popular.

And yes...it is obvious that republicans love black slavery.

Curious, though.

Slaveowners were 100% democrats.

Didn't Republicans free the slaves? I just thought about that.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:57 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Consider what the Republicans have to offer it's easy to see why.
An American citizen.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:07 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedtodave View Post
Tell us, what exactly does the GOP do that makes it clear that they collectively consider black people to be inferior? I usually hear the opposite argument, that it's the democrats that consider blacks to be inferior because they tend to be big supporter of programs like Affirmative Action.
Historically the Republican have played on the racial animosity of White Americans and in particular after 1964 southern White Americans for their votes.

USATODAY.com - GOP: 'We were wrong' to play racial politics

In 2005 Republican Party Chairman Ken Mehlman made this admission.

Quote:
Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman apologized to one of the nation's largest black civil rights groups Thursday, saying Republicans had not done enough to court blacks in the past and had exploited racial strife to court white voters, particularly in the South.

"Some Republicans gave up on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization," Mehlman said at the annual convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. "I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

Barry Goldwater

Quote:
Although the phrase "Southern strategy" is often attributed to Nixon political strategist Kevin Phillips, he did not originate it,[2] but merely popularized it.[3] In an interview included in a 1970 New York Times article, he touched on its essence:
From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.[4]

While Phillips sought to polarize ethnic voting in general, and not just to win the white South, the South was by far the biggest prize yielded by his approach. Its success began at the presidential level, gradually trickling down to statewide offices, the Senate and House, as some legacy segregationist Democrats retired or switched to the GOP. In addition, the Republican Party worked for years to develop grassroots political organizations across the South, supporting candidates for local school boards and offices, for instance.
Following the Watergate scandal, there was broad support for the Southern Democrat Jimmy Carter in the 1976 election.

From 1948 to 1984 the Southern states, traditionally a stronghold for the Democrats, became key swing states, providing the popular vote margins in the 1960, 1968 and 1976 elections. During this era, several Republican candidates expressed support for states' rights, which some critics claim was a "codeword" of opposition to federal enforcement of civil rights for blacks and intervention on their behalf, including passage of legislation to protect the franchise.[5]
Given that Republican has historically used and continue to use racial animosity toward Black Americans as a national political strategy they are not going to get a substantial amount of support from Black Americans.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:17 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Didn't Republicans free the slaves? I just thought about that.
Google the Republican Lily White Movement

Old 05-12-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
So, you have to be extremely uneducated to vote dem?

You must think it, you just said it. And i did not say that. Everyone has the right to vote for whom they feel is the right person for the job.
Based on nothing but qualifications to get the job done right! First time?
And does it actually truly matter. Both parties seem to have their own agendas, and it is not about any of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies