Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 11:24 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,984,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Yes for the blacks i know of. They did not vote for him the first time around, nor will they even think about it the second time around.

However they are not the brainwashing type. Sorry but their not. They are highly eduacted, own their own businessess, live in very exclusive areas, always believe in working and working hard, and doing what is right. They have their own minds, and won't be ignorant to the fact of voting for a person, just because of his color, sorry but they will not.
There are many factors they look at, someone being of the same color of themselves, does not happen to be one of them.
You must live in a very odd neighborhood. Because there is no precinct anywhere in the country where most "wealthy, well spoken" blacks voted for McCain.

Maybe they are telling you what you want to hear so you will go away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 11:25 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
And they are so well-spoken...
Why how did you know? why yes they are very well spoken, and actually soft spoken.
And funny too, the guys are so dang funny and cute! they think they are comedians.
They are extremely smart and it shows. The one is so good looking, oh i tell ya he is!

Old 05-12-2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You must live in a very odd neighborhood. Because there is no precinct anywhere in the country where most blacks voted for McCain.

Maybe they are telling you what you want to hear so you will go away?
Don't put words in my mouth please! your assuming who they voted for, i said they did not vote for Obama the first time. They may have not voted that year, inspite of all the hype of our first Black Preisdent.
And why thank you, yes i do live in a very beautiful area! where everyone loves each other for who we are.
And no i happen to live in a area, where everyone and everbody gets along, and we watch out for everyon's children, infact even celebrating the children on the Street birthday, with a block party. whether we know the children or not. But i do know black republicians bet me i don't, and i would win the bet.

But what you say is definitely not entirely true, because yes i do know a couple of black people who voted for McCain, i really do, not lying. They were Men. And sorry to burst that bubble, but the majority of black friends i have are registered republicians. Just the way it is, as far as i can tell, it is their right to be in the party of their choice, just as others on this forum are registered to the party of their choosing.
Does not make any one person right or wrong, because of what party they belong too, i know many people who feel that both party's are the two evils!

Last edited by california-jewel; 05-12-2012 at 11:48 AM..

Old 05-12-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but I am all of those things AND I will vote for the best candidate...President Obama.
So what your not getting it either! thought you would. Your choice. As everyone has the choice to vote for the person they feel fit for the job. Or not to vote, based on feelings, that not one perosn can do the job, their right also.
Let me tell ya, you could never burst my bubble, don't worry about it!!
And i feel Obama, is not any of the things you think he is, and that is also my right, and nothing racist about my feelings.
Do we not all have a right to our own opinions.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:08 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
So what your not getting it either! thought you would. Your choice. As everyone has the choice to vote for the person they feel fit for the job. Or not to vote, based on feelings, that not one perosn can do the job, their right also.
Let me tell ya, you could never burst my bubble, don't worry about it!!
And i feel Obama, is not any of the things you think he is, and that is also my right, and nothing racist about my feelings.
Do we not all have a right to our own opinions.
Excuse me but please point out the specific comment in my post where I stated/implied that you were a racist.

Waiting.....

Old 05-12-2012, 02:15 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,998 times
Quote:
Thank you think your the only one who truly gets it. Nothing racist about my post. First time they did not vote for Obama . This time it has to do with the economy, and actions of the President, which is their right to not vote for him this time around either. Nothing racist at all. They will vote for their choice.
There is nothing racist voting for the person of your choice, even if it is not what the majority says it should be.
Comes down to all that Hope n' Change, which was not delivered!
And because one does not vote for Obama, does not mean it is anything of a racist nature, stop spreading lies. It has to do with so much more then his color. Color is not the issue, stop saying it is. As Americans we have every right to vote for the person of our choice, and not voting for the person we feel, cannot and has not improved on things he said he would. We are no better off, keep on telling yourselves it is, some of us know better. No two people ever fit the same mold!
Agreed. I always scratch my head and wonder why a certain block of White Americans seem to think that everything we (Black Americans) do is raced based and monolithic. Contrary to popular belief, we don't all speak ebonics, wear baggy pants, like rap, violence and live in ghettos. Why is that so hard to understand

Old 05-12-2012, 02:20 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Agreed. I always scratch my head and wonder why a certain block of White Americans seem to think that everything we (Black Americans) do is raced based and monolithic. Contrary to popular belief, we don't all speak ebonics, wear baggy pants, like rap, violence and live in ghettos. Why is that so hard to understand
They don't want to understand that fact.

When certain people are raised to believe that they are superior by birthright, they do not want to believe any evidence to the contrary.They have a vested interest in maintaining their spot on the totem pole and any thing that challenges that is a "threat".

Old 05-12-2012, 02:22 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,708,101 times
If you're not for gay marriage, because of biblical beliefs....then you must also be for a woman, who isn't a virgin, on her wedding night; to be stoned to death! If y'alls gonna follow y'alls "good" book....follow it to the "T" or just write yourselves off as hypocrites. Good day! p.s. this is for all skin hues

Old 05-12-2012, 02:28 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Unfortunately OP most likely they will fall victim to their own ad hoc stupidity.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:59 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but I am all of those things AND I will vote for the best candidate...President Obama.
She forgot to include "they don't want to see America destoryed anymore"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies