Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 07:32 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Petty infractions for public intoxiation, sleeping in public, trespassing etc the kind of stuff you'd expect from homeless people.
Yes -- I don't know why anyone is trying to make this about the homeless needing to be locked up because the victim was the homeless guy and he isn't guilty of anything here. He was doing nothing more than sleeping and got attacked for no reason.

Now if the cannibal had been locked up for his previous marijuana drug convictions, then this could have been prevented. His ex-wife divorced him because he was on the paranoid side, but that could have easily come from his heavy pot use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 07:37 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,411,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
First of all there is no evidence that the cannibal was ever mentally ill, he worked, he had a girlfriend, he had a car and his friends say he was a nice guy. This case has nothing to do with mental illness.

The ONLY thing verified so far about the cannibal is that he used marijuana.
I am not contending he was. Read the other posts in this thread. EdwardA said the thought the guy sounded like he was mentally ill and wondered why he had not been hospitalized prior to the incident. I am simply responding to WHY indigent folks are not hospitalized in mental institutions these days.

No need to jump on someone's post you don't like without knowing what precipitated the post.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:50 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,259,734 times
Cannibal? I heard he was a Zombie.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:00 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What do you mean the "leaders of that social movement" have not admitted defeat? Who were/are they? Where do they claim success?

Again, why don't you conservatives pick up the ball and do something about the many, many mentally ill people who have to live out on the streets with basically little to no medical care? That would be much more positive and effective than just blaming liberals. Those mentally ill people can and are sometimes quite dangerous. Our prison system is not adequate to take care of them, although many are warehoused there because of committing crimes.

Do you know anything about those state insane asylums and the conditions in most of them? Did you support their continued operations?
You're getting way off track and into a complicated subject. The criminal here was not the homeless man, he was the victim.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Okay. I'm not sure what's relevant to the quoted post after the first sentence.
Clearly, bath salts are a most dangerous recreational drug, and should be tightly regulated.
The toxicology reports may take a couple weeks, we don't know what this person had in his system.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What was the conservative "solution" and why did/does it matter to you what liberals want or wanted regarding this matter?

I want conservatives to have a backbone and do what they think is right. YOU asked why the man hadn't been committed to a mental hospital, so clearly you think that would have been better than having him out on the street. What are you guys waiting for? Do something, don't just whine that you did nothing because the "progressives" didn't want it.
If this homeless person hadn't been available, somebody else would have been targeted. This is not about homeless people or even mentally ill people, because the cannibal was fully functional until this day.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You're getting way off track and into a complicated subject. The criminal here was not the homeless man, he was the victim.
I know who the "criminal" was. It would be easier to understand what people are talking about if you read the preceeding posts. EdwardA brought up the subject that it sounded like the "criminal" was mentally ill and wondered why he had not been hospitalized. I was simply responding to why indigent people who are mentally ill are not hospitalized in a public mental hospital....because there are not any of those out there these days.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
If this homeless person hadn't been available, somebody else would have been targeted. This is not about homeless people or even mentally ill people, because the cannibal was fully functional until this day.
You know what? Take that up with EdwardA.

Here, I found the post for you: //www.city-data.com/forum/24524186-post246.html

I know the homeless man was the victim. I know it appears that the "criminal" was not mentally ill. However, the fact of the matter is that there are many indigent mentally ill people living with the homeless on the streets, and eventually end up in jail or prison because they break laws and our justice system has to take care of them.

Please read the other posts in this thread so you can catch up. Thanks.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
The toxicology reports may take a couple weeks, we don't know what this person had in his system.
The police and others have speculated that it was a "cocaine psychosis" or maybe the use of a designer drug called bath salts.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:23 PM

30,267 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
When there is no more room in Hell, the Dead will walk the Earth.

Dawn of the Dead (4/11) Movie CLIP - The Dead Will Walk the Earth (2004) HD - YouTube
I'm sorry, I saw your user name after reading the story and seeing some of the replies that were funny and just busted out laughing. Come on...I know it's wrong but dang, man, your user name in THIS thread?! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies