Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 12:19 PM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Of course his family thinks that he was possessed or under the influence of a voodoo curse. They're probably amongst the uneducated Haitian born, most of which believes in nonsense like that.
Most Haitians I've met are educated and don't believe in voodoo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 12:51 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Another case where the family knew the killer to be crazy but he was still roaming the streets.

Shootings leave 6 dead in already jittery Seattle - Yahoo! News
That's disturbing. Something going on with society lately. I lived in Seattle for 13 years, some of them on First Hill, (also known as Pill Hill because of all the medical centers), and some in West Seattle.

A shooting in the UDist? That's crazy. A shooting on First Hill? Also crazy. Those used to be very safe places. Of course, things happen anywhere but those would be some of the last places I'd suspect in Seattle.

Used to be you could count on it in some places on Capitol Hill and some parts of West Seattle...but UDist? Holy crap.

Edit: Sorry, UDist means U District, University District.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:04 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the zombie's mother seems to be going for the conspiracy theory angle.
If this was the case for arguments sake it would be worse. Then it would be apparent there is a drug out there that creates flesh eating attackers.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:07 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Down here people encounter voodoo routinely. LE are called to sites where people have done their rituals like animal sacrifices etc all the time.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:12 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the zombie's mother seems to be going for the conspiracy theory angle.
SMH par for the course.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:15 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That's what they tell you. Voodoo is widely practiced in Haiti more so than Catholicism.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:43 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Now another cannibal in Baltimore and one on the loose in Canada.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Heard about the current latest one. I could not hear it, without literally getting sick to my stomach. WTF is going on.

This sick twisted twirp, not only killed his victim, but took him apart piece by piece. Before that, he had sex with the dead corpse. Ate some of him, and put his flesh, in the frig. And has mailed his victims parts, around the Country heard this one. Made me literally ill, and asked myself, WTF is going on with people.

Last week i heard about the sick twisted, evil Mom that killed her baby, and ate him, cannot think about this stuff, it sickens me, and makes me understand just how many sick people are walking our streets.

So now it is not only ok for the evil sick twisted nutcases out there, to just kill their victims, now they have to eat them too. WTF over and over again.

Is this now a fad, amongst killers, to not only get their jollys from killing their victim, but now they have to dismember and eat them too, WTF is wrong with people, truly can someone tell me.

Last edited by california-jewel; 05-31-2012 at 05:54 PM..

Old 05-31-2012, 06:12 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The problem is -- at what point do the so-called mentally ill lose their rights and their freedom?

What if you were mentally ill? Would you want to be kept locked up if you never did anything wrong? So you walk down the street talking to yourself, maybe a little punchy, maybe you forgot to comb your hair or don't find that all important to do, and you don't change your clothes as often as others do -- does that mean you should be locked away?

Or you just don't want to have a 9-5 job, you don't want to live by a time clock and wish to be free from bills, so you find a place to sleep and don't bother anyone except maybe to do a little panhandling now and then and you're on the eccentric side but harmless. Why should you be kept behind bars?
The people you describe should not be behind bars. There are all kinds of possibilities. There is certainly psychological testing available to determine to some degree the dangerousness of the person. There could be different levels of mental facilities whereby all mentally ill people didn't have to be locked up, but where they could be monitored for taking their meds, making sure they have a place to live not on the streets, and that they have nutritional food to eat, sort of like halfway houses. Programs could be offered for counseling, all sorts of things.

Mentally ill people who are determined to be a danger to themselves or society could be detained, evaluated, gotten on proper medication, etc, then released when they are stabilized, and released to a halfway house of sorts.

It is really a problem to have people who are indigent, have no family support whatsoever, living on the streets alone. They are in danger themselves trying to survive alone on the streets with challenging mental problems. There should be some sort of facility for seriously mentally ill people who are indigent to live. And I don't mean the horrific places we used to have in this country, which were in many cases filthy, the patients were abused, little to no real treatment, etc., etc.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:21 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
The people you describe should not be behind bars. There are all kinds of possibilities. There is certainly psychological testing available to determine to some degree the dangerousness of the person. There could be different levels of mental facilities whereby all mentally ill people didn't have to be locked up, but where they could be monitored for taking their meds, making sure they have a place to live not on the streets, and that they have nutritional food to eat, sort of like halfway houses. Programs could be offered for counseling, all sorts of things.

Mentally ill people who are determined to be a danger to themselves or society could be detained, evaluated, gotten on proper medication, etc, then released when they are stabilized, and released to a halfway house of sorts.

It is really a problem to have people who are indigent, have no family support whatsoever, living on the streets alone. They are in danger themselves trying to survive alone on the streets with challenging mental problems. There should be some sort of facility for seriously mentally ill people who are indigent to live. And I don't mean the horrific places we used to have in this country, which were in many cases filthy, the patients were abused, little to no real treatment, etc., etc.

I understand what you are saying, and have known people as you describe. The thing is some do not think they are sick, and will not take their medicine, they do not take their medication, is when some become uncontrolable, and can lash out at others and themselves.

That i clearly understand. And so many clearly need help they are not seeking or getting.

How do you expalin, those who are just plain evil thinking or commit evil acts, there are many of those people out there too, don't come with a sickness, not mentally-ill, just evil, mean, sick twisted, people, who love to hurt and destroy the soul, of those they are killing. This i will never understand, as in the new case i wrote about, literally made me throw up.

Last edited by california-jewel; 05-31-2012 at 06:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies