Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 05:10 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
There are 8 threads advocating homosexuality on the first page of "Politics and Other Controversies" right now.
Advocating homosexuality, huh? Can you please point to a thread where anyone said "if you're not gay, you should really try it!" or something to that effect? Go ahead, I'll wait.

Quote:
Why are you people so hell bent on being in everybody's face about your sexual "preference"?
You people? I hope you realize many who start those threads & respond positively to them are not gay... some of us just have bigger things to worry about, and don't think the world will end if a gay person is featured in an ad.

Quote:
You're not winning anyone over by ramming your agenda down their throats, so to speak.
Again with that phrase! Really getting curiouser and curiouser, to quote Alice.

Quote:
Teaching little kids to be homosexuals is awful. A form of child abuse.
Who's teaching kids to be homosexual? I didn't realize telling them homosexuality exists in this world constituted teaching them how to BE gay. If we tell them some people are ambidextrous, does that mean we're encouraging or instructing on the trait? Maybe some people have fluid sexuality, but most of us cannot be taught how to switch orientations.

Last edited by gizmo980; 06-01-2012 at 06:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 05:35 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
LOL. They should show two Mexican gay guys running hand in hand past Border Patrol agents in the desert.
Put that on a t-shirt and I will buy it.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:53 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,761,938 times
Again, what happened to traditional family values? If thats the lifestyle you choose, go ahead, but dont force it upon everyone else by advertising. I need the Delorean to take me back to 1955 when values actually meant something.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:55 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
What is the point of telling children that homosexuality exists in the world? Is it to create a type of tolerance and too except it as being of the same value as hetro-sexuality? Too tell children of it's existence is the same as teaching the practice. On their own children simply would not think of it or even take it into consideration. To mention homosexuality to children is the early stages of conditioning kids that it is a valid form of sex..that it is "equal".....when it is not..

Gay advocates should not attempt to pave the road to a bright and beautiful future for themselves through children that are not their own. These days people act as if half the population are practicing homosexuals..this is not the case- as far as the population is concerned they are a very tiny but very vocal minority. The gay issue is a non-issue.

When I was in pubic school the mention of homosexuality was never spoken of. This omission of homosexuality did not cause us to hate or abuse homosexuals. In this moderns society of hyper-sexuality...it seems that we want to sexualize everyone in every aspect of sex as early as possible.

If a person wants to shield their child from any discussion of sex they are deemed ignorant and unsophisticated. It clearly looks like gay advocates believe that if sexuality is explained at the appropriate time that some parents will teach their children to HATE homosexuals....Why are gay activists so certain that this will take place? Why do they believe that traditional parents are nasty and will instill the dis-service of hate in their kids- and that gay advocates must intercede in the sexual education of children?

This is a type of prejudice that the gay community have against traditional parents. Gays insist that they are shown tolerance but they do not show the same tolerance as they expect themselves.

If children were left to their own natural device and parents were given the respect and trust they deserve- everything would work out in a positive manner. Forced acceptance through legislation and politically correct persecution will only continue to breed more resentment- If gay advocates want to mediate any possible hate- They should stop being so disrespectful and aggressive....no one likes pushy people.

I come from an era where there was no such term as sexual orientation..we did not hate anyone. The only violence against gays that I heard of was when- young straight urban and rural boys would go to a city park to "roll the gays" - Gays that were out trolling for young boys in the dark- were often set up by these young guys and robbed. The way these young criminals justified robbing them was in the fact that poor kids were being abused by gays who perceived them as desperate prostitutes....so if gays were abusive then that gave the robbers a justification to abuse them. This is old school stuff. It was common that desperately poor young men who were straight sold themselves.

A bit of unsavory gay history.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:15 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
Again, what happened to traditional family values? If thats the lifestyle you choose, go ahead, but dont force it upon everyone else by advertising. I need the Delorean to take me back to 1955 when values actually meant something.
Nobody is forcing anything on anyone, so you can put your fears away...

Old 06-01-2012, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
What is the point of telling children that homosexuality exists in the world? Is it to create a type of tolerance and too except it as being of the same value as hetro-sexuality? Too tell children of it's existence is the same as teaching the practice. On their own children simply would not think of it or even take it into consideration. To mention homosexuality to children is the early stages of conditioning kids that it is a valid form of sex..that it is "equal".....when it is not..

Gay advocates should not attempt to pave the road to a bright and beautiful future for themselves through children that are not their own. These days people act as if half the population are practicing homosexuals..this is not the case- as far as the population is concerned they are a very tiny but very vocal minority. The gay issue is a non-issue.

When I was in pubic school the mention of homosexuality was never spoken of. This omission of homosexuality did not cause us to hate or abuse homosexuals. In this moderns society of hyper-sexuality...it seems that we want to sexualize everyone in every aspect of sex as early as possible.

If a person wants to shield their child from any discussion of sex they are deemed ignorant and unsophisticated. It clearly looks like gay advocates believe that if sexuality is explained at the appropriate time that some parents will teach their children to HATE homosexuals....Why are gay activists so certain that this will take place? Why do they believe that traditional parents are nasty and will instill the dis-service of hate in their kids- and that gay advocates must intercede in the sexual education of children?

This is a type of prejudice that the gay community have against traditional parents. Gays insist that they are shown tolerance but they do not show the same tolerance as they expect themselves.

If children were left to their own natural device and parents were given the respect and trust they deserve- everything would work out in a positive manner. Forced acceptance through legislation and politically correct persecution will only continue to breed more resentment- If gay advocates want to mediate any possible hate- They should stop being so disrespectful and aggressive....no one likes pushy people.

I come from an era where there was no such term as sexual orientation..we did not hate anyone. The only violence against gays that I heard of was when- young straight urban and rural boys would go to a city park to "roll the gays" - Gays that were out trolling for young boys in the dark- were often set up by these young guys and robbed. The way these young criminals justified robbing them was in the fact that poor kids were being abused by gays who perceived them as desperate prostitutes....so if gays were abusive then that gave the robbers a justification to abuse them. This is old school stuff. It was common that desperately poor young men who were straight sold themselves.

I pretty much stopped reading at the phrase I bolded....Homosexuality is NOT a practice, but is people with an attraction to the same sex...It cannot be taught, learned, forced or changed.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:24 AM

Just sent a message that after my previous post- I should expect abuse- I don't think or believe that is what is going to happen. I did not lie- I did not attempt to generate hate- I just made statements that were true. There is no one who uses these forums that is going to attack or abuse me for giving my view that comes from a life time of observation.

Sure I might be old fashioned- sure I might not like somethings...but it is important to experiment with free thinking...instead of excepting everything as fact that is tossed your way.

These treads are very interesting- We are living in a part of history where humanity is attempting to evolve and are desperately in a panic rushing the evolution along. It just goes to show you that people are waking up and taking action..these are desperate and confused times. My dad taught me one thing and I will repeat it - It has to do with survival and mutual co-operation...

He said this when it came to selfish destructive actions..................."THERE ARE OTHERS".

It is the duty of every person to ensure that we all survive- whether we like or approve of the next person or not. Respect is the mutual transfer of power- If the so-called gay faction wants to ensure it's own survival- they had better ensure MINE also- It's a two way street.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Just sent a message that after my previous post- I should expect abuse- I don't think or believe that is what is going to happen. I did not lie- I did not attempt to generate hate- I just made statements that were true. There is no one who uses these forums that is going to attack or abuse me for giving my view that comes from a life time of observation.

Sure I might be old fashioned- sure I might not like somethings...but it is important to experiment with free thinking...instead of excepting everything as fact that is tossed your way.

These treads are very interesting- We are living in a part of history where humanity is attempting to evolve and are desperately in a panic rushing the evolution along. It just goes to show you that people are waking up and taking action..these are desperate and confused times. My dad taught me one thing and I will repeat it - It has to do with survival and mutual co-operation...

He said this when it came to selfish destructive actions..................."THERE ARE OTHERS".

It is the duty of every person to ensure that we all survive- whether we like or approve of the next person or not. Respect is the mutual transfer of power- If the so-called gay faction wants to ensure it's own survival- they had better ensure MINE also- It's a two way street.
I wouldn't worry about the survival of homosexuals, after all they are all created by us heterosexuals...

Old 06-01-2012, 06:31 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:

You are right on their own children don't think of it, or take it into consideration, they just see a picture of 2 people. They have to be taught fear, and hatred.

Do you think we should just sit back, and allow our freedoms to be eroded? That we should not fight for equality?

How is a picture of 2 people in a department store sexualizing anything? It is people who sexualize things. Take people on this thread for instance. They can't seem to see 2 people, they have to jump right into what these 2 people might be doing in bed.

Have you seen the statistics on teen birthrates? Where do they tend to be the highest? In areas where abstinence only programs are in effect. There seem to be a lot of parents not doing a very good job of explaining sexuality. And if you don't believe that some parents are teaching their child to hate, look on this forum. There is one kid in church singing that no homos gonna get into heaven, while being cheered on by the congregation.

It seems your idea of tolerance towards homosexuals is, stay in the closet, hide, don't hold hands, no kissing, don't talk about what you and your partner did this weekend, JUST PRETEND YOU ARE STRAIGHT.
That is not tolerance.

It is so pushy to want equality. I bet you would have said the same thing about women wanting to vote, or African Americans wanting their freedom and equality.

Well you must have not been educated very well since the exact term sexual orientation was coined in 1941. And the term homosexual was first used in 1869. Considering that homosexuals have criminalized in the US since it's inception, I would think that the hatred of gays has been a longstanding tradition in this country.

I love the way you seem to justify beating a homosexual based on what someone thought they might do. I was taught not to judge people. If you, or your friends thought something was up, why not call the police? What if that person defended themselves, and killed one of these kids who attacked him? He would have been completely justified in fighting back.

And we won't even get into the unsavory history of actions against homosexuals by others.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I pretty much stopped reading at the phrase I bolded....Homosexuality is NOT a practice, but is people with an attraction to the same sex...It cannot be taught, learned, forced or changed.
That is just plain silly. Take a young male or female- with no sexual orientation what so ever..put that young person on a desert island. THEN expose that person to a sexual practice...such as homosexuality...Seeing that this experimental person has had not sexual experience what so ever- I am sure through the addiction to pleasure- you can create a homo-sexual- You are kidding yourself if you think this is untrue- Human beings are capable of all sorts of adaptations.

The idea that a young person will come up with the idea of putting a penis in his mouth all on his own is absurd- This is a not a product of nature- It comes from human imagination...it must be suggested.

Explain to me how straight men in prison will find a submissive cell mate to preform oral sex on them...explain- Is that prisoner a homo-sexual or has he just adapted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies