Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 03:30 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla151 View Post
Who cares if its a tax or mandate on people who are irresponsible and won't buy their own insurance. They would rather use the ER to get medical care and it cost me increases in insurance premiums that are getting more and more difficult to pay. It makes employers have to pass on the increase in premiums to their employees. Tax them enough so they get insurance and I don't have to pay for their emergency room care and so they eventually get insurance and live a healthy responsible life.
Some people pay as they go to the doctor.. not everyone is sick. The kids who have high cost school loan repayments will be hit hard. Not everyone will jump for joy on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 03:30 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Seriously, I have it tied in a knot

can I take a pee Mr Government?
Yes, but only into a bottle. It'll be tested to make sure you're eating right, and the bill, uh, tax will be assessed to your account.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:31 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Yes! A victory for our country via the Supreme Court!! Now it's on to single-payer, starting with Vermont!

And then on to Illinois, and Wisconsin, and Iowa...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! !!

Old 06-28-2012, 03:32 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla151 View Post
Who cares if its a tax or mandate on people who are irresponsible and won't buy their own insurance. They would rather use the ER to get medical care and it cost me increases in insurance premiums that are getting more and more difficult to pay. It makes employers have to pass on the increase in premiums to their employees. Tax them enough so they get insurance and I don't have to pay for their emergency room care and so they eventually get insurance and live a healthy responsible life.
So bringing in 17 million more who won't pay will make it better. Are you kidding me? Sure, they will get free health care and visit the doctor weekly or monthly on the government meaning the TAX PAYER!

Old 06-28-2012, 03:33 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Mitt Romney offered that term in his June 2009 op-ed for people like you. May be you should ask him?
Wish I could ask obama. this is his theft I dont live in Romney's state

Old 06-28-2012, 03:33 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt
Hmmm...is Obamacare a regressive tax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Of course it is.

Hmmm, any liberals wanna comment? People should pay a regressive tax because it's for their own good?

Old 06-28-2012, 03:34 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Mitt Romney offered that term in his June 2009 op-ed for people like you. May be you should ask him?
Health care cannot be handled the same way as the stimulus and cap-and-trade bills. With those, the president stuck to the old style of lawmaking: He threw in every special favor imaginable, ground it up and crammed it through a partisan Democratic Congress.

Which is why ObamaCare should be repealed, its flat out - a bad law, passed in a dishonest, irresponsible, and corrupt manner.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:34 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
OP, wrong as usual! A representative government is better than a corporate one which you righties favor for some reason. You all never explain why corporations or the wealthy should be in control.
Go ahead, give it a try.
Explain why govt should not regulate or provide anything, or why such regulation is "anti-American" or is trampling on your "rights".
You like the "freedom" to be jerked around by an insurance industry?
If you opt out of health insurance and need emergency room care, unless you can cough up thousands of dollars, other people pay your bill.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:36 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
On the bright side, though, people with life-threatening pre-existing medical conditions will no longer have to choose between bankruptcy or early death.

I mean, that's something.
....and Republicans agree that we need to address preexisting conditions, so it will be included in their health care bill.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:37 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
How does paying for my own care without making a third party rich by skimming $$$$ to themselves make me a freeloader.I owe nobody nothing so why am I being fined or taxed or whatever todays name of the theft is

If you owe nobody nothing then you owe everybody everything

Anyway, if you pay for your own care now I.e you have insurance you won't be fined or taxed or whatever anything. Why is this so difficult to understand??

And P.s taxes are not theft. You do have a responsibility to the society you live in right? Tax and redistribution should offset inefficiencies created by a "free market".. You know, the one that brought the house crashing down in 2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies