Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 02:35 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,463,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
Wait, What? First off, I am assuming based on this that you are an ICU nurse. Second, it is your duty as a Nurse to to a head to tow analysis each and every time you look at a patient. Including feeling them, questions etc. Any Nurse or Dr. or care giver worth their salt would notice a cognitive change and report it to the attending and get things working.

Are you saying this will not happen based on the HC law?
It's called "anecdotal evidence" where the person making the argument is merely using himself as an authority figure to supply statements about a greater topic. I'm sure that person is very good at their particular career field in the health care industry but that knowledge is squat when it comes to interpreting law. I'm an aircraft mechanic. I work on airplanes all day long. I can probably tell you more about airplanes than most people. That does not make me an expert on aviation legislation. In fact, you don't want me to dictate aviation legislation to you because I know almost nothing about it. I don't need to know it in order to do my job. Merely saying "I've been in aviation for XX years..." does not make me an authority on aviation legislation, an expert in the field, or anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

8,346 posts, read 7,048,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libsk View Post
IMO, the President knew that it was a tax all along, he tried to pass it off as something else. I don't think you can blame the SC for calling a spade a spade.
What Obama intended it to be and it what it ended up being are two different things though. I honestly believe the only reason Obama threw his support behind this mandate was to save face.

Quote:
]As far as them being pretty much the same; they are the same (in public), but I really do fear that President Obama has a much more divisive agenda up his sleeve. Again, just my opinion.
I'm actually hoping that when he gets re-elected, he'll actually be liberal and not a moderate.

It's a far reaching hope that I don't expect to happen, but it's still a hope.

9,598 posts, read 16,572,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You think the largest tax hike in US history , when our economy is so bad is going to hurt Romney
Seeing that it was Romney's idea in the first place, you tell me!

(Sorry, can't stop smiling. Maybe it's all the GOP spin!)

10,581 posts, read 9,789,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Ok but now Romney can be accused of contributing to the uncertainty by promising to repeal the health care law if he's elected.
Romney can - and will - end the massive uncertainty introduced by Obamacare, when he grants waivers to all 50 states from it, on his first day in office.

Gewting bills through the Republican-majority House and Senate after that to repeal the law, will just be additional nails in its coffin... though still necessary.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:37 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
There is a shortage of doctors now, especially primary physicians. Obamacare will only add to the shortage.
So what you're saying is, because there's a doctor shortage, we NEED for a % of sick people to stay home and/or die so we don't exacerbate the problem?

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Huh, you do it anyway. Who do you think gets charged whenever someone goes into the ER with a cold or a boo-boo?

guess what? each time I get to the bill I read it. anything that I did not have done to me I have removed. it is what everyone should have been doing in the 1st place.

11,761 posts, read 14,663,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Now that the health care law has been settled how will businesses respond to this? Wasn't much of the economic uncertainty related to the uncertainty about the status of the health care law? Well this issue has just been cleared up for business owners by the Supreme Court. Or has it?
Uncertainty has just been a canard for as long as the Republicans have been whining about it.

The reason businesses haven't been hiring more people than they have been is lack of demand. Uncertainty has nothing to do with it. Businesses never have certainty as to what their future taxes or regulations are going to be.

1,156 posts, read 1,800,465 times
Okay, I just read Wikipedia about the healthcare act that's got everyone's panties in a wad. Based on a few statements (and I know Wikipedia content changes frequently) it seems that the healthcare act will increase private companies' total number of customers, while regulating how insurance companies run their businesses.

Health care reform in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think it's disingenuous for conservatives here on C-D and people like Romney craft their criticisms in the kind of language that makes it seem as if people will now go to the Federal government to buy health insurance. Moreover, I think the healthcare act is an overall positive for private business, especially those in the insurance field. They're going to get rich off of this--but at the same time, they'll actually have to pay more claims now--unlike the old days when they could get out of it by bringing up some kind of technicality.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:38 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
What about the poor who are born a raised (and exploited by the wealthy) here?
I was born poor, so that is no excuse. I worked to get what I have . I am not rich nor do I feel exploited. what is your excuse.. can't make a million so you bash the rich?

Old 06-28-2012, 02:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
Good point - so now the "lower" 50% will actually have to pay for the benefits they receive?
No, most of the lower 50% already have free government insurance, or get rebates, which will offset any tax they would have to pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies