Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2012, 01:06 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

Pro-choice people say abortions are not wanted so why do they discount women's feelings afterward. The site talks about the unseen grief women must endure alone. That can really tear a person up.
why do women haters do not think about the woman after being forced to go through an unwanted pregnancy? Why don't they think of the children of these women, who are usually abused, left alone, malnourished, whether they are with the woman or forced into foster care?

I personally know several women who got abortions as young adults, due to mistakes in their lives. They are glad they had the abortion, because at the time, they were simply not ready to have children.

One of them went on to get her doctorate and is now a Obstetrician, who also advises women on all women's sexual health issues. She has four kids now.

Another went on to work for a fortune 500 company, and chose to not have children. She's doing fine.

Not all women suffer after the choice, there are some that do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 01:09 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
The women you know would have abused their children if they had them? What kind of people do you run around with?

Old 07-03-2012, 01:18 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,372 times
Quote:
IMO unwanted pregnancy and the abortion that follows would be in the top ten of life disruptions. Some will talk about temporary relief followed by lifelong problems it causes with their psyche.

Pro-choice people say abortions are not wanted so why do they discount women's feelings afterward. The site talks about the unseen grief women must endure alone. That can really tear a person up.
In a free society adults have free will to make those decisions. Freedom has a price.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:26 AM

Quote:
The women you know would have abused their children if they had them? What kind of people do you run around with?

talk about when statements fly over you head.

i was responding to two wrong blanket statements you made in one post.

has anyone blown through one of your ears and air came out the other? Seems you can't follow a thread that you post in.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:29 AM

Just going with what you said. Women will abuse their children if they do not want to have them.

I personally know women who are strong enough to have children and go to school and have a career. They do it all. Women are stronger than some give them credit for.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Just going with what you said. Women will abuse their children if they do not want to have them.
That is not what I said. re-read the post/

Quote:
I personally know women who are strong enough to have children and go to school and have a career. They do it all. Women are stronger than some give them credit for.
I know many as well. The difference? They were ready to have children where they could afford to take care of. The women i knew who had abortions; they would have to have been on welfare, quit college, in order to support children, they were not ready to have.

We know you don't care what happens to children after they are born, so don't give us your fake sanctimonious crap about how women feel after having an abortion.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
That is not what I said. re-read the post/

I know many as well. The difference? They were ready to have children where they could afford to take care of. The women i knew who had abortions; they would have to have been on welfare, quit college, in order to support children, they were not ready to have.

We know you don't care what happens to children after they are born, so don't give us your fake sanctimonious crap about how women feel after having an abortion.

Who has a hollow head? I posted a link to women who say how abortion affected them negatively. I didn't guess. You might want to read some of the ''fake sanctimonious carp' those women wrote. Or you can dismiss them, like in the past.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:11 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
How about this.... you Christians and other various religious people who want to use your holy book to tell ME what to do keep it to yourself and simply don't have abortions. Easy peasy, right?

Oh... wait... I know of at least 5 pro life women Christian women who have had abortions... I guess it's do as I say and not as I do, right?

Seriously. Keep your religion out of my uterus and out of my life. Thanks.

"I know of at least 5 pro life women Christian women who have had abortions"

Sounds like half a story.

I'm confident the rest of their stories are something like "regret over this decision changed their lives", but we won't hear that part, will we?

Opposing abortion isn't a religious matter, if for no other reason than religions which uniformly condemn abortion agree on little else.

Those who support abortion would have us believe religious fundamentalists are attempting to end abortion and require people to attend weekly Bible study.

This is a straw man and is the most common argument for abortion.

Well, it's not really an argument for abortion as much as it is an argument against arguing against abortion.

See, everyone, to include the most sincere of abortion advocates, knows an abortion kills a living being which can only be a person.

Whether God exists or not, each of us has the tiny amount of reason required to understand that a fetus and a baby are the exact same thing.

The amount of time a fetus has spent developing after conception has no bearing on its status as a person because it has never been anything other than a person.

This is obvious because no other event takes place from conception until natural death during which the fundamental nature of this organism changes.

DNA doesn't wait until the middle of the second trimester to form.

The sex of the baby isn't on hold for twenty-one weeks.

Growth, as marked by cell division, begins on day one of the pregnancy.

All of this is ignored by people who understand abortion kills a baby.

Their reasons for supporting abortion are unrelated to obvious facts.

Slogans like "right to choose" are used to gloss over the reality of ending someone else's life.

Nothing is now taking place in the Western World which hasn't taken place throughout man's history.

Helpless, often conquered, people are declared non-persons by a state entity.

Slavery and murder are then justified because the victims are officially not human.

It's tremendously convenient for those who would prefer to not be bothered with the fundamental God-given rights of others.

I would even go so far as to say the power associated with having the legal authority to kill a specific class of individuals has an intoxicating effect.

With that, the rationalizations excusing what is arguably the most inhuman act imaginable meets precious little scrutiny.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:12 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Against her will? Don't be dramatic. She helped create that foreign body using her actions.

Who are you to say that the babies rights are any less valid than the mothers? Abortion is a RIGHT?! Seriously? Abortion is not a right! It is merely proof of a flawed system. You think you have a right to kill your child simply because it is your child? What the hell is wrong with you people? Give the woman another prize for being one of the most brainwashed people I've seen on CD.

No, I want people to accept the negative, not just the positive, consequences for their actions. You people are the ones coddling and protecting women from "the burden" of having a child because it may not suit her lifestyle at the moment. So kindly get some new talking points, because the ones you've been using are used and have been proven wrong.
Proven wrong? That's cute They've only been proven wrong in your opinion, so quit with the self-congratulatory back patting .

I used to be pro-life, so I definitely understand brainwashing..and boy am I glad I did the research, actually TALKED to women who had abortions and distanced myself from the pro life movement. I used to use the exact same talking points that you do, and realized I was wrong. Perhaps one day you'll do the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Great, PP can change their slogan to "Get an abortion because your fetus may be just like Hitler!"

You know what JetJockey? I think Vizual over here just beat you in the dumbest post ever challenge.

I'm to tired to say the same things I've been saying to refute this post.
If you think my posts are dumb then I'm obviously doing a pretty great job. Actually, I relish in the fact that you think my posts are dumb because it distances myself from posts like yours. Hooray!

Old 07-03-2012, 02:21 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Damn thats a whole lot of uneducated, jesus loving ghetto black and redneck mothers to be queing up for wic. Huge increase of poverty for that state with out abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies