Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 01:39 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,547,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Trust me, they've never been there. That's obvious.

NO IT DIDN'T!! NEVER...NOT ONCE. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Still whining about Berkeley?
Believe whatever fantasy version of history you wish. I'll take my father, uncle, and their Navy buddies' word (along with the many others who've come forward) over your shouted (all caps) words online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 01:55 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,791,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Still whining about Berkeley?
Tell me about it! Imagine the tearful marine being persecuted and denied his right to set up a marine recruitment stations on the altars of Glitches and Sailordaves Churches. They hate pacifists wherever they may be. Pulled the same poor persecuted nonsense at Columbia University and a few public school systems aggressively marketing 16yr old boys.

But these same clowns have no problem seeing Iraq vets shot at when they protest the war. Or stomped by horses. Or a whole host of other abuses inflicted on Veterans for Peace whose free speech is not permitted on Veterans day. Because being a bloodthirsty idiot is what manhood is all about, dontchaknow.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:00 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,572,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
The rising taxes are getting to most Californians, it seems. The electorate is becoming fed up with them.

There is a plan underway by transportation planners in the Bay Area that would install GPS devices in all cars and tax drivers for each mile they drive. Even though the plan wouldn't be implemented for ten years or so, it is already causing ire amongst area residents. Don't we already pay for what we use in the gas tax?!

If you think you're seeing an influx of Californians now, wait for the influx of Bay Areans in 10-15 years if this thing goes through. People will be livid. Hopefully they'll just limit the new tax to the City of SF so its residents can have a sanctimonious pride in doing even more to offset carbon and make their air cleaner.

I bet you live in a flashy, sexy place like Oklahoma or Alabama. (I actually like parts of those states, BTW.)

Tell that to the "dumbed down" alumni of UCLA, USC, Caltech, Loyola Marymount, Pepperdine, Redlands, Long Beach State, CSU-Fullerton, the Claremont Colleges, UC-Irvine, UC-Riverside, Loma Linda, Chapman, and UCSB (really an extension of Greater L.A. anymore). I'm sure you'll be reallllllly popular.

It's because we'll need a killin' taken to us for supportin' the q.ueer agenda.
and what kind of idiots would vote for this speed rail that we don't need and can't afford, even if it stayed at the $900 million estimate, which it has already far surpassed before they've even started on the damn thing.
The people of this state have no concept of fiscal responsibility and what it takes to keep jobs here. And it only seems to be getting worse, the Feds will soon own us outright. They already own most of our land, the rest belongs to the state, and they grant us permits to occupy a parcel. I am so sick of liberal governance.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:08 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,572,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
I wouldn't call it "compassionate Christian." I just call it marriage (and divorce, let's keep it real) equality.

I also believe that each state has the right to determine the constitutionality and legality of same sex marriages. It doesn't offend me that Mississippi has a constitutional amendment banning SSM and that New York has legalized it...and other "*******" states like Iowa, Vermont, Washington and Massachusetts.

I don't agree with California's Prop 8, but I also think since this state is essentially a pure democracy that the people spoke in 2008, so I don't agree with any halting or overturning of the proposition. The morally correct procedure as it affects the integrity of the California democracy and judiciary is to give it back to the people to vote on it. You know why Prop 8 was such a success in '08? The black and Hispanic populations were incredibly mobilized by being able to vote for the first African-American president, yet they tend to be socially conservative. During any other election cycle, I betcha you Prop 8 would have been defeated, if even narrowly. Even if the U.S. Supreme Court rules against the Ninth Circuit Court of San Francisco, I betcha We the People can garner enough support to get this issue back on the ballot and change things.
What do you mean give it back to the people to vote on it, we've already voted twice! The people have spoken. We also voted to legalize medical marijuana, the Feds should butt out! Let the people also vote on entitlements for illegals, we can fix that problem too.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:24 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,467,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Alaska has some beautiful nature scenes of mountains and forests.. but "better beaches than Hawaii?" Please...NO ONE is buying that.
Alaska has more beaches and coastline than all the other 49 States combined. Black beaches, white beaches, fjords, mud-flats, and every possible combination in between. Only those who are ignorant about Alaska's 6,640 miles of coastline are not "buying that."

Old 08-05-2012, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Believe whatever fantasy version of history you wish. I'll take my father, uncle, and their Navy buddies' word (along with the many others who've come forward) over your shouted (all caps) words online.
It is called "denial," and it is not just a river in Egypt.

I experienced it first-hand in San Francisco's airport in 1974, and the fool is trying to tell me it never happened.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Tell me about it! Imagine the tearful marine being persecuted and denied his right to set up a marine recruitment stations on the altars of Glitches and Sailordaves Churches. They hate pacifists wherever they may be. Pulled the same poor persecuted nonsense at Columbia University and a few public school systems aggressively marketing 16yr old boys.

But these same clowns have no problem seeing Iraq vets shot at when they protest the war. Or stomped by horses. Or a whole host of other abuses inflicted on Veterans for Peace whose free speech is not permitted on Veterans day. Because being a bloodthirsty idiot is what manhood is all about, dontchaknow.
I do not hate pacifists, I consider them to be drug-addled, brain-dead ideologues, with absolutely no grasp on reality.

Gee, yet another hypocritical liberal protest organization that violates the law, what a surprise!

Old 08-05-2012, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
What do you mean give it back to the people to vote on it, we've already voted twice! The people have spoken. We also voted to legalize medical marijuana, the Feds should butt out! Let the people also vote on entitlements for illegals, we can fix that problem too.
Do not hold your breath, the California Supreme Court will just strike it down as "unconstitutional," like they have with every other initiative that passed in the last 30 years. Like I said before, there is no hope for California.

Old 08-05-2012, 03:29 AM

37,146 posts, read 42,245,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I do not hate pacifists, I consider them to be drug-addled, brain-dead ideologues, with absolutely no grasp on reality.

Gee, yet another hypocritical liberal protest organization that violates the law, what a surprise!
You have a funny definition of "pacifist".

Old 08-05-2012, 03:56 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,372,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
The Texas economy continues to thrive, since the housing crash missed the Lone Star State.
Eh? What? I took a severe hit when I sold my old house this year. Granted, I got a damned good bargain last year on my new(er) house.

Texas economy is thriving but it isn't based on the housing market.

The crash didn't ignore any state in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies