Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2023, 06:39 PM

11,505 posts, read 6,008,999 times

Advertisements

Why did somebody bump a 10 year old thread.

We used to drink out of a garden hose when I was a kid. Our toilet water is better than a lot of water in the 3rd world.

People today think everything must be pristine. I have come to believe that trace amounts of "icky" tend to make you stronger and immunize you to large amounts of "icky". I think living too clean leads to weakened immune systems and problems later on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2023, 06:51 PM

18,744 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Tap water is the exact same quality as wastewater (also known as ‘toilet on tap’)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
It’s no secret that tap water contains a medley of harsh chemicals, heavy metals, fecal matter, puss, urine, and many other problematic substances.
When a poster starts a thread with a flat lie (and even with a title that's similarly a flat lie), there's no point in even reading the rest of the OP.

Old 01-14-2023, 08:27 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Why did somebody bump a 10 year old thread.

We used to drink out of a garden hose when I was a kid. Our toilet water is better than a lot of water in the 3rd world.

People today think everything must be pristine. I have come to believe that trace amounts of "icky" tend to make you stronger and immunize you to large amounts of "icky". I think living too clean leads to weakened immune systems and problems later on.
I've always wondered how people bump of these threads....and why? And garden hose water is just nasty lol

Old 01-14-2023, 08:27 PM

4,393 posts, read 1,701,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Thats Coors beer.
Hahahaha

Old 01-14-2023, 10:08 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
What if my tap water comes from a mountain spring?
depends on what feeds that mountain spring.... if there is a DuPont plant on the top of the mountain, might be the best water you can buy, perfectly balanced with chemicals, thanks to DuPont. and just because its a mountain (high place) doesn't mean that the spring isnt fed from a low source, and the water is pushed upward.... you want to know, test it

Old 01-14-2023, 10:19 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I've always wondered how people bump of these threads....and why? And garden hose water is just nasty lol
Garden hose was fine. You just had to let the water run for a bit before drinking to flush out any spiders that might be in the hose.

That was decades ago before they started putting chlorine or floride or other chemicals in the water.

Old 01-14-2023, 10:36 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,982,208 times
My local water tests quite well.

Old 01-14-2023, 10:42 PM

18,024 posts, read 27,472,437 times
Quote:
It’s no secret that tap water contains a medley of harsh chemicals, heavy metals, fecal matter, puss, urine, and many other problematic substances.

The dangers of tap water have been well documented throughout the past several decades, with officials now admitting that tap water is the exact same quality as wastewater (also known as ‘toilet on tap’). In the video above, I join Rob Dew of the Infowars.com Nightly News show to discuss the many dangers of tap water (fluoride in particular) and what to do about it.

The segment comes following the explosion surrounding the video I released just 3 days ago showing the putrid build up found in my water filtration device after funneling tap water through it for just one month and a few days. Generating more than 10,000 views per day organically, the video is a telling and graphic demonstration of just how contaminated your tap water really is.

If you are living in a city, for example, your tap water is likely loaded with pharmaceutical drug residues from birth control pills, antidepressants, antibiotics, and a host of other medications. Is it any wonder that antibiotic-resistant bacteria is continually popping up and causing problems throughout the world? One key thing I forgot to mention in the interview is the fact that 43,381 viruses have been found within the sewer system, many of which are completely unknown to scientists.

What this means is that our sewage system, which in many cases is turned into some form of tap water after being doused in chlorine and other chemicals, is actually breeding an unknown amount of deadly super viruses.

Beyond this looming threat is the presence of sodium fluoride. In many major cities, the average level of fluoride in the water is set to hover around 1ppm. As over 20+ other studies have discovered, Harvard research has revealed that this level of fluoride (as low as 1ppm) can impact IQ and potentially lead to permanent damage — especially in unborn children. The findings coincide with previous discoveries made public as far back as 1977 by the head of the Cytochemistry Section at the National Cancer Institute, Dr. Dean Burk.

Prison Planet.com » The Dangers of Tap Water and How to Protect Yourself

What's the TSS (total suspended solids) of your tap water? The BOD? The nutrients levels such as NH3, PO4-P aka phosphorus? How about NO3 or Nitrate? How about the NO2 or Nitrite levels? How about the TIN or total inorganic nitrogen? How about the E.coli?

Answer some of those questions and also tell us what Water and Wastewater certifications you possess. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Tap water is not made from recycled toilet and waste water. That stuff gets decontaminated and released downstream into the river (lake, etc) to journey along through the water cycle.

Tap water is pumped directly out of the river through underwater pipes that are laid upstream from the treatment plant. It's filtered, clarified, and disinfected () before it travels through underground pipes to our taps.
Oh, you're the one who bumped this beauty up.

Rather than using the word "decontamination", I'd consider the term "disinfection".

Old 01-15-2023, 08:16 AM

12,388 posts, read 8,155,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Garden hose was fine. You just had to let the water run for a bit before drinking to flush out any spiders that might be in the hose.

That was decades ago before they started putting chlorine or floride or other chemicals in the water.

Considering that started a century ago and yet we still grew up drinking out of a hose. Besides the water cooler ads a few people had when the individual bottled water ads started showing up we thought it was a joke. Then came the Gulf War and the USAF flying bottled water to Arabia as the reservist could not get their fast enough to produce water. At that point the people became afraid of local tap water.

While I can see keeping bottles instead of canteens in case The Big One earthquake knocks out water mains we are now at the point where the postal service delivers water to folks with what I think is perfectly safe tap water. And that is part of the reason the local postal district with limited staff can not ensure that our local residents get 6 day delivery of letters.

Old 01-15-2023, 08:34 AM

9,511 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:

The dangers of tap water have been well documented throughout the past several decades, with officials now admitting that tap water is the exact same quality as wastewater (also known as ‘toilet on tap’). In the video above, I join Rob Dew of the Infowars.com Nightly News show to discuss the many dangers of tap water (fluoride in particular) and what to do about it.

The segment comes following the explosion surrounding the video I released just 3 days ago showing the putrid build up found in my water filtration device after funneling tap water through it for just one month and a few days. Generating more than 10,000 views per day organically, the video is a telling and graphic demonstration of just how contaminated your tap water really is.

If you are living in a city, for example, your tap water is likely loaded with pharmaceutical drug residues from birth control pills, antidepressants, antibiotics, and a host of other medications. Is it any wonder that antibiotic-resistant bacteria is continually popping up and causing problems throughout the world? One key thing I forgot to mention in the interview is the fact that 43,381 viruses have been found within the sewer system, many of which are completely unknown to scientists.

What this means is that our sewage system, which in many cases is turned into some form of tap water after being doused in chlorine and other chemicals, is actually breeding an unknown amount of deadly super viruses.

Beyond this looming threat is the presence of sodium fluoride. In many major cities, the average level of fluoride in the water is set to hover around 1ppm. As over 20+ other studies have discovered, Harvard research has revealed that this level of fluoride (as low as 1ppm) can impact IQ and potentially lead to permanent damage — especially in unborn children. The findings coincide with previous discoveries made public as far back as 1977 by the head of the Cytochemistry Section at the National Cancer Institute, Dr. Dean Burk.

Prison Planet.com » The Dangers of Tap Water and How to Protect Yourself

I have a challenge for you. The next time I drop a big ol' steamy plopper, I will put the water in which it was deposited into a bottle and send it to you. You will then film yourself being given the choice of drinking tap water or the bottle of steamy plopper water, then post it on C-D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies